[Archive] my Chaos Dwarf� � ( work in progress, and ready to work )

vulcanologist:

Thanks Zonk! I have wanted to see some step by step sculpting tips for ages! You’ve given me so much inspiration feel like I know where to start now with my own sculpting. Please post more!

Zonk:

zobo1942:

Impressive!!!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Time of Madness:

Wow that was fast! And here I thought it was going to take you weeks to finish something like this.

Time of Madness

Murdock129:

That looks beautiful, I wish I had money to buy it with, your Chaos Dwarf line is how I hoped a good part of the Warhammer Forge would be, especially this, the Blunderbuss and the Champion with the Axe

Borador:

You work at insane speeds, very impressive results as well!

Keep them coming!

Zonk:

NEW positions
Has replaced Helmets - new positions have turned out

gIL^:

haha awesome, Thats one way to make new mini’s easily. Blunders look really good now.

Curse you Zonk!! If i love the minis you have already sent me you will receive an armies worth, Make sure to keep sculpting!!!

Zonk:

Curse you Zonk!!

gIL^
It is not necessary experiences. I will send the second parcel free of charge)) : Шляп�f

vulcanologist:

Hi Zonk. Are you going to continue your sculpting masterclass? Would love to see more step by step pics of your infantry!

Zonk:

Hi Zonk. Are you going to continue your sculpting masterclass? Would love to see more step by step pics of your infantry!

vulcanologist
Yes. In the near future there will be new photos.

ChungEssence:

Love the guy with sword and shield.

Don’t like the Lamassu body/wings much but the head is great

gIL^:

Curse you Zonk!!

gIL^
It is not necessary experiences. I will send the second parcel free of charge))  : Шляп�f

Zonk
HAHA thanks, sculpt away more different poses you sculpt the more i will buy, God i love these minis.

Murdock129:

Coming over from the other topic (Sorry about that Zonk)

Now I have nothing against Mask Dwarfs, I love them, but how many Chaos Dwarfs from other companies are based on Mask Dwarfs, not to mention FW’s new CDs are masks. But the only ways to have Bighats besides Zonk were OOP models on eBay and the like, or converting your own, which many of us are no good at, myself especially.

So I’d love to see Bull Centaurs, a Greater Taurus, riders for both, more characters, Earthshaker Cannon, Death Rocket, Hobgoblins and Hobgoblin Wolf riders first

If those were made then a Hellcannon, Mask CDs (Both Characters and troops) and the like would be awesome, especially a Juggernaut and Boar Centaurs would be amazing

On the subject of other ideas that aren’t CDs:

I’d love one based on this model:

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/7800/67803410.jpg

And for that matter other Kislev-like models. The other two sets of models I’d love to see are some Zoats and Fimir (I adore the OOP stuff from GW). My final suggestion is for the Orcs, the one with two hands and fur looks like it would make a beautiful Apeman if it was a little larger

Also when people buy these then please post pics online of it painted, I’d love to see things liek the Lammasu painted

Warlord2011:

When you do the older Chaos Dwarfs, I believe the Chaos warrior (dwarf style) is one of the best, here are some examples again (the guy who did these did an execelent job on them):

The older Chaos Dwarf miniatures with the heavy armor are great and the mutations in the mox ad for a fantastic touch.

I just love those guys - When you do guys like these please let me know!

Warlord

gIL^:

Coming over from the other topic (Sorry about that Zonk)

Now I have nothing against Mask Dwarfs, I love them, but how many Chaos Dwarfs from other companies are based on Mask Dwarfs, not to mention FW's new CDs are masks. But the only ways to have Bighats besides Zonk were OOP models on eBay and the like, or converting your own, which many of us are no good at, myself especially.

So I'd love to see Bull Centaurs, a Greater Taurus, riders for both, more characters, Earthshaker Cannon, Death Rocket, Hobgoblins and Hobgoblin Wolf riders first

If those were made then a Hellcannon, Mask CDs (Both Characters and troops) and the like would be awesome, especially a Juggernaut and Boar Centaurs would be amazing

On the subject of other ideas that aren't CDs:

I'd love one based on this model:
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/7800/67803410.jpg

And for that matter other Kislev-like models. The other two sets of models I'd love to see are some Zoats and Fimir (I adore the OOP stuff from GW). My final suggestion is for the Orcs, the one with two hands and fur looks like it would make a beautiful Apeman if it was a little larger

Also when people buy these then please post pics online of it painted, I'd love to see things liek the Lammasu painted

Murdock129
I couldn't agree more, Big hats are really hard to find and i would love a classic looking cd army so i need atleast 20 different sculpts and warmachine to execute this. I think Zonk will make more money out of big hats considering we have great members on CDO that already offer great CD alternatives for masks including Grims in the not so distant future.

As far as the unique stylings of chaos warrior type CD's they just won't sell as many as the raw wanting power of Big Hat lovers I already ordered 20 if i like them i will buy alot more.

Warlord2011:

I respect but do not agree with the previous statement. Although I have just joined this site I have been collecting and was once a dealer in the GW miniatures for over 20 years. During my years of dealing Miniatures I had more demands for the original style CDs than anything else I sold and they were the top category in profits, I simply could not get enough of them.

And today the original Chaos Dwarves are much harder to find than the big hats, I have begun to try and find these hard to find models again and when ever I go on Ebay I find many more of the “Big hats” listed than the “Chaos renegades” dwarfs�?T listings wise. With that said, I believe you will do good to cover both markets as they both have a very high demand as far as miniatures to customers ratio (lots of buyers wanting these little goodies and the buyers need a lot of them to make their armies).

I will say that if you had the old style Chaos renegade dwarf style I would have bought a bunch my self, your price point is great and you need a lot of them to make your armies.

I for one am looking forward to seeing what you do in the area of the Chaos Dwarf renegade style �?" Good luck and sculpt on!

Warlord

Borador:

I think we should stick to the topic. This is not so much about what we prefer or how many alt. models have been released already, but about Zonk and his sculpts.

IMO he should do whatever he likes best.

Ofcourse, I have a favorite style as well, but I enjoy watching say, great “big hat” sculpts just as much as buying great sculpts which are in the “chaos warrior” style.

Zonk:

I think we should stick to the topic. This is not so much about what we prefer or how many alt. models have been released already, but about Zonk and his sculpts.

Borador
I think that discussions are necessary. Discussions are useful to me as to the sculptor to the further work.
With that said, I believe you will do good to cover both markets as they both have a very high demand as far as miniatures to customers ratio (lots of buyers wanting these little goodies and the buyers need a lot of them to make their armies).

Warlord2011
I agree with it

Borador:

In that case: debate on guys :wink:

I agree with covering both markets would be most effective to get high sale rates.