[Archive] Lord Zanthrax and the Tools of Destruction

tjub:

Congrats to a 2000pts army, that should give you a medal! Good luck with the tournament…

Yodrin:

Gz on your 2000p army, and a nice one it is indeed!!!

Grimbold Blackhammer:

The army of the purple people eaters!

Good luck at the tournament!!

Goltor Lintrepide:

I’m not a big fan of your destroyer, but your army looks awesome. Good luck!!!

Zanthrax:

Tournament update

Game 1 warriors of chaos- using the old book as the new one was too recent saw the return of the marauder hordes, lots of marauder horse and skull crushers.

Great game but I was smashed 20/0 and the only bright part was using magic to take out the bsb leading a marauder cAv unit.

Game 2 ogres- 3 sabre tusk redirectors, ogre block with butcher, stone horn with hunter and 2 other stone horns (yes 3 stone horns in one 2000 point army)

Big 18/2 win for me as a stone horn charged the destroyer who killed it in the first round and then managed to get the 2nd one too.  At this point he went for his third but before he could get there it was killed by my warriors.  

Game 3 high elves- lots of swordmasters, archers, eagles and  a unit of silver helms.  Destroyer led from the front and was charged by some sword masters with a hero with dragon armour- big mistake as the destroyer ripped them apart and then chased everything else whilst the blunderbuss and warriors cleaned up the rest.

19/ 1 win for the big hats

Game 4 ogres- destroyer gets charged by bull block and stone horn - 2 rounds of combat the bulls are running with the stone horn which get caught by the destroyer - I think he likes stone horn meat!

I turn the tyrant’s ogre block flammable and the magma cannon softens them up with 18 wounds in one shot!  Destroyer and flaming warriors do the rest.  Blunderbuss take out some mournfang and its a 20/0 win for me.

My list

Level 4 sorc - blood of hashut, enchanted shield, talisman of preservation and crown of command and lore of hashut

Bsb with mask of furnace

22 infernal guard - banner of eternal flame

29 blunderbuss

Magma cannon

Kdaai destroyer

Lessons learnt

With only 4 deployments I kept my destroyer back a little and avoided compulsory frenzy charges by being close to lord and bsb.  I also used him to draw out big units and either made them flammable or gave him hatred.  He then ripped them apart and generally only took wounds due to burning bright.

Blunderbuss were deadly but when I was outflanked such as in the first game even stubborn did not save me.

Warriors were solid with the bsb providing some back up.

Using our lore of hashut was great and when combined with the magma cannon lots of ogres burned!

My only complaint about the tournament was there was no comp which led to some OTT lists such as the 3 stone horn 2000 army.  It seems the revival of the warhammer tournament scene here is due to the lack of comp which seems to me leading to lots of big wins/ big losses and not many draws which I am not a huge fan of.

Apart from that gripe it was a good day with me enjoying four fun games but would have liked to see how the new warriors of chaos go.

Thanks for reading

Zanthrax

Da Crusha:

good job!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Stiglitz:

It’s a good and effective colour scheme. Grats.

Abecedar:

Do so like your army, the colour scheme and especially the banners.

Zanthrax:

Here is the first painted bull centaur using the chaos knight horse. Not completely happy and have chosen to use a different version of the horse which I think will work better.  WIP of these behind the painted version.

Zanthrax:

A couple more WIP bull centaurs

Shields will go on the sides like the previous bull centaur and hopefully get painting over Easter.

Zanthrax

Zanthrax:

A unit of the infamous zonkcast based and ready for painting

Bad Gram Northern:

those are very cool! are they still available somewhere?

Zanthrax:

As far I am aware they are not available as zonk was a scammer as many who paid for them never got their order.

One of our CDO brothers was kind enough to sell me his. I also have 18 odd blunderbuss from this range.

Zanthrax:

Next two bull centaurs finished- am much happier with these 2 compared to the first one I made (in rear of photo).

Next on the agenda is the iron daemon and it’s about time to get some paint on my slaves

Yodrin:

Nice looking BC!!

Zanthrax:

First batch of repainted slaves and khan finished.

I love using the blood Bowl hobgoblins - brings a sense of humour back.  Have 16 more ready for the paint shed.

g0rrikk_h0th34d:

cool army bro :smiley:

Yodrin:

Very very nice!!

Zanthrax:

Thanks for all the positive feedback.

Here is the iron daemon - just a few touch ups on the barrels which as this is a recast (which i only found out after I had purchased and received it) ended up to my liking.  I now have a second which I bought directly from forge world.  

Lesson learnt from eBay - if the deal looks too good to be true, ask for authentication it is the real deal!

DAGabriel:

They look really cool, love the BB Hobgoblin conversions.