[Archive] Lore of Hashut Ideas

Lord Zarkov:

My ideas based on our old spells

1: Fist of Fire (4+): Remains in Play[/i] The caster gains +1 attack and wounds on a 2+. Additionally his attacks count as flaming[/i]

2: Ash Cloud (7+):Remains in Play[/i] This may be cast on any enemy unit within 18", even if engaged in combat. They are at -1 M, Bs, Ws & Ld.

3: ? Unsure, I don’t think another damage spell is appropiate, but can’t think of characterful & balanced ways to adapt otehr spells

4: Shadows of Hashut (8+):[/i] [/i]

5: Lava Storm (11+): Magic Missile[/i] with range 12, it does 2D6 S4 hits that ignore armour saves. Flaming[/i]

6: Eruption (12+):[/i]

metro_gnome:

for your number 3… i suggest magma pool…

for a steed of shaows type effect that only worx on the caster…

Lord Zarkov:

I was thinking about that, but it would probably have a rediculously low casting cost.

Then again, prehaps it could be still used is mounted (like in 5th); in which case it would have a higher casting value; although I’m not sure waht to rate it at

metro_gnome:

well remeber that…

to steed of shadows into combat is useful…

to steed of shadows out of combat is pure gold…

Xander:

I will have to take a look at the old spells, but these seem good to me. :slight_smile:

Hobgoblyn:

While making up new Magic Lores is most certainly fun because spell variety is something WarHammer sort of lacks overall…

For ease purposes wouldn’t it be simpliest to simply have Chaos Dwarf Sorcerers cast Metal and Fire and have the Hobgoblin ones cast Shadow and Beast?..

Not that I am totally against making new spells, it is fun…

Hashut’s Blessing:

I would say make fist of fire lose 1 attack against models that ignore flaming attacks instead of not being affected. It is silly that a fist enveloped by flame wouldn’t hurt, when a fist would…

Ash Cloud should maybe affect I instead of Ld and if into comabt, maybe it removes 1 from the Bs/I of our troops as well. A cloud disperses a bit after all.

Number three. Armour of Hashut, maybe a 5+ ward for caster and +1 AS (even if using AoG) to any other model?

Eruption should maybe be S4 and higher casting value or should be flaming, but affects creatures that don’t take flame damage (a large glob of molten rock hurts even if it wouldn’t burn…)

Just my opinions. Although, this is the first list that has made me not want to say there are too many magic lores and special rules now. It has prevented me from saying that it is not characterful enough and that it is difficult to create spells well. Kudos to ye Zarkov. Kudos.

metro_gnome:

i expect hobgbolin shamans would use the little waaagh!..

tho i find the idea of hobgoblin shamans repellent…

bump ash cloud into the 3rd spot… 7+ in the second spot is not normal…

and like i said i think magma pool… a steed of shadows for just the sorceror… 5+

Revlid:

LORE OF HASHUT

When Hashut was released from his underground imprisonment, he granted the gift of Sorcery to the runesmiths and runelords that had served him most faithfully. Once all the Dwarfs in the Darklands had been brought under his rule, he called from the dark corners of the world seven powerful daemons who owed him their allegiance, and used his might to bind them into seven runes of great power.

The master copies of these runes are works of dark art, and are kept in the Temple of Hashut in Zharr Naggrund. Each priest of the Father of Darkness learns their form and meaning, and in doing so gains the power to inscribe lesser copies upon the air, the ground, or the flesh of a slave, allowing them to use the power of the six willing children of Hashut to wreak havoc among their enemies.

And so the Father of Darkness did call forth his seven children, and all came forth, from far and near. And he bade them to aid his servants in their task, and all but one did did obey.

And the Hanbeh the greatest of them did say “I care not for your servants, I will not serve them”, and for his arrogance Hashut bound him against his will, that his craftsmen might use him to bind as he had been bound.

And each was bound into a rune of power, that his favoured servants might call upon them, for each had inherited an aspect of his power.

Razheph who is the fiery rock, the burning flame

Molach who is the dark lurker, the sudden fear

Tashub who is the storm of shadow and ash, the unending darkness

Azakku who is the unflinching hatred, the eternal malice

Pazazzu who is the burning forge, maker and unmaker

Baelath who is the erupting ruin, the sundered earth

Hanbeh who is the unwilling one, the bound slave

Third Book of Hashut, Verse 3

Spell generation rules for the Lore of Hashut are as normal; a wizard may automatically substitute one of his spells for the first spell on the list (Blessing Of Hashut).

