[Archive] monstrous Arcanum up for pre-order

Vogon:

I’ll be pre-ordering mine for pick up on Sunday

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/MONSTROUS_ARCANUM.html

From the news letter :slight_smile:

This is the eagerly-anticipated first book in a new series from Warhammer Forge, and as its name suggests Monstrous Arcanum deals with a veritable carnival of monsters both arcane and bloodthirsty.
Within this 113 page, full-colour hardback book, you will find 32 new monsters �?" nightmarish horrors and noble beasts, creatures of magic made flesh and the victims of terrible curses inflicted by dark powers �?" presented in the form of Binding Scrolls for use with any Warhammer army.

These are not limited to just Storm of Magic games, however, as the book contains nine scenarios and special rules to allow these deadly creatures to be fielded in regular Warhammer battles, and a helpful appendix chart to allow you to theme your monsters to your army.

Lavishly illustrated throughout with some of the finest artwork yet produced by Rhys Pugh and Sam Lamont and presented in gold-inlaid leather effect binding, Monstrous Arcanum takes the form of a detailed bestiary of these infernal and terrible creatures, and also contains new magic items and artefacts alongside a short narrative campaign. Our Visual Feed channel on youtube also has an interview about Monstrous Arcanum with Alan Bligh.

Hot off the press, this fantastic book will be on sale in limited numbers at the Forge World Open Day on Sunday 1st April, and is also available to pre-order now for despatch from the 10th April

Cheers

Vogon

Thommy H:

Expensive month is expensive.

MLP:

Ordered. Thanks for the heads up! Made my day!

Hashut’s Blessing:

I wants that dragon on de frontings!

I expected it to have more than 32 models in it, to be honest, but it has also got scenarios, which is cool.

Zanko:

Looks very interesting - if it is as good as the Tamurkhan book it will be mine! :cheers

:hashut

Obsidian Muse:

They also have a YouTube video about the new book, with Alan Bligh. While I do have some unanswered questions, it’s still very informative. Furthermore, it’s good to see a GW-employee giving his honest opinion about a GW-product rather than the sales pitches we get on gamesworkshop.com and White Dwarf.

frogbear:

Not to be a downer here, but if you want epic games with epic monsters on a 6x4 table that does not look ridiculous, you could always play Warmaster.

It is also a lot cheaper overall. :hat off

It is a nice looking book however…

Coopervisor:

I don’t think they can be pre ordered to be collected Sunday as I rang them and asked about the Minotaur stuff (which is released the day after) and was told I couldn’t reserve it as they’d have a limited stock and was limited to 1 per customer.

I’m already buying the event only figures and the Minotaur characters, so if I can spare the change, i’ll pick the book up as well.

Vogon:

I just had the same conversation though if they sell out on the day you can pre-order it with free shipping while there.

Cheers

Vogon

Skink:

Watching the video if you stop at 2:06 you can see a summary of the creatures featured in the book and you can read “K’daai Destroyer, K’daai Fireborn, Bale Taurus and Bull Centaur renders”. I’m curious to see what the Phoenix, the Dread maw and the Dread Saurian are gonna be…

Bitterman:

Dread Saurian is a giant (Lizardman-themed) dinosaur. Phoenix is exactly what it sounds like, a firebird, the artwork was shown off at one of the previous events and there’s a photo of it kicking around somewhere.

Not so sure about the Dreadmaw… sounds Ogreish?

Skink:

…Hehe… I know what a Phoenix is mate:). I meant rulewise. I’m actually disappointed by the fact that most of the monsters are already present in Tamurkhan (or already released). I mean, I was expecting heaps of monsters (at least 2 or 3 for every race) and rules for the Coatl, Thunder Lizards or some sort of never-before-seen beast from Cathay - Hind - Nippon etc.

Vogon:

I’ll be honest from the video I was more interested in the fact the next book will be a campaign book similar in format to Tamurkhan and it’s already under way.

I wonder what aspect of the warhammer world they’ll pick this time.

Cheers

Vogon

Bitterman:

Third Battle for Blackfire Pass, so I hear (no, not the one with Sigmar). Empire, Orcs and Dwarfs.

Obsidian Muse:

Third Battle for Blackfire Pass, so I hear (no, not the one with Sigmar). Empire, Orcs and Dwarfs.

Bitterman
Possible, but I find it unlikely. The current White Dwarf (N 388) namely has a splash page about a fight between Empire and Orcs & Goblins, with the name 'The Third Battle of Black Fire Pass'. Granted, the White Dwarf team might have stolen the idea from ForgeWorld or simply did not get the memo on what ForgeWorld is working on.

Bitterman:

Well nothing in this world is certain, but let’s just say I have a very strong hunch.

Thommy H:

I was about to buy this, but you have to register with the FW website to make a purchase, and they have a really specific set of criteria for their passwords - one uppercase, one lowercase, one numeral, one letter, no character repeated more than three times, nothing to do with Warhammer or 40K…

Sorry, sale lost. Don’t make it hard for me to give you money. This is RULE ONE.

Obsidian Muse:

Well nothing in this world is certain, but let's just say I have a very strong hunch.

Bitterman
I've seen some pictures of ForgeWorld Open Day, and it appears you are right.

Bitterman:

I was about to buy this, but you have to register with the FW website to make a purchase, and they have a really specific set of criteria for their passwords - one uppercase, one lowercase, one numeral, one letter, no character repeated more than three times, nothing to do with Warhammer or 40K...

Sorry, sale lost. Don't make it hard for me to give you money. This is RULE ONE.

Thommy H
Apparently it's going to be available for purchase in GW stores, if there's one near you; so presumably on the GW website as well?

I didn't have any trouble choosing a password for FW but in general I agree with you... every site seems to have a different (arbitrary) set of rules that you must obey, which essentially means that nearly every site in the world requires you have a different password (...which is something the security "experts" recommend anyway). Oh - but whatever you do - don't write any of your passwords down!!!

Yeah right. As if the human memory is even capable of dealing with that.

Sorry... pet peeve of mine.

Grimstonefire:

For those that have the book, what is the creature on the front cover?  Presumably a dragon?

I really like the look of that, if it looks half as good as the art I’ll buy it.  Looks amazingly similar to Deathwing from WoW and I was using that as the basis for my destroyer originally.