[Archive] My Chaos Dwarf Retinue

dncswlf:

Ah ha, It has taken me a while to get this together, and I still have to upload the most recent pics, but here is a start.  I bought an entire 3rd edition collection about 10 years ago, and have just gotten around to painting them up!  I’m now on to making conversions of the Battle for Skull Pass figs and some other recent edition dwarf pieces.

My army as it stands now: 1 unit 20 warriors with shields, 1 unit 15 warriors with 2 handed weapons, 1 unit 10 crossbowmen, 2 tenderizers, 1 whirlwind, 3 bazukas, 2 swivel guns, 1 mortar, 1 juggernaut (mostly custom as pieces were missing), Fire Giant Lord, General on Warboar, Sorcerer, 6 Ogres.

I’m working on conversions for 1 more unit of warriors, 1 unit of blunderbuss armed warriors, a death rocket and an Earth Shaker Cannon.

Here is a link to where I have the figures posted

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46527158@N08/?saved=1

Zanko:

Awesome collection of old 3rd edition Chaos Dwarfs! :hat off

They look great so far but could you post some keener pics?!?! The details are hardly to see!

I’m also eager to see the other part of your army! :cheers

One question: Are you younger or older than 30 years! I ask cause we had a small debate about this topic at another threat! :wink:

:hashut

Pyro Stick:

Nice collection of 3rd edition models. Im looking forward to seeing the rest of your models and your juggernaut conversion. Do you have a complete collection of the MM90 chaos dwarfs?

dncswlf:

Ha, Yeah I’m 30+ I am sorta anti-big-hat… My brother has an army of big hatties… My Chaos dwarves vs His was the first blood my army saw, good times! I do not have all of the mm90s I’d like to get the sorcerer dude with the staff and feathery crest, but I’m not into buying just now! I have been collecting since the late 80’s and have accumulated more lead/pewter than I can possibly paint, but I’m working on it… I also have an almost complete set of Marauder/Citadel Ogres… don’t really like the new plastics… I have: Undead army, Beastman, Orcs/Goblins, Empire/Brettonia, Chaos Warriors, Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, and regular Dwarfs… I have mostly regular Dwarfs… several armies worth. As to the clarity of the pics, I had just bought a new camera, and was trying to figure out the macro on it… I have some better ones, but I have to put them on my comp. I can post a WIP pic of my juggernaut, it came out better than I thought it would. I’ve never really played with green stuff, so this was my first endeavor with it… aside from a few Star Wars figs I modified… My next project is a Death Rocket using the new plastic Organ gun/cannon kit, then the BFSP dwarves.

Here is a WIP juggernaut pic

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46527158@N08/4265843297/

Pyro Stick:

Here is a WIP juggernaut pic

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46527158@N08/4265843297/

dncswlf
lol it looks like the only bits you got for your jugger are the last bits i need to complete mine (8 turret sides). It looks good though. The top tower looks a bit too big but at least you will be able to get almost a whole unit of blunderbuss on there. Try out the rules i made for the juggernaut if you want and let me know your feedback.

dncswlf:

Yep, I got the 8 sides, 1 floor pice, and 4 of the upright posts. I have the rules you compiled as printed in Word of Hashut No. 2… (?) the only thing is you left off anything about the cannons…

I intentionally made the top bigger to hold more troops, I figured it was mostly daemon driven with the centaur just providing guidance/direction :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I also sculpted a large bulls head dripping lava from it’s mouth for the front, so I was going to add some rules for that as well…

It holds 15 models in all!

Pyro Stick:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/wiki/index.php?title=Pyro_Stick’s_Fan_Rules#Revised_Juggernaut_Rules

"Attacking With the Juggernaut

The Juggernaut is armed with two Cannons and follows the rules for Cannons with the following exceptions: It can fire twice, has a Strength of 8 and has a of Range 36" "

dncswlf:

Ah! Awesome! though mine only has 1 cannon, so can only fire once! and I was thinking the lava would drop a 3" template of flaming goo onto the heads of charged troops… or damage Castle crenellations in some way if used as a siege engine.

