[Archive] My Chaos Dwarf Retinue

dncswlf:

Alright, so my Avatar isn’t done yet, but I just finished the dwarf head trophy on his left side and it came out pretty cool.  This is such an AWESOME model!  love the tongue hanging out…  I tried to get a good pick but I made him eyeless and blood dripping down his cheeks and out of his mouth! I’ll finish him up tonight or tomorrow!

I’m about 80% of the way done… his daemon skinned right shoulder pad came out great too…

dncswlf:

Here is a close up of my three cape wearing axe wielding Citadel Chaos Dwarfs…  These guys are such cool sculpts…  

(I think that is a bit of white foam stuck to the samurai mask dude’s head… oops!)

[attachment=1918]

Here is a close up of my Mortar

[attachment=1919]

and the swivel guns

Bolg:

you don't need to be 30+ to have 3rd edition (or older ;)) models... i use a whole army of 3rd and 2nd edition slann's in tournements and i'm "only" 25 ;P

Vash
No you dont, I've been playing 3dr edition models for the last 12 years of witch only 1 at 30+ (: but I had the impression there was this "only 30+ play 3dr ed" buzz so I asked about it.

got any pics of your 3rd and 2dn edition slan online? those are the frog models right, with human slaves?

@dncswlf noting wrong with the pictures you just posted, thats a good camera you're using now. love your model collection, I'm jealous.

Zanko:

@ Bolg: I posted Yash’s link before! :wink:

Here is the link to the Slann again: Vash’s old Slann

Really great guys!

:hashut

Pyro Stick:

For some reason I cannot post into the Showcase Image Gallery for the Old school stuff and the juggernaut... If anyone can help me figure it out it'd be great! I can post into all the other galleries, but the add file doesn't show up for me in these two galleries...

dncswlf
The easiest thing to do would be to use Photobucket and just post the images there using tags. Heres a guide: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4193

dncswlf:

Thanks Pyro… I’ll try it, but I think I attempted it using my flikr account and only came up with squares with question marks in them… I’ll try the photobucket route!

dncswlf:

Completed Dwarf Lord of Chaos

[attachment=1923][attachment=1922]

Pyro Stick:

Completed Dwarf Lord of Chaos

dncswlf
That turned out very nice. The shoulder pad with the daemon face looks great. Although i would change the rune of khorne to a rune of hashut asap lol.

Kera foehunter:

Great job on the lord ! i like the choice in the color you used

love the old swivel gun too great job D N C

Zanko:

I like also your AoW Chaos Dwarf! :slight_smile:

You used an appropriate paint scheme and set cool highlights! :cheers

But like Pyro said change the rune of Khorne into a rune of Hashut … a Khorne rune is a no go!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:hashut

dncswlf:

My dwarves worship Zhorne as god of death and destruction… Hashut as god of fire and metal… they sacrifice their slaves equally to both… don’t want to piss any of those chaos deities off! Does Frurndar have a symbol?

Kera foehunter:

lol my pirate worship gold !! with gold you can buy any god !!

when was the last time a god ever fought another god!

gold will even buy men too

Bolg:

@dncswlf your painting skills are quite good, but If I may say, you should put a little more effort in the bases, having a nice model based with a bit more attention really makes the model look a lot better. (just my 2 cents)

dncswlf:

Thanks, I’ve changed what I’ve done over the years… my early stuff just had the brown little crumbles… I started my recent figures all the same with the three different types of materials. If I had started my Chaos Dwarves with something like the lava bases in mind I definitely would have went with that, as it is now all my armies are based the same, and I think it would be too weird to have different armies based differently. I like the grassy/sandy look, and leaving the edges black gives it that “whitewall” tire look, differentiating the table and the mini… I’ve tried blending it right in, with green static grass and all that… I like that they stand apart…

Borador:

I just have one thing to say: DUDE THAT STUFF IS EPIC!

Bolg:

@dncswlf Leaving the side of the bases black is very fine, but you should then paint them black, that will look a tot better trust me.

dncswlf:

@dncswlf  Leaving the side of the bases black is very fine, but you should then _paint_ them black, that will look a tot better trust me.

Bolg
Borador: Thanks!!

Bolg: Yeah, I start with that... then they get messed up in the paint/basing process... I just have to get back around to recoating them... ;-) all in good time! I'll get back to the bases when I've finished with them all... that was my plan anyway!

Kera: Gold buys everything yes... even gods sometimes lol!

Bolg:

I'll get back to the bases when I've finished with them all... that was my plan anyway!

dncswlf
Ok, thats fine, ill stay off your back until your finished (;

Loki:

Great collection of models dncswlf i really like the converted standard with the rune of Hashut as the flag its self very cool :slight_smile:

dncswlf:

and the latest addition:  Annihilators!

(I’m going to attempt a whole army pic soon!)