[Archive] Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV(1)

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Sure you can. My entry has not yet even made the jump into the third dimension! :slight_smile:

Blue in VT:

:hat off

Inspiration has finally struck!Ā Ā Iā€™ve been quite stumped on what to do for this contestā€¦but last night in the wee hours (after I photographed my BS 5 entry)ā€¦when I should have been sawing logsā€¦:Pā€¦I was rummaging through my collection of odds and endsā€¦and finally got a good ideaā€¦and off I wentā€¦choppingā€¦clipping and filingā€¦now I know why people prefer plastic for conversionsā€¦cutting large chunks of white metal is a bitch!

This figure will see me really pushing my GS ā€œskillsā€ so I hope I donā€™t embarrass myselfā€¦:~

Cheers,

Blue

Hashutā€™s Blessing:

Well, Iā€™m getting on with mine also. Hatted and beweaponed 10 of my easy-convert guys, just got my 10 not-so-easy-convert guys. Just gotta remove bits, add beards, edit weapons, add bits and then I et to spray and paint everything!

vulcanologist:

Hooray! Entry finished, photographed and sent in! With time to spare too!

Bolg:

Iā€™ve started on my entry. And iā€™m actually sculpting (trying to) greenstuff.

Having oodles of fun (:

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Jeezā€¦ Iā€™m not sure I will be able to enter something this timeā€¦ Iā€™m currently increasing the numbers of my Grey Knights force and finding the right tone and style for a truly impressive chaos dwarf warrior is getting ever more difficult. :frowning:

snowblizz:

Wow, and I thought I was the last one to startā€¦

ā€¦at least my efforts and creating a figure (why did I pick this time to give it a first go?) is done and itā€™s now undercoated. How Iā€™m going to get paint to some places is still a mystery though.

And hopefully I wonā€™t need a paint that has dried up on meā€¦

nitroglysarine:

Not started yet either, but I at least have a bit of an idea!

Borador:

RTMaitreya:

I am actually going to try my butt off to enter this. I had an idea bopping around for my official start to my ā€œlookā€ for my army. . . oh for about 6 months now.

I have started the conversion already, and it was EASY! What the hell have I been waiting for? All this hand wringing and I could have a unit done by now, instead of working on the first trooper.

RTM

Bolg:

damn, that green stuff takes hours to dry. I really like working with it but it takes foreverā€¦

Borador:

@Bolg: had that aswell, but I am using procreate now! ProCreate dries very fast!

(google procreate epoxy putty, note: you dont want their Stickputty, that stuff dries in a matter of seconds, itā€™s not workable at all, only nice for like armatures and such!)

Shinobi:

Due to real lifeā€¦ I have only just assembled my selected model, painting will begin tonight, hopefully will be finished by the weekend so that I have time to take sum piccys and submitā€¦ mustā€¦ buyā€¦ moreā€¦ coffeeā€¦ :wink:

Mahtipakarat:

WOAAH!

I almost missed this one! like I did the last one, and the one before that. Now Itā€™s such a simple task of painting one model. Even I think I can manage it. Must get startedā€¦

Bolg:

@Bolg: had that aswell, but I am using procreate now! ProCreate dries very fast!
(google procreate epoxy putty, note: you dont want their Stickputty, that stuff dries in a matter of seconds, it's not workable at all, only nice for like armatures and such!)

Borador
Thanx. I'll check it out. but I just got my hands on some more green stuff so I'll finish that first.

Blue in VT:

:hat off

I ignored the wife and kids last night and focused on my figureā€¦and got the assembly finishedā€¦the GS work is not perfect but pretty good for a newbie like me. Now I just have to paint it up!

Cheers,

Blue

Thorne:

Lucky for me I havenā€™t painted a darn thing for an age of my chaos dwarves as Iā€™m more focused on my squat force now that said I do have near 4 regiments to paint of CDs so Iā€™ll likely submit one of them and hope :stuck_out_tongue:

Borador:

You know what I think we should do? We should make an anonymous poll so you can vote ā€œIā€™m in!ā€ when you have entered, that way itā€™s more clear how much entries there are/how much slaves you will get!

tjub:

Hopefully Ill get mine painted tomorrow, it has been finished for a whileā€¦

G.2:

I couldnā€™t even fathom starting to sculpt something, as I am complete noob at sculpting. So I just started painted one of my favourite Chaos Dwarf minis. The first attempt was a complete waste of 5 hours. The colour scheme was all wrong, and everytime I tried to fix it (usually by adding another colour), it started to look like a real freak-show. So I took a day off work today, and I painted another mini, but in a completely different colour scheme, and now I am just waiting for the paint to dry on the base, and I will take some photos, hopefully in next 2-3 hours, and I should be done.

Good luck to everyone else who is still going, especially to the sculptors.