[Archive] My changes to LoA

ChungEssence:

"I have that same guy at my store"

Funny that…

While I will admit the magma cannon is undercosted, I don’t think it fair to compare it to the dwarf flame cannon because frankly no one, anywhere, ever, would consider running a flame cannon. "

Didn’t YOU yourself run a flame cannon. I think so.

Ho ho ho, you should be able to figure out who i am by now.

Re: the Flame Cannon… one is too weak, other is too strong. Could they not just find a middle ground. Keen to play your LOA army when I get the chance.

I need to get this Tamurkan book. Keen to play test this Destroyer and see how he copes with the other Warhammer fatties.

RTMaitreya:

I’m a regular Dwarf player, and I am quite familiar with what the FAQ did to our lovely flame cannon (which I own two of). The sacked flame cannon with zero range is now total garbage, and I can’t imagine anyone ever taking one any more.

The magma cannon is ridiculously awesome with 24" range, it’s awesome even if you have to place the entire template within the 24".

The middle ground exists. It’s called the regular Dwarf flame cannon with rules as written, rather than rules as revised. You get 12" of guess, then artillery for the flame bounce. Totally reasonable weapon, quite fearsome, but not game breaking by any stretch.

Time of Madness:

I need to get this Tamurkan book. Keen to play test this Destroyer and see how he copes with the other Warhammer fatties.

ChungEssence
Don't run him up against a necrosphinx or a stonehorn. Otherwise you should be ok up against almost everything else.
Time of Madness

KingFisher:

ChungEssence
Don't run him up against a necrosphinx or a stonehorn. Otherwise you should be ok up against almost everything else.
Time of Madness

Time of Madness
or against any character with a 2+ vs flaming attacks heh, especially if that character is a MI or chariot mounted.

ChungEssence:

“The middle ground exists. It’s called the regular Dwarf flame cannon with rules as written, rather than rules as revised. You get 12” of guess, then artillery for the flame bounce. Totally reasonable weapon, quite fearsome, but not game breaking by any stretch. "

I’m also a dwarf player. Like you i have no idea why they killed the flame cannon. Like you I also own 2… :frowning:

Brilliant model.

“or against any character with a 2+ vs flaming attacks heh”

Well, that would me ‘my’ Astragoth then (Dwarf lord, with a High Priest worthy immune to fire)

“Don’t run him up against a necrosphinx or a stonehorn”

Necrosphinx i can see (6’s to wound) although the ward save (actual ward, or regen?) would neuter the HKB a bit.

What would the Destroyer have to fear from the stonehorn though?? (excluding the charge). Does the Kdai destroyer do multiple wounds? (halved vs Stonehorn)

cheers for the info my good people. Can’t wait to see (hopefully) the Forgeworld model when it comes

Ironclad:

Believe you me, as a TK player I’m telling you that you shouldn’t be scared of the HKB. :wink: It happens once very blue moon.

Ironclad

klemanius:

Sorry bout that Chung, yeah I know who you are.

Bringing up the pendent of kaleth/dual hydra/dager/etc shuts Cal up right quick.

ChungEssence:

Got the book yesterday… looks immense.

I’m gonna have to do up a list … (just so i can use my cent’s and blunders)

too huge!

I’m craving another GW game, will possibly rock up this Friday with a LOA list.

Have you played Cal with your CD’s yet? Result?

I’m thinking of trying to make my own Destroyer with a Bone Giant head… hmmm.

"Believe you me, as a TK player I’m telling you that you shouldn’t be scared of the HKB."

I am still scared lol. I’ve lost enough beasts to it to be wary. (thinks of Skulltaker with his 5+ and shudders)

I think the Sphinx is one of the best figs GW has done.