[Archive] Legion of Ravenswood [23.XI.2018 - 13th zwerg]

Alakihel:

Yeah, you’re right, I’ve finally recognize it :slight_smile: , but are the dwarf heads at thesame size as generic human helmet ? I mean any, Chaos warrior head/helmet will fit on it ?

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,

Alakihel.

ryanamandaanna:

I don’t know about Forge World specifically, but I’ve used Chaos heads with dwarf models quite a bit and they seem to work pretty well…

ChungEssence:

Great stuff.

Lovely paint job!

Ravenswood:

Some axes and shields from Russian Alternative’s barbarians sculpted by Yellow One:
http://russianalternative.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14
http://russianalternative.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36

2Alakihel Helms of chaos warriors is too small, only 2 or 3 helms of chaos knights have appropriate size.
2ChungEssence Thanks!

Zanko:

These shields are awesome - is there any possibility to get some of them?! :smiley:

:hashut

Ravenswood:

These shields are awesome - is there any possibility to get some of them?!

Zanko
I may ask the RA's HQ about it.

ryanamandaanna:

These shields are awesome - is there any possibility to get some of them?! :D

Zanko
I second that. Those shields are amazing, but unfortunately I don't read russian... ;)

Ravenswood:

2ryanamandaanna 2Zanko I spoke with Sergey (RA owner) and he say what he may produse little run of  shields and weapons for one of russian on-line store (Каталог | Toy Armies). I don’t know about price but I think it don’t be high.

Borador:

Spectacular paint job and nice work on those conversion! Looking forward to seeing more of these chaps together when finished, they look really good! Keep up the good work Ravenswood, I’ll send you a slave to help with the painting!

Kera foehunter:

I think you did well with the Hobgoblin wolf rider !!

Ravenswood:

Musician and standard bearer for fireglaives unit. Second rank will be soon.

Ravenswood:

Good news, everyone! ©

I just finished the hobgoblin test piece. I greatly inspired of Veksi’s sneaky gits so I choose same color scheme. I like how he looks but didn’t like my painting speed. Need to seriously think about hiring professional painters.

[align=center][/align]

vulcanologist:

Patience is a virtue! Don’t worry how long it takes, that hobbo is superb! Paint them all to that standard and you’ll have one of the best armies anywhere!

Painting an army yourself is what this hobby is all about in my opinion. Doesn’t matter how it looks…you just should be proud to stand back and say I did that!

If you really are

Worried about how long your painting is taking though, just keep your rank and file a bit simpler and lavish your care on your command groups and front rank models.

Abecedar:

Like your stuff so far. Some nice subtle shadings I wish I could match.

Ravenswood:

Patience is a virtue!

vulcanologist
Patience is a virtue indeed but I am need to be realist. I cannot paint simplier and I try to find way to complete huge part of army for one or two years.

vulcanologist:

I cannot paint simpler either! My army’s take a

Long time…but I believe anything worth doing is worth doing well!

Veksi:

Good news, everyone! ©
I just finished the hobgoblin test piece. I greatly inspired of Veksi's sneaky gits so I choose same color scheme.

Ravenswood
:o Good grief that's a lovely paintjob on a model!

About the speed, try painting three similar models per painting session and you'll see how much faster you paint when you have to do the boring similar models... You just want to get them done to paint something else :D

I really appreciate your nod to me, I'm touched! :(

:cheers

Borador:

Looking very, very good! Concerning painting speed I’ll have to go with what Veksi says. I don’t paint this well (not even close TBH) but back in the day when I painted along the guidelines of a colour scheme I did 3-5 miniatures at the time. It really speeds the painting up, as you can continue on the first one once you are done with the last one! :slight_smile:

Ravenswood:

2Borador 2Veksi Thanks! I’ll try this method later on sneaky gits command group. Now I will concentrate on IG fireglaives unit and infernal castellan conversion.

tjub:

I love your Hobgoblin!