Pyro Stick:

Ah!  Awesome!  though mine only has 1 cannon, so can only fire once!  and I was thinking the lava would drop a 3" template of flaming goo onto the heads of charged troops... or damage Castle crenellations in some way if used as a siege engine.

dncswlf
I think the rules you had were the original rules i wrote up so thanks for pointing out that i forgot to add rules for the cannons. I think i just expected people to use the rules for the swivel guns that i wrote up as well. If you are going to try out the rules then use the Revised Juggernaut Rules (the link to all the rules ive written up is in my sig)

Willmark:

Old school 3rd edition will always get a thumbs up in my book.

clam:

Welcome to the site, dncswlf.

Impressive collection you got there - and it looks nice, but like Zanko said let see some close up’s :wink:

And yes, Zanko - I’m good at statistics - and look, here we have just another member proving my point: Yougsters do bighats, Old men do real Chaos Dwarfs :stuck_out_tongue:

dncswlf:

Old man eh… lol Yeah, I think I have the hang of the camera now and hopefully will post some better pics tonight or tomorrow!

dncswlf:

Ok, I took some more photos, but the camera I now have is not very good at macro shots, so this is as good as I can get it for now! I had a great camera but I think one of my kids may have dropped it and now the LCD screen is broken… so I can’t see what I’m taking anymore! Anyway being an avid Star Wars fan I fell in love with the Dwarf Vay’Durr piece as see in WOH issue 6 (Is that yours Wilmark?) and my lovely wife got it for me for Christmas… I added a few whisps of fire from his hands as I thought it looked too bland with him just gesturing…

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46527158@N08/4269133506/in/photostream/

and here is my completed juggernaut/Kolassas Tower:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46527158@N08/4269152714/in/photostream/

Zanko:

I like the Vay’Durr model also and bought this mini for me before christmas but I haven’t the time to paint it yet … :frowning:

Yours is looking great, so far I can evaluate it! :cheers

The juggernaut is amazing! :hat off The idea with the head of the bull is ace! :hat off

Imo is only the 3rd platform a bit too large but that’s only my minor view! :wink:

I’m keen to see more pics! :smiley:

:hashut

dncswlf:

Yeah, I’m going to borrow a better camera is my plan… I’ll try to get some “whole army” pics tonight… I made the third platform larger to hold more troops, I have a castle that I wanted to siege and it works out exactly as to the heights and all, so I figured as a seige engine, more troops would want to be able to offload onto the castle walls… after the bull’s head pours lava all over it first!

Borador:

Welcome to the site, dncswlf.

Impressive collection you got there - and it looks nice, but like Zanko said let see some close up's ;)

And yes, Zanko - I'm good at statistics - and look, here we have just another member proving my point: Yougsters do bighats, Old men do real Chaos Dwarfs :P

clam
ARGH! You are making me post a reply saying just about the same thing AGAIN!
I am a youngster and I am starting a 3rd ed collection. So clam: let's just say people with good taste have a 3rd ed collection aswell? :3 ( I could live with that xDD ) I'll show you... my petard soon :3

@dncswlf

Really cool collection, that juggernaut looks awesome!
thumbs up! :cheers

Pyro Stick:

ARGH! You are making me post a reply saying just about the same thing AGAIN!
I am a youngster and I am starting a 3rd ed collection. So clam: let's just say people with good taste have a 3rd ed collection aswell? :3 ( I could live with that xDD ) I'll show you... my petard soon :3

Borador
I was going to post the same thing lol. Although you cant deny that the majority of people with 3rd edition chaos dwarf collections are older guys.

Balseraph:

Awesome collection :hat off

dncswlf:

I have posted a new full army pic to the flikr site… I need to figure out how to post them directly here!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46527158@N08/

dncswlf:

Here is a better link that goes only to my Chaos Dwarves… had to rearrange flikr…

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46527158@N08/sets/72157623203833540/