D6…SPELL…CASTING VALUE

1…Razeph, Rune of Immolation…5+

2…Azakku, Rune of Malice…7+

3…Molach, Rune of Horror…7+

4…Tashub, Rune of Ash…7+

5…Pazazzu, Rune of Unforging…10+

6…Baelath, Rune of Ruin…12+

1. Rune of Immolation

Cast on 5+

Marking a twisting rune of fire that emits a burning heat shimmer, the Sorcerer’s bids Razeph’s power to burn his enemies, magical fire playing around them, melting their skin like wax.

The Rune of Immolation is a magic missile with range of up to 24". If successfully cast, the Rune of Immolation causes D6 Strength 4 Flaming hits

2. Rune of Malice

Cast on 7+

Etching a glittering rune of hatred and vengeance, the Sorcerer empowers the faithful of Hashut with the malice of Azakku, their blades glowing darkly with the power of his magic.

This spell may be cast on one Chaos Dwarf or Bull Centaur unit in Close Combat within 18". If successfully cast, all of the models in the unit Hate everything. In addition, their attacks count as Magical and Flaming. The effects of this spell last until the end of the next Combat Phase.

3. Rune of Horror

Cast on 7+

Tracing a grimy rune that seems to writhe and contort like a living thing, as shadows of creatures from the darkest pits of the world are forced��into the minds of the Sorcerer’s foes by Molach, the rune of horror.

This spell can be cast on an enemy unit visible to and within 24" of the caster, and which is not engaged in close combat. If successfully cast, the unit immediately takes a Panic test. Units immune to panic are immune to the effect of this spell.

4. Rune of Ash

Cast on 7+, Remains in Play

Inscribing a vague rune that is cloaked in shadow and seems to smoke gently, the Sorcerer calls upon Tashub to create a cloud of darkness that spreads out from him, cloaking the followers of the Father of Darkness in a dense smog.

If successfully cast, centre the Large Template over the caster. Units partially covered by the template incur an extra -1 To Hit penalty when shot at with ranged weapons. Units completely covered by the template cannot be hit on better than a 6.

5. Rune of Unforging

Cast on 10+

Defining a metallic rune that runs as though liquid, the Sorcerer directs the mastery of Pazazzu at those who would bear weapons against him, destroying them in a burst of power that causes their blades to rust and melt.

This spell has a range of 12"and can be cast on an enemy unit which is visible to the caster. If successfully cast no weapon bonuses or penalties are applied to the affected unit for the rest of the battle. For example, a unit wielding Great Weapons will not get their +2 Strength bonus in combat, but will now no longer have to strike last. A unit with missile weapons may not shoot for the duration of the entire battle. Affected units cannot benefit from the rules for two Handweapons or Handweapons and Shields. Warmachines and Magic Weapons cannot be affected by the Rune of Unforging.

6. Rune of Ruin

Cast on 12+, Remains in Play

Engraving a squat, blocky rune of power that crackles and glows, the Sorcerer channels the might of Baelath to break the earth’s crust, bringing forth molten rock and deadly heat as the ground rumbles violently.

Mark a point on the table within 24" as the target of this spell. Place the small (3") template there. Models completely under the template take a single S5 Flaming hit. Models partially under the template are hit on a 4+. Then place the Large (6") Template centred on the chosen point. Any troops under the template are treated as moving through difficult terrain and may not shoot missile weapons next turn. Artillery dice based ranged weapons under the template may only shoot on a 4+.

Lord Zarkov:

I would say make fist of fire lose 1 attack against models that ignore flaming attacks instead of not being affected. It is silly that a fist enveloped by flame wouldn't hurt, when a fist would...

Hashut's Blessing
If they're immune to flames then they just take hits from the sorcerer's standard attacks; and on the oldest S-Ls it's probably just the flames anyway
Ash Cloud should maybe affect I instead of Ld and if into comabt, maybe it removes 1 from the Bs/I of our troops as well. A cloud disperses a bit after all.

Hashut's Blessing
I instead of Ld is a good idea, I might change it to that; affecting our own troops though would make it fairly pointless,
Number three. Armour of Hashut, maybe a 5+ ward for caster and +1 AS (even if using AoG) to any other model?

Hashut's Blessing
I was thinking about that initially, but then it would really have to be another remains in play, which would leave half our spells as RIP
Eruption should maybe be S4 and higher casting value or should be flaming, but affects creatures that don't take flame damage (a large glob of molten rock hurts even if it wouldn't burn...)

Hashut's Blessing
So you want to make it weaker and a higher casting value or flaming? Are you prehaps thinking of the old rules for PoS? I did orignally have it as flaming (to ignore regen) but then realised it ignored regen anyway so it was not necesary.
Just my opinions. Although, this is the first list that has made me not want to say there are too many magic lores and special rules now. It has prevented me from saying that it is not characterful enough and that it is difficult to create spells well. Kudos to ye Zarkov. Kudos.

