[Archive] Loki's Army Classic Models help needed 21/11/10

Zanko:

Your “hobgoblin cruise missile” is stunning! :hat off

Brilliant idea!

Great comic style!

:hashut

Da Crusha:

cool army! I have to admit this is my first time going to your army blog. I really like your demonsmith and your totally sweet death rocket :hat off. you should convert some hobgobbo slaves to go on that big base and then maybe some cd crew with whips forcing the hobgobbos to fly. that would be really cool, or at least that’s what I would do. :slight_smile:

Hrothgar Goldgreed:

I really should look at your blog more often! Your latest updates are great and very inspirational (the warmachine and the thorek conversion :hat off)!

Loki:

@ Kera and Zanko Thanks i am so happy i was able to find all the bits for it in the loft spent a good hour digging through old boxes of Warhammer and i was finally reward with the launch ramp and grot bomb, i also found another spare rocket but am missing one of the fins so i was thinking as i don�?Tt have a launch ramp for this one i might turn it in to a v2 style rocket like tjubs just not with all the cool smoke :slight_smile:

@ Da Crusha thanks, glad you like the army, and thank you for the idea for the death rocket :), i was thinking of making a gate with curtains covering the entrance with a sign saying free rides for hobgoblins with a cd standing there keeping an eye on the queue, it will be the ride of you life :hat off

@ Hrothgar Goldgreed thanks allot mate, any ideas that you like they are yours :slight_smile:

so up date time have now finished my lovely big unit of big hats :hat this is going to be the pride of my army and will be used in every game from now on

[attachment=1591]

[attachment=1592]

Also this was my golden hat entry which i will be using as a bullcentaur hero/lord for the army

Loki:

Am on a bit of a painting spree at the mo :slight_smile: these guys came thought the post today from ebay, i plan on using them as a bolt thrower for the army have got another one coming which i hope will be here tomorrow , just really love these models and have been looking for a way of getting them in the army for some time now and have finally managed it :D  

[attachment=1596]

wallacer:

The paintjob on the big hat unit is creepily realistic.

Taedae:

this is like an art show. but i cant pick a masterpiece because they all are. good job loki. mucho props.

Kilov:

Hello there Loki!

I felt bad not having left a comment in your blog while you have been supporting me on mine from the beginning!

I love the army! Ofcourse my affection goes out to the big hats mostly :stuck_out_tongue:

And that hobgoblin cruise missile! I think I might start to drool :slight_smile:

Your on your way being a general of a fantasticly looking army mate! Keep painting because I can’t wait to see more :slight_smile:

Kilov

Kera foehunter:

those tall hat are spooky and really creeps me out

Loki:

thanks every one for your kind words :slight_smile:

@ wallacer and Kera , I know that unit has turned out looking rather menacing, every model seems to have evil eyes, well that what you get from having such a heavy load on you head from such a big hat :hat

@ Taedae, thanks for the high praise :slight_smile: the next things to be added is another bazooka team which came in the post yesterday and a the unit of blunderbuss so check back soon :slight_smile:

@ Kilov, thanks allot mate, i do love my big hats :hat i do not have your skill at modelling and using GS or i would have a whole army of them, i love the hats so much i have made a life size one for my trip to the uk games day in September check out my work in progress on it here https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/5504 , I am also looking forward to seeing more of your awesome stuff to as well :slight_smile:

kerbak:

Oh Mne, your army looks very great, i love your paint work and your conversions, specially de death rocket with the globin on it,

and I must say that i usually dont like big hats, but in your army looks very good, and make think again on them:cheers

Loki:

thanks kerbak for all those great comments i am glad to hear that my big hats may have swayed you in to including one or two in your growing army :slight_smile:

update time: have now finished my second bolt thrower, was very happy with how one preformed in my last game ( was only 1000 pts games and could not fit the other in, to many big hats that need to get in :slight_smile: ) killing 2 bulls 1 iron gut and taking 2 wounds of a bruiser which my hero finished off nicely with a great weapon. am so impressed with them that i plan to add another 2 to my army, was out bid by 5p on ebay this evening for 2 :mad , but not all bad news from the worlds online market as i was able to get 2 complete Lammasu both with riders for under £25 :smiley: so expect to see them painted up and in the blog soon.

First i have my second bolt thrower that i have finished today  

[attachment=1601]

and inspired by igorvet awesome art work in the WOH 5 the start of my unit of Slayers of Hashut, have not decided on what i am going to use them as yet might be a unit of normal warriors or a unit of sneaky gits time will tell i guess :slight_smile:

clam:

I tempted to do a slayer unit as well. The llok wild and evil enough to join the Chaos Dwarfs. Would like to see, how the look with their heads shaved :wink: Might give that a try - if you don’t mind my stealing you idea.

Loki:

Consider the idea yours Clam :slight_smile: I picked up some more yesterday at my local GW to bring the unit up to 15 , just have to paint them now :slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

cool slayer love the banner loki

Loki:

thanks Kera :slight_smile: thought you would like the slayers, i have nearly got another 7 done so not many more to go now :slight_smile:

Just got one of my 2 Lammasu throught the post this morning so just need to paint strip it and then i can start work :smiley:

clam:

Consider the idea yours Clam :) I picked up some more yesterday at my local GW to bring the unit up to 15 , just have to paint them now :)

Loki
Thx! and I'll be looking forward to see a hole unit of these.

Loki:

Thanks Clam i will have them done soon

now its time for an update i think :slight_smile:

Have been working on my unit of slayers am now up to a unit of 15 so 5 more to go and they will done and i will then get some pics posted up :slight_smile:

I have now completed Lammasu number 1 and here he is

tjub:

Sweet, thats quite a few models! :slight_smile: The lammasu is really nice aswell… :slight_smile:

Loki:

Thanks alot Tjub , i never liked the look of the lammasu when i first started looking at cd but have to say it has grown on me and i was very impressed with the model when i got it through the post :slight_smile: