[Archive] Loki's Army Classic Models help needed 21/11/10

Loki:

Thanks mate i did get some lucky breaks in that game, i will have to try harder to get the hobgoblins killed rather than letting the little guys run off :h

like wise mate hope this snow clears soon

Loki:

here are some pics of my bull centaurs and my lord on foot

[attachment=2013]

[attachment=2012]

Merchant:

I see you got the “new” Chaos Dwarf Lord figure, what is it made of, I mean is it plastic or metal?

- By the way, you minis are great, also the Bullies you have converted :slight_smile:

great job mate - keep them coming :cheers

tjub:

Good looking Bull Centaurs, and finally somone who made good use of a dwarf Hammerer! IMO but ugly models (GWs hammerers)… :slight_smile:

Loki:

Thanks Merchant thanks tjub :cheers,

the “new” Chaos Dwarf Lord figure is made of metal its a really good mini well worth the money,

have to agree with you about the hammerers tjub they are some really poor models the worse ones for the dwarf range that gw do , the one that i have used is called Drong the Hard i think he was a special character at one stage, you can still get the model thought the collectors range makes a nice hero for most units with a little converting :slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

love the paint job on the bulls!!

Loki:

thanks Kera am very happy wiht how they have come out :slight_smile:

Obsidian:

Best use for those Hammerers I’ve seen yet, nice work.

I’d put a few washes over the bases, this really helps them look better and lets the miniatures stand out more. :slight_smile:

Loki:

thanks Obsidian :), what washes would you recommend ?

superfella:

loving the bull centaurs!

that deserves a handful of super-slaves!

Obsidian:

thanks Obsidian :), what washes would you recommend ?

Loki
Chestnut (red-ish tint) would nicely tie in with the colours the Bull Centaur bodies have but I'd start with a mix of brown with a bit of green, all washes very thinned down with water of course.

Dunno if you have acces to the new washes from GW but they would be great too because they dry up matt.

Loki:

Thanks superfella :slight_smile:

I think i still have some chestnut ink laying around some where so will give it a go, i have got most of the new GW inks so will do some experimenting and see if i like the results, thanks again for the tip obsidian

Xander:

Loki, we are trying to feature AoW Dwarf Lord of Chaos models for the next WoH issue. Do you think you could take some larger pictures with a white background and PM them to me? :slight_smile:

Great work.

Loki:

Thanks Xander

i will get on that this evening and get some photos to you soon as poss :slight_smile:

wallacer:

that deserves a handful of super-slaves!

superfella
I agree. *reaches for the keys to the slave pen*

Loki:

Thanks wallacer

glad you like them i am really happy with how they came out :slight_smile:

Loki:

Some new chaos dwarfs that i have been working on over the last few days, a new champion for my blunderbuss unit , a new big hat lord on foot and some big hat death rocket crew that ubertechie very kindly gave me knowing of my love of big hats  

[attachment=1134]

[attachment=1135]

Swissdictator:

Looking really nice Loki. I might have to borrow your idea for your Lord for my own if you don’t mind. :slight_smile:

tjub:

Ah, I like the lord modell. What is he based on?

Loki:

of course not mate feel free the hat is from one of the blood bowl players and is a good size for the dwarf lord :slight_smile: