[Archive] Legion of Ravenswood [23.XI.2018 - 13th zwerg]

French_noodle:

Very nice paintjob on the hobgoblin, really cool :slight_smile:

Thommy H:

I thought I’d commented on this thread already but apparently not! Astonishing paintjobs - the metals especially are superb. I actually can’t tell if they’re NMM or NMM techniques with metallics, but they just look incredible. The subtle patterning on the Sneaky Git’s hood is also really cool.

DAGabriel:

Agree, lovely Hobgob, may have to borrow the idea for a chamipon, i am too lazy to adopt it for a whole unit.

Ravenswood:

[align=center][/align]

second

Grimstonefire:

What colours are you using for the brown/bronze part of the armour?

Awesome work btw.

Do you enter a golden daemon? I think Poland would be your closest. You would win something with these I’m sure.

Karring:

NMM, ravenswood? Cool! I love the results of that technic. Amazing. That CD remembers me “Grudge bearer”, where CD armours was made of bronze.

Ravenswood:

2Grimstonefire I use black/orange (50/50) for the base then add Calthan brown more and more to the pure calthan brown. Then add little drop of bubonic brown and white. All a old citadel paints.

I think what GD more and more for the professional painters or the painting teams like MassiveVoodoo, not for hobbists (with exception of UK GD). Maybe I will participate on GD Italy in this year because I will be in Italy in same time. But I have no illusions.

2KarringThanks! :hat off

brotsorrow:

NIce work man, those are some awesome skills. DOn’t get down on the length of time it takes you. I just made a thread asking how to speed up the process and now i feel silly as my skillz do not compare to yours.

Also, can you keep us posted on the shields? I went to your friends site and unfortunately my Russian is a little weak.

CopperPot:

Hi!
So it is very-very slow painting blog of my LoA army. At first I do some test pieces for IG regiments.

Test  piece for fireglaive unit:

Ravenswood

These are excellent, love the use of chaos knight head might have to steal this for my infernal guard.

Borador:

Second one is looking awesome! How do they rank up? I for one would like to see them together!

Ravenswood:

Second one is looking awesome! How do they rank up?

Borador
Thanks! They rank up with no ploblems 'cause before paint first of them, I rank up first ten with 2 ranks with converted command group. 3rd will be very soon, only fireglaive left to paint.

2CopperPot Thanks!

Borador:

Interesting, looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Kronosv13:

Real cool painting, I dig the grimy pale colour scheme, the chequered pattern on the hobgoblin is really good.

Vaftrudnir:

Infernally divine painting skills there mate.

Ravenswood:

A little addition: yesterday I visit little masterclass of Yellow One and look how he paint CD crewman skin. It’s awesone and I try to copy that on my Mid Nor chasm warrior.

[align=center][/align]

Karring:

skin looks great, Raven. I would add an ink wash to finish it, but it looks incredible.

Veshnakar:

Forgive me if it was mentioned already, but on the fireglaives bases, what exactly did you used for the buildup/lavarock on their bases? I love how it looks and I have been trying my best to achieve what you have already pulled off.

Thanks in advance.

Ravenswood:

I did bases from Magic Spulpt (or white Milliput, both are enough good for this case) and Vallejo sandy paste. If you want I may do a photos from the process, it’s very easy.

CopperPot:

Sri’hc the Slavelord:

I LOVE your painting Ravenswood! Superb technique!