Hashut's Blessing
Opinions are good. And thanks for the compliments!:)
i expect hobgbolin shamans would use the little waaagh!...
tho i find the idea of hobgoblin shamans repellent...

metro_gnome
I would imagine beasts or possibly shadow as they have distanced themselves from otehr greenskins; I agree with the second part though. Weren't all greenskin shamans killed though due to the instigator of the final Black Orc rebellion being a shaman of some sort? Can't remember where I read that though.
bump ash cloud into the 3rd spot... 7+ in the second spot is not normal...
and like i said i think magma pool... a steed of shadows for just the sorceror... 5+

metro_gnome
Magma pool I like the idea of but, as it only affect the sorcerer, would it be balanced to make it affect him if on a mount? and would that require going up to 6+ or higher in your opinion?

metro_gnome:

well obviously you have some sort of mount plans…

no i would not allow a sell of steed of shadows nature to affect a mount…

double fly moves is a no no…

but if you feel it is too weak… make it work identically to steed of shadows… just fluffier…

Lord Zarkov:

that is why I left it out, casting it on other characters is not so characterful, just removing that would give it too low a casting cost; and using it on a mount would be too unbalanced

thinking about it though, prehaps something based of the skaven spell skitterleap would be more appropiate and would be an appropiate cost if either allowing entry to combat or for just the caster with a mount, but would be less unbalanced if so as he can’t jump into combat

Hashut’s Blessing:

5. Rune of Unforging
Cast on 10+

Defining a metallic rune that runs as though liquid, the Sorcerer directs the mastery of Pazazzu at those who would bear weapons against him, destroying them in a burst of power that causes their blades to rust and melt.
This spell has a range of 12"and can be cast on an enemy unit which is visible to the caster. If successfully cast no weapon bonuses or penalties are applied to the affected unit for the rest of the battle. For example, a unit wielding Great Weapons will not get their +2 Strength bonus in combat, but will now no longer have to strike last. A unit with missile weapons may not shoot for the duration of the entire battle. Affected units cannot benefit from the rules for two Handweapons or Handweapons and Shields. Warmachines and Magic Weapons cannot be affected by the Rune of Unforging.

Revlid
So basically, any non-magical-weapon-wielding, non-warmachine unit counts as having nothing but a hand weapon for the entire battle? This is INCREDIBLY powerful ya know... Maybe it should be the 12+ or even a 13+ spell...
Eruption should maybe be S4 and higher casting value or should be flaming, but affects creatures that don't take flame damage (a large glob of molten rock hurts even if it wouldn't burn...)

Hashut's Blessing
So you want to make it weaker and a higher casting value or flaming? Are you prehaps thinking of the old rules for PoS? I did orignally have it as flaming (to ignore regen) but then realised it ignored regen anyway so it was not necesary.

Lord Zarkov
I don't yet have the new rulebook and assumed it was the same strength. I have only glanced at the lore of shadows in the new one and don't remember the rules.

metro_gnome:

you must look into new shadow… the best of the book lores…

Hashut’s Blessing:

I will when I get the chance to. Also, I desperately need to save up and get the damned book!

Xander:

You can order a BFSP rule book for like 15 bucks from BWBits.com

:slight_smile:

Revlid:

So basically, any non-magical-weapon-wielding, non-warmachine unit counts as having nothing but a hand weapon for the entire battle? This is INCREDIBLY powerful ya know... Maybe it should be the 12+ or even a 13+ spell...

Hashut's Blessing
*cough* 6th Ed. Lore of Metal spell, replaced with Spirit of the Forge in 7th Ed.

wallacer:

I would like to see Chaos Dwarf magic involve the enslavement of Daemons of other Chaos Gods to their will. This could function in a similar way to how Daemonic summoning works in Epic, where before the game the CD player purchases a Daemon pool, then during the game the CD sorcerors can attempt to summon these enslaved Daemons to the battlefield.

itcamefromthedeep:

I would like to see Chaos Dwarf magic involve the enslavement of Daemons of other Chaos Gods to their will.��This could function in a similar way to how Daemonic summoning works in Epic, where before the game the CD player purchases a Daemon pool, then during the game the CD sorcerors can attempt to summon these enslaved Daemons to the battlefield.

wallacer
---Uggh, that honestly made me cringe. Copying units from other armies causes a number of serious problems by itself. That would involve repeating profiles for the purposes of a single spell, or worse, forcing the CD player to buy the Hordes of Chaos book for handful of entries. Secondly it is a spell that produces extra models. That has been done twice (Invocation of Nehek and Purple Fire of Tzeench I believe), and in both cases those involved models that the player already has access to and the ability to use in his list already. Third, moving the models onto the board can cause problems if it is not done very carefully. Invocation of Nehek is an immensely powerful spell because it make a flanking unit (and then possibly get them to charge that turn).

