[Archive] Maelzch's Stuff Plog

Merchant:

cool, but the shaman he is not a GW model is he???

the idea of using squigs & hoppers as warhounds as a great way of getting them in an chaos “orc” army :slight_smile:

maelzch:

@ Merchant - The shaman is not a GW mini, it’s from Avatars of War, they do very nice character models.

Merchant:

Okay thanks mate :slight_smile:

:cheers

maelzch:

Here comes another update!

I’ve just finished painting my ‘Chaos Hounds’ for this army:

as always C+C is appreciated

Cheers,

Maelzch

Kera foehunter:

WOW!!! i like that color on the squiqs

Wow great job!!

Merchant:

me too, the skin colour is cool - it is a good contrast to the rest of the colour of you army

Cheers :cheers

maelzch:

It’s been a while, but here’s another update:

A goblin shaman, who will be used as a Level 2 Sorceror with the mark of Nurgle.

The Exalted Champion for the army, great model, the 40k orks are actually quite nice! I’m looking forward to when the new 40k Ork range is released, so I can add some more to this army.

Here’s a few sneak pics of my upcoming projects for this army:

I’m really trying to push on with this army now, as I’m going to be entering some tourneys next year with them. Starting with the doubles tournament in April, I’ll be entering with Ron Burgandy’s Daemons.

Also, if any of you watching this blog out there have any spare skulls at all, could you please send them my way, as I need loads for this army! I’m looking to do the move trays with them, so all help is appreciated!

Cheers,

Maelzch

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

Cool looking army :hat off

It seem everyone is making chaos orcs nowadays

maelzch:

who else is making chaos orcs?

Merchant:

It a great idea - to use the warboss (from 40k) combined with the plastic sprue from the warboss (from fantasy) and the colour is really great :slight_smile:

- Well I have one question about the shaman’s base, what is it made from (I can see some skelities) but what about the rest?

Cheers Merchant :cheers

maelzch:

the shaman’s base, has a rock made from cork, loads of skeleton + zombie bits and the vulture from the giant sprue.

Kera foehunter:

wow a lot of cool stuff. i like the champion with the squiq whip

wallacer:

The skin tone on the Squigs looks great.

maelzch:

By gum, it’s an update!

It’s been quite a while, and I haven’t really got that much done  :oops:, but here’s some photos of what has been finished off.

Here’s what I’ve been after tonnes of skulls for:

Thanks to Richard (another) from the Clapham Wargames and to Kera Foehunter and two_heads_talking from CDO for many skulls!

Here’s the movement tray for my Chaos Orcs Knights in action:

These fellas are my chosen, who’ve done remarkably well in games so far, but now they’re all painted up, I forsee many awkward deaths for them now!

No prizes for guessing where each of the models are from. Here’s a couple of close up shots:

That’s all for now folks, I may be even longer than normal with my next date as I’m moving in the next month, and then I may well be making my own gaming table too.  So it might be well into Feb that this gets an update, but fingers crossed!

Cheers,

Maelzch

Kera foehunter:

so did you get enough skulls Maelzch???

that is a cool idea!! What Type of skull is the orc standing on far right

the picture above this post it look like a cow skull

Border Reiver:

Love the concept and the combination of traditional orc and khornate iconography on the standard.

maelzch:

Cheers guys,

@ Kera, I think that i found enough skulls, I’ll be posting around for more if not!

The cow skull on the base is the orc banner top skull without its horns

CheTralfara:

I love what you’ve done, but I think it could use some more Khornate symbology. I have some blood letter standards that have some Khorne Runes on them if you’re intrested, I’d love to trade for 3 night goblin archers (desperately need night goblin 3 archers to complete my regiment).

I have a ton of other bitz you might like. I have a Khorne Juggernaut head too! (and I think this is the only army I’d give it up for)

btw. Don’t use orcs for marauders. Aren’t marauders on 20mm bases? Night goblin fanatics would probably look the coolest (the ball and chain would make up for the stunted size)… but for price reasons, Night goblins with different weapons would be the best (spears kinda would screw up the WYSIWYG in my opinion).

.nick

maelzch:

@ CheTralfara - I’ve sent a PM about the bits. Also the marauders are the unpainted mob of assorted goblin models that I showed earlier, these:

and marauders are on 25mm bases, :frowning: (its the DoW marauders that are on 20mm)

cheers for all the comments!

CheTralfara:

In any case, you’ve pulled it off perfect. The giant weapons provide a perfect excuse for the huge base size, and the addition of a Chaos Mutant Orc is PERFECT for the theme.

.nick