[Archive] Malalite Chaos Dwarfs: Full army picture taking for GW store event

Chico:

Hey,

I have always loved CD’s since way back when i started gaming 20 years ago and were my first army (Big Hats) and i’ve always promised myself i’d do them once again.

That time has come abet in a new form, this time as Outcast dwarfs which worship Malal.

Below is my test peice, since Malal’s icon is a Black/White Skull all my CD’s will have a Black/White Mask with off white armour and black/grey leather.

Comments welcome, and yes i know the photos are bad.

- Chico

Grimstonefire:

It is an interesting choice to do white on the mask and not do bone for the horns.

Are you treating the white armour as bone or as painted iron?

Chico:

It is an interesting choice to do white on the mask and not do bone for the horns.  

Are you treating the white armour as bone or as painted iron?

Grimstonefire
Its painted iron/steel, its hard to see on the pictures but the white is flaking in places to show the steel/iron underneath .

All helms will be black reguardless on horns just to offset the white of the mask.

Cheers
Chico

Chico:

A little update this time, pictures to follow tomorrow/tuesday.

Now the fluff behind this force is that a Deamonsmith sort out a way to combat the Curse which was slowly turning him to living stone, which led him to throw of the shackles of Hashut and embrace the Renegade Chaos God Malal, Malal promised to stop the curse because it is a side effect of Chaos and that all Chaos must be destroyed/stopped. There of course was a clause, the Deamonsmith must embrace Malal and become Malal’s Doomed one and lead his Renegades/outcasts to the northern wastes, along the way recruiting any dwarfen exile they come across from Engineers to the very easier led slayers (Just give them some beer and tell them that there’s Chaos to fight)

Kind of explains the reasons why i’ll be using such a wide range of dwarf figures from Old Marauder Slayers to 3rd Ed Chaos Dwarfs, my Hobgoblins are the old Chaos Goblin figures.

My Blunderbuss IG Units will be Swivel Guns and Petards on 40mm Bases 3 wide with the 6 crew on 20mm bases (giving 6 wide, 3 deep)

Standard IG Units are mixed beween old Dwarfs/slayers but at least 75% 3rd Ed Chaos Dwarfs.

Fluff wise i can’t see a way of keeping Bull centaurs in the force, other then mutated Dwarfs.

Any ideas please post, even if you don’t like this idea you may be able to give a few pointers.

Now just to wait for my ebay stuff to come (Rengades, Slayers, Clansman, Swivel guns,Chaos goblins)

Cheers Chico

Zanko:

I like the idea of your fluff and also the use of all the great old models! :cheers

I’m curious to see many (and better) pics of your painted miniatures and also to read more fluff! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Some questions:

- What kind of god is Malal?

- Why don’t you use the Slayer models just as “ordinary” (Norse) Berserkes? - If you do so you  

could use the old Boar Centaurs!

:hashut

Chico:

Hey,

Thanks for you input Zanko.

To answer your questions;

Malal, also now called Malice, is a renegade Chaos God and the Hierarch of Anarchy and Terror who appeared in early editions of the fictional universes of Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40,000. Also known as “The Outcast God”, “The Lost God” and “The Renegade God”, Malal was the embodiment of Chaos’ indiscriminate and anarchic tendency toward destruction, even of itself and its own agents. The nature of Malal’s/Malice’s powers is parasitic, as the Renegade God grows in power only when the other Ruinous Powers do. Malal’s sacred number is 11 and his sacred colours are black and white.

Boar Centaurs!!! Of course!! i love you for that idea… plus then i can use the Whirlwind and Tenderiser as my Iron Deamons :slight_smile:

Zanko:

Thanx for the info!

And this as an inspiration! :wink:

:hashut

Chico:

Wow i’m on a roll, 2nd dwarf done Mr Petard Crew No.2

Rather pleased with this little fella, took 20mins to do start to finish and only that long because of the washes to dry.

Pictures again arn’t great, but i’ll borrow a cam when im doing a group shot.

Oh too those thinking i should go buy a cam i say too you this;

I’ve just started a expensive Chaos Dwarf army, do ya really think my wife will let me buy one? heh

Chico:

Update:

No painting but a few of my ebay buys have turned up and i’ve been doing a few conversions on them. Also stripping a few other dwarfs so no pics yet.

