[Archive] My Chaos Dwarf Retinue

Bolg:

Ha welcome, we need another 30+ er with 3rd edition models (:

Love the colosus.

dncswlf:

Thanks, Yeah, this sums up my Marauder/Citadel originals… this forum has inspired me to try some serious conversions (which I’ve never really done) I am currently working on converting a Dwarf Organ gun plastic into a Death Rocket, and modifying the crewmembers… Pretty psyched about the prospect, but I only have “white-blue” putty… and it is old, and very difficult to work with, I am going to try to get some green stuff, it seems like it works much better!

Zanko:

I just saw the banner at your Kollossus - it’s a great one!

What about to add some shields at the turret -at the place which were designed for?!?!

Just look here what I mean:  Zagor’s Juggernaut

:hashut

dncswlf:

Yeah, I went back and forth on doing that, I kind of liked the little screaming writhing demon bodies feel it gives without the shields… and thought “someone went through all the trouble in sculpting the little hands/feet and faces on them, why cover them up!” so I didn’t… I’m still thinking about it though. The Banner I got out of Word Of Hashut No 7. it is a preprinted… very nice though!

dncswlf:

Wow, did you have actual boar centaur bodies for your boar centaur unit or did you green stuff them? either way awesome stuff! I love the lord on the balrog… perfect! I really need to get a better camera!

Zanko:

The bodies of my Boarcentaurs are original ones! I’m not able to make such good work with Greenstuff! :wink:

Thanx for your kind comment - I made and painted them 1996 (if I remember correctly)!

The mini on the Balrog/Taurus is from Ghost-Miniatures! They make great Dwarven-Boarrider! This mini is one of my personel favourites (under the Top Ten)! :cheers

dncswlf:

Ah, the dwarf boar riders from Ghost, yes, I have the ones with the blunderbusses I should think about making them into CD… I haven’t painted them yet! (I did paint their giant dwarf tank thing… that is a cool piece!) I meant the mini as a whole… using the balrog as a beast… great idea! Very nice work, makes me wish I had stuck closer to painting and modeling. oh well, there’s always the future! off to paint now… my organ gun convert is almost done… I’ll try to get better pics once I’m done (I posted a WIP in another thread).

dncswlf:

Hey all, I borrowed a camera with a better macro function and took a few pics of individual troops. (however I think I’ve reached my maximum upload capacity for flikr… so I’ll have to figure out where to put the rest ha!)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46527158@N08/sets/72157623093693381/

Bassman:

Hey! I’m a 33 and love big hats, so what? :wink:

However, great Juggernaut. It’s way too cool and great fire giant! I like it. :slight_smile:

Balseraph:

How dare you have so many incredible miniatures? !! …

Once again… Awesome collection… :slight_smile:

:hat off

Vash:

you don’t need to be 30+ to have 3rd edition (or older ;)) models… i use a whole army of 3rd and 2nd edition slann’s in tournements and i’m “only” 25 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

anyway, very nice army. for some reason the old chaos dwarfs also look very cool… but they are even harder to come by (or just to expensive) to buy on the internet.

love the juggernout… especialy the large bull head at the front.

and offcourse, the fire giant lord…:o that is one cool giant

dncswlf:

Thanks, yeah I’ve been digging through my collection, especially after seeing Zanko’s collection on photobucket… too many figs to paint… not enough time ha! Thank you all for the kind complements!

(I was fortunate in finding a guy who had a huge collection of old citadel minis and I ended up buying them all! They included the Chaos dwarfs… they’ve sat in boxes for about 10 years… I’m psyched to be painting them again!)

Zanko:

Ahhh now I can see your minis nuch better! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Awesome! Especially your Giant and the Juggernaut(the Ork one) are so cool, loke also the paintjob! :hat off

The Nick Lúnd Dwarfs are also great … at first glance I would say we use a quite similar paint scheme! :smiley:

I think I should post some pics of my “ordinary” Dwarfs in the next time! :wink:

dncswlf:

Thanks! Yeah the Grenadier Orc Juggernaut was not painted by me, but is such a cool fig I couldn’t resist putting it out there! One of my next projects is going to be photographing all my ordinary dwarfs… I have several armies worth, each with separate paint schemes, a whole empire muahahaahh…

anyway, I went to one of my local games stores to get real green stuff to use instead of the white-blue putty I’ve been using and instead ended up coming home with an Avatar of War Dwarf Lord of Chaos!!! Just as I was about to start converting some blunderbusses too… oh well… this is a really cool fig and deserves paint ASAP! I will finish up the crew of my death rocket first though… and post some pics soon!

dncswlf:

you don't need to be 30+ to have 3rd edition (or older ;)) models... i use a whole army of 3rd and 2nd edition slann's in tournements and i'm "only" 25 ;P

Vash
Vash, do you have pics of your slann anywhere... I have heard about them, but have never seen an army and would love to! the were the original lizardmen correct?

Zanko:

Here is the link to Vash’s amazing Slann army: Vash’s Slann

… and these are mine: Zanko’s stuff

dncswlf:

Here is the link to Vash's amazing Slann army: Vash's Slann

... and these are mine: Zanko's stuff

Zanko
Wow! Zanko.. do you have very mini released in the 80's what an impressive collection! Really amazing stuff.. the Dark Elf army is really great!

Vash: that stegadon creation ROCKS!!

Kudos to you both

(Man I have a lot of figures.. but I don't think I compare Ha... not many of mine are painted at all... solemn vow to self: KEEP PAINTING!

You guys are an inspiration!

Borador:

hehe, a thread full of classic lovers :3 really like what you did to that death rocket dncswlf!

Keep it up! :cheers

Willmark:

Willmark approves!

Vash:

haha… i know how it feels to have a lot of figures unpainted… my old slann were painted specialy for GW’s Dutch Grand Tournement and is my only finished army (painted and based) most other armies are either partly painted or not painted at all.

i’d like to see those old dwarf armies aswell… it’s always nice to see old mini’s