[Archive] My Daemonsmith!

Yro:

Hi!

I’d Like to show you my first model, digitally sculpted and then printed in 3D.

I am aware that my photographic skills are not so good, and the paint job is barely started, but in person the model is absolutely adherent to the digital version.

this is a low budget version, created for testing the feel of the real model. a higher resolution version, based on a fixed 3d model, should be ready in a couple of weeks.

the new version is more short and broad, with a new beard, and some additional element:

I choosed to mix the new FW design with that from Big Hat era, so the model has a big hat (:hat), protruded mouth and long nose, but also naked arms, no mustaches and horns. I tried hard to not lose the mesopotamian feel.

ps. the model will be duplicated in resin, so the pricey master will be safe ^^, so if somebody would like to have a copy of this, let me know!

zobo1942:

WOW!!! That is fabulous!! You have (as the kids are saying) ‘mad skillz’!!

I would LOVE to know how you did this - what software you used to create your model, etc… it is GREAT work! I’ve heard of some people having trouble getting their models printed, due to the software being unable to create proper .stl files.

I`m really interested in this emerging aspect of the miniature industry - any information you could share would be MUCH appreciated!!

fattdex:

YES PLEASE

Excellent work my friend. Quite a character. With his (currently) un-decorated garb he would make a fine level 1 or 2 daemonsmith I think. A saddled version