[Archive] Loki's New big hat army, CD Hero update 20/5/12

Loki:

Hi everyone I am back and i bring a nice new army to paint with me :smiley:

For those of you that do not know me I am a massive big hat fan, just cant get enough of them :hat

Allot has happened in the past year or more that i have been missing but i am happy to say that that is all over and done with now and the hectic year and a half that has put a massive dent in the hobby aspect of life is finally over and I can get back to painting some great new models.

But I am happy to say I have kept my toe in the water and have been able to pick some great bargains from friends and the dreaded eBay so without further to do here is the big hat army that I have always wanted, now all I have to do it paint it all lol :stuck_out_tongue:

First up is the 73 big hat axe men

A small unit of 15 blunderbussers

my big hat warmachines 2 Death Shrieker rockets and 2 Dreadquake mortars

some bull centaurs

I have enought ot make 10 of these now so once i have paintstripped these i can get to work on them.

my characters

and for thoese of you who remeber my old blog my own versions of what are now Iron Daemon war engine and what i will be using as a K’daai Destroyer

Iron Daemon

K’daai Destroyer

I also have a wizard on a lammasu somewhere hiding in a box in a dark part of a cupboard

I have to say these will not be painted as fast as my old army I am going to take my time on the army and get it looking just how I want.

I am going to go for a classic bright red and gold look for them.

I think that with my old army which I still have i am now at least 9000 points of chaos dwarfs , about 4500 converted and 4500 big hats

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

Kera foehunter:

Nice Old school cds there Loki

It look like the earth shaker canon works … by the way it tore the other canon apart lol

Thommy H:

:o

warh:

Nice to se you back here Loki!

DAGabriel:

Too new here to have known you, but what a sight is that lot of warriors!

tjub:

You have been missed, good to have you back! :slight_smile:

theforgefather:

HOLY SHIPS!

soooooo many hats!!!

nice iron deamon

The Besieger:

Great army you have there :).

The K’daai Destroyer is super.

Admiral:

Nice beginning, especially with the horde! Hashut will be pleased, I tell ya!

Loki:

Thanks for the warm welcome back guys,

@ Kera Yep that earth shaker lost the battle between model and gravity , sadly gravity won , but that�?Ts why we have glue :stuck_out_tongue:

@ Thommy H Yes 73 lol I got a little carried away with buying them and when a mate at my club asked me how many i now had i did not know so had a count up and thought that 73 was more than enough for the mo :smiley:

@ warh Good to be back at last been to long.

@ Tjub Good to be back mate have just checked out your blog , good to see you have kept busy, some very nice stuff mate cant wait to see more :slight_smile:

@ DAGabriel The only problem with so many warrior is i have to paint them all now, its certainly going to take some time lol

@ Theforgefather Thanks I had a lot of spares and i am a bit of conversion nut at times and it all just kind of fell in to place and i am pleased to say it did not cost anywhere near as much as the fw one :smiley:

@ Horley Thanks very much it was a single day blitz build and conversion which i posted up an hour by hour as it went on my original blog, was certainly a day well spent :slight_smile:

@ Admiral Thanks very much :slight_smile:

I have started work on the gamesday ltd edition model over the weekend but sadly could not do as much as i hoped to but i will have pics up when it finished for you all you see.

Loki:

Hi everyone I am back and i bring a nice new army to paint with me :smiley:

For those of you that do not know me I am a massive big hat fan, just cant get enough of them :hat

Allot has happened in the past year or more that i have been missing but i am happy to say that that is all over and done with now and the hectic year and a half that has put a massive dent in the hobby aspect of life is finally over and I can get back to painting some great new models.

But I am happy to say I have kept my toe in the water and have been able to pick some great bargains from friends and the dreaded eBay so without further to do here is the big hat army that I have always wanted, now all I have to do it paint it all lol :stuck_out_tongue:

First up is the 73 big hat axe men

A small unit of 15 blunderbussers

my big hat warmachines 2 Death Shrieker rockets and 2 Dreadquake mortars

some bull centaurs

I have enought ot make 10 of these now so once i have paintstripped these i can get to work on them.

my characters

and for thoese of you who remeber my old blog my own versions of what are now Iron Daemon war engine and what i will be using as a K’daai Destroyer

Iron Daemon

K’daai Destroyer

I also have a wizard on a lammasu somewhere hiding in a box in a dark part of a cupboard

I have to say these will not be painted as fast as my old army I am going to take my time on the army and get it looking just how I want.

I am going to go for a classic bright red and gold look for them.

I think that with my old army which I still have i am now at least 9000 points of chaos dwarfs , about 4500 converted and 4500 big hats

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

Kera foehunter:

Nice Old school cds there Loki

It look like the earth shaker canon works … by the way it tore the other canon apart lol

Thommy H:

:o

warh:

Nice to se you back here Loki!

DAGabriel:

Too new here to have known you, but what a sight is that lot of warriors!

Kronosv13:

These look really good, i really like that steampunk k’daai and the steam daemon…i actually prefer your steam daemon to the warhammer forge one. it’s less busy and something about it’s compact form makes look more Dawi Zharr. Is it made from the hellcanon kit, and if so… may I pinch the idea somewhat to make one :slight_smile:

sirrah:

I absolutely love bighats, but seeing so many of those axemen together… Of all the single-piece rankfiller kits GW put out in 4th/5th, I think CD suffered the most.

Can’t wait to see these complete, though!

clam:

Welcome back, Loki - glad seeing you back here and doing your beloved Big Hats.

And great to see the return of a few familiar faces here. Still remember quite well that weekend where “we” build that Kollossus of yours.

To old friends :cheers

tjub:

You have been missed, good to have you back! :slight_smile:

theforgefather:

HOLY SHIPS!

soooooo many hats!!!

nice iron deamon