First up is my Deamonsmith/Doomed One:

Haven’t a clue who sculpted it or such like but its cheap and worked quite well for this army. Its actually the 2nd one i’ve owned having sold the first heh.

First of  my 3 Swivel Guns, which will count as my BB IG.

BSB, converted skull spiked helm.

Crew and Petard, will either get 2 more petards and have a 2nd BB IG unit or as a Unit Filler.

Comments welcome.

- Chico

Skink:

Dude, I love your stuff and maybe we have got Zanko a competitor for best 3rd edition CD army (joking Zanko!:)), but I can’t see your minis through your pics!!!

Chico:

Dude, I love your stuff and maybe we have got Zanko a competitor for best 3rd edition CD army (joking Zanko!:)), but I can't see your minis through your pics!!!

Skink
Heh aye the pics arn't great, but i'll get better ones for whole unit shots, even if i have to beg/borrow/steal a cam ;)

Also if you love my stuff, feel free to helping track down/trade/sell everything i need lolas it's so hard to get these old gits in anything but 1 and 2's.

Cheers
Chico

Chico:

Swivel Guns are now done minus crew, and better yet semi ok pictures!

These along with the crew are my first unit if Blunderbuss IG, 2nd unit is made of Petards done the same way.

Skink:

Well, unfortunately I don’t own any 3rd ed CD, but many people here on the forum do. You can try Clam/Zanko/Blue in VT… Maybe they have got spares to share.

Also, if you don’t mind collecting non GW minis Sjoerdo sculpted whole units of “marauder style” CDs… Just don’t remember the name of the website. Last, Clam sculpted a standard bearer as well!

Woody:

I’ve got 36 3rd ed Chaos dwarves up on eBay at the moment in batches of 10,10,10,6 . I stuck the link up in the eBay thread in the market. Saw your post on the warhammer forum too, but came here to reply first.

Chico:

Well, unfortunately I don't own any 3rd ed CD, but many people here on the forum do. You can try Clam/Zanko/Blue in VT... Maybe they have got spares to share.

Also, if you don't mind collecting non GW minis Sjoerdo sculpted whole units of "marauder style" CDs... Just don't remember the name of the website. Last, Clam sculpted a standard bearer as well!

Skink
Trying to stay mostly GW, but the odd one or ten won't hurt heh. I'll have to hurt them out heh.
I've got 36 3rd ed Chaos dwarves up on eBay at the moment in batches of 10,10,10,6 . I stuck the link up in the eBay thread in the market. Saw your post on the warhammer forum too, but came here to reply first.

Woody
I'll keep a watch on them, but being international and listed in $ isn't ideal for me. Keeping costs down as much as i can, easier said then done though.

Cheers
Chico

Chico:

Crew done and looking quite good, crew includes a exiled Engineer to add a little more flavour.

And below is my 2nd atempt Hobgoblin conversion/test peice:

Standard BfSP Goblin, cut in half and made taller with green stuff and made a belly, as i wanted my Hobbo’s to look well fed and top of the greenskin food chain.

I have 20 of these converted with another 20 to have to do, which i may or may not do for awhile as i feel the IG wanting to get painted.

Then of course my lava trolls to do, started converting one but im not too happy with him.

On a plus note i have at least 500 points made now :slight_smile:

- Chico

Skink:

From what I can see your Hobbo looks nice. But, if you don’t mind me to be annoying, I would love to take a better gander at it!

Chico:

Hopefully this is a better pic

Cheers.

Skink:

…Hoping to be of some help:

Do you know there’s a button on cameras the shape of a flower? That’s the Macro function which allows you to fotograph small objects such as miniatures in full detail.

Also, try to make photos during the day next to a strong source of light such as a window! We would like to see pics of what could possibly be an amazing army…

Chico:

Heh if i had a camera with a macro setting i’d use it mate, but instead all i have is a simple point and click USB camera.

And the chances that my wife will let me buy a camera is 0 to none. Well not with what i’ve spent on toys in the last few months… Chaos Dwarfs, new 40k Rules, Forge World Red Scorpions to name a few.

Cheers

Chico