[Archive] Mantic dwarfs

warh:

http://www.manticblog.com/

don’t the beard look a bit familiar

Time of Madness:

Beards do look familiar.

I’m not a big fan of this particular model, maybe it’s just the paint job.

Time of Madness

clam:

I’ve never seen a dwarf with a curly beard before :wink:

Not that fond of this 3-up (which seems too skinny/too tall) - but if they come close to the concepts shown:

I think we’ll see many chaos dwarfs armies based on these Mantic’s.

EDIT:

Wonder what happend? as they seems to know how a proper dwarf should look like:

Ogrob:

I think, in all, the paintjob, the beard and the shield make it look a bit too much like lego.

With those done differently, it could be a very nice model. Tbh, I quite like the fact that he has legs with knees, and the armor looks good. I’ll probably end up buying some to make into Chaos Dwarves…

Sjoerdo:

warh:

that look much better:D

clam:

I actually prefered this one :~

And after dwarfs …? … Orcs, I guess. This was showned at Salute 2010:

starscream:

Hurrah! Hobbycraft in Gateshead are stocking these. I nearly bought the elven army deal last year. I might pick up a smaller box to take a better look.

Thorne:

Oh I dont know those armour clad ones would make cool Iron breaker and Immortal types with very minimum work. I have to say im more looking forward to the missile types myself.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I think the head and beard look a little too “Square” for my tastes. I think the beard needs to come down more to the belt and not look so much like a machine made it. I like the armor however.

Thorne:

Yes the armour does remind me of Juggernaugth (im not sure on the spelling) from the X men comicbooks.

clam:

Antoher painted 3up. This time it’s a thunderer.

I’m still not that excited about them. Something about the dwarf proportions that dosn’t seems right (to me that is).

Thorne:

Damn Clam noo LOOK he has knees !

cornixt:

The legs are a bit small compared to the top half of the body. looks good though.

wallacer:

They’re a cheap alternative to GW.

I understand they try to make their figures fairly generic.

Good luck to them. Nice to have alternatives.

Thorne:

I think the dwarven missile unit would make relatively nice blunderbuss models. With minimal greenstuff work would make nice mask models too. Cant see too big a fault with them as they seam how I would now expect a dwarven model to look. Almost perry like in there proportions.

Ogrob:

I think there’s some potential here. Might pick some up if money allows…

warh:

Zanko:

Nice looking models but nothing stunning!

They are much too awkward and crude for my liking!

But nonetheless much better than the new GW plastics - but still plastics! :~

:hashut

chrixter:

The Mantic dwarfs are althiough far from perfect quite promising - cheap and will not require extensive conversion to get decent. Way better starting point than Skull Pass.