---That idea can work, but not as a spell, and not in the Chaos Dwarf list. Look at the 40k demon summoning for an example.

Revlid:

LORE OF HASHUT

When Hashut was released from his underground imprisonment, he granted the gift of Sorcery to the runesmiths and runelords that had served him most faithfully. Once all the Dwarfs in the Darklands had been brought under his rule, he called from the dark corners of the world seven powerful daemons who owed him their allegiance, and used his might to bind them into seven runes of great power.

The master copies of these runes are works of dark art, and are kept in the Temple of Hashut in Zharr Naggrund. Each priest of the Father of Darkness learns their form and meaning, and in doing so gains the power to inscribe lesser copies upon the air, the ground, or the flesh of a slave, allowing them to use the power of the six willing children of Hashut to wreak havoc among their enemies.

And so the Father of Darkness did call forth his seven children, and all came forth, from far and near. And he bade them to aid his servants in their task, and all but one did did obey.

And the Hanbeh the greatest of them did say “I care not for your servants, I will not serve them”, and for his arrogance Hashut bound him against his will, that his craftsmen might use him to bind as he had been bound.

And each was bound into a rune of power, that his favoured servants might call upon them, for each had inherited an aspect of his power.

Razheph who is the fiery rock, the burning flame

Molach who is the dark lurker, the sudden fear

Tashub who is the storm of shadow and ash, the unending darkness

Azakku who is the unflinching hatred, the eternal malice

Pazazzu who is the burning forge, maker and unmaker

Baelath who is the erupting ruin, the sundered earth

Hanbeh who is the unwilling one, the bound slave

Third Book of Hashut, Verse 3

Spell generation rules for the Lore of Hashut are as normal; a wizard may automatically substitute one of his spells for the first spell on the list (Blessing Of Hashut).

D6…SPELL…CASTING VALUE

1…Razeph, Rune of Immolation…5+

2…Azakku, Rune of Malice…7+

3…Molach, Rune of Horror…7+

4…Tashub, Rune of Ash…7+

5…Pazazzu, Rune of Unforging…10+

6…Baelath, Rune of Ruin…12+

1. Rune of Immolation

Cast on 5+

Marking a twisting rune of fire that emits a burning heat shimmer, the Sorcerer’s bids Razeph’s power to burn his enemies, magical fire playing around them, melting their skin like wax.

The Rune of Immolation is a magic missile with range of up to 24". If successfully cast, the Rune of Immolation causes D6 Strength 4 Flaming hits

2. Rune of Malice

Cast on 7+

Etching a glittering rune of hatred and vengeance, the Sorcerer empowers the faithful of Hashut with the malice of Azakku, their blades glowing darkly with the power of his magic.

This spell may be cast on one Chaos Dwarf or Bull Centaur unit in Close Combat within 18". If successfully cast, all of the models in the unit Hate everything. In addition, their attacks count as Magical and Flaming. The effects of this spell last until the end of the next Combat Phase.

3. Rune of Horror

Cast on 7+

Tracing a grimy rune that seems to writhe and contort like a living thing, as shadows of creatures from the darkest pits of the world are forced��into the minds of the Sorcerer’s foes by Molach, the rune of horror.

This spell can be cast on an enemy unit visible to and within 24" of the caster, and which is not engaged in close combat. If successfully cast, the unit immediately takes a Panic test. Units immune to panic are immune to the effect of this spell.

4. Rune of Ash

Cast on 7+, Remains in Play

Inscribing a vague rune that is cloaked in shadow and seems to smoke gently, the Sorcerer calls upon Tashub to create a cloud of darkness that spreads out from him, cloaking the followers of the Father of Darkness in a dense smog.

If successfully cast, centre the Large Template over the caster. Units partially covered by the template incur an extra -1 To Hit penalty when shot at with ranged weapons. Units completely covered by the template cannot be hit on better than a 6.

5. Rune of Unforging

Cast on 10+

6. Rune of Ruin

Cast on 12+, Remains in Play

Engraving a squat, blocky rune of power that crackles and glows, the Sorcerer channels the might of Baelath to break the earth’s crust, bringing forth molten rock and deadly heat as the ground rumbles violently.

Mark a point on the table within 24" as the target of this spell. Place the small (3") template there. Models completely under the template take a single S5 Flaming hit. Models partially under the template are hit on a 4+. Then place the Large (6") Template centred on the chosen point. Any troops under the template are treated as moving through difficult terrain and may not shoot missile weapons next turn. Artillery dice based ranged weapons under the template may only shoot on a 4+.