[Archive] Mantic Games doing "Warhammer" Models

Thorne:

Eternal Guard blocks, here I come!!

Scion
For sure. I have been putting off the idea of buying over-priced games workshop models for a long time to finnish off my woodelf army. These would fit the bill for Eternal guard and not only that look comparable with the really old style woodelves I have. Maybe add a cloak or 20 but for the price id be willing to convert and add another 20 miliput and masking tape cloak's to them and hope they come out alright. And the fact that they could painted up right look very dark and evil maybe even lending them to fit in with GW's new dark elf range. They do look quite versitile

Thorne:

there has been a update on these bad boys and there looking very prommising I must admit I do want some when there released

Astranagant:

Mantic Games launched their website today and is accepting pre-orders to go out September 28th.

The elf product line doesn’t look bad, IMHO, however, the priced point is not so much better than GW in USD (maybe it’s better in pounds).

Still, I might buy the Archer Detachment for use in Battle for the Masses, and paint them up as Drow.

Grimstonefire:

The legs don’t seem to be bent naturally, they are standing with them too far apart to be natural I think.

I am impressed though by how thin they have been able to plastic cast, so if they can make future models a little more natural it definately shows potential as a company.

Any company that starts off their plastic range in GW pricing is foolish imo.  They should be a fair bit cheaper to tempt people away.  Hopefully as they recover their investment costs a little it will go down.

EDIT:

20 for £12.50!  That is more like it.  A very good start.

Check out the bolt thrower and scouts as well.

Loki:

I received 2 scouts from maelstrom games last week have to say they are good models i was looking at doing an army but then i saw the new space wolves and think my funds will go on them, but still in the future i will do an army of these guys as they are very cool and well made

clam:

Mantic games will reveal their next race at the ‘Eye of the storm’ (Maelstrom Games’ gaming hall) on the 7th of November.

Anyone from here - that will be there?

So what will it be? Any thoughts or maybe a rumour to share? My nose smell ‘humans’

snowblizz:

Mantic games will reveal their next race at the 'Eye of the storm' (Maelstrom Games' gaming hall) on the 7th  of November.

Anyone from here - that will be there?

So what will it be? Any thoughts or maybe a rumour to share? My nose smell 'humans'

clam
It was my understanding that Undead are confirmed as the next release. Apparently there are undead parts on the elf sprue? So each sprue will hint on what comes next. Or something like that.

nitroglysarine:

nice models, really looking forward to the dwarves. :smiley:

Thorne:

To be honnest I am really looking forward to their undead range. The elves sit nice as Drow dark elves (spearmen and bolt thrower) or wood elves. If they do such a great job with presure fit 10 minuite assembly jobs for a entire regiment as they have with the elves then the future looks bright for Mantic games

wallacer:

The big money would be in Chaos Dwarf models :idea

black hammer:

The design of the models isn’t so great, but it’s really nice to see companies coming out with cheaper plastic models! I hope they come out with something other than elves and undead though (elves and undead are my least favorite armies).

Kera foehunter:

those are some cool figures!! i like to get some of them

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

From Essen 2009 - taken from corvus, thx guys

and a Podcast

http://podcast.socalwarhammer.net/2009/11/01/episode-10-with-special-interview-with-ronnie-renton-of-mantic-entertainment-and-neoncon-information.aspx

AGPO:

Cool, those should fit in perfectly with the old gw range. Any idea how many you get in box and for waht price? This might make that undead horde finally affordable

clam:

Thx, Boomstick!

Quite interesting podcast with Ronnie Renton :wink: - so undead is next (January) - and after that dwarfs - that could be prettý interesting with some alternative plastic dwarfs :smiley:

AGPO:

It depends on the angle they take with the dwarfs. If they’re the wrong build or scale they wouldn’t really work for me. On the other hand if they fit in nicely then I’m all for a cheap base for chaos dwarfs

Hashut’s Blessing:

If they’re more to the American styling of Dwarfs, they won’t be to my taste. English dwarfs seem to be akin to the GW range in terms of breadth of shoulder, height, stockiness, etc. American ones have a tendancy to be taller and thinner, more like Christmas elves or tall gnomes (IMO).

AGPO:

Any more news on those Undead?

Warhammerman:

They look good, but it’d be cool to see an american company that sells cheaper plastics than GW.

clam:

Not much, but a few concepts has been showned at MaticGames.com

And about inspiration to do this, Ronnie says

We had two inspirations at the beginning of the project. The first was the skeleton warriors created for the Jason and the Argonauts movie. They had such menace and evil nature that even after all these years they acted as a embarkation point for the project.

The other starting point was understanding the story behind these troops. We thought that the models represent the remains of an army, these were soldiers that died on the battlefield and have been raised by an evil necromancer to fight again. They still bear what�?Ts left of their former armour and weapons, yet now they fight against their will and for a cause that isn�?Tt their own.

Ronnie Renton, Matic Games
Could be some ratter interesting miniatures for the Undead.

And then, of course, the Elf King’s Court & Dragon’s Breath Flame Thrower are now available.

EDIT 11-27-2009

Found in Maelstrom Games pre-orders:

30th January 2010

undead omens of death detachment £18

undead skeleton command £8

undead skeleton troop £8

undead skeleton regiment £12.5

undead balefire catapult £8

undead balefire battery £12.5

1st March 2010

undead soultaker detachment £18

undead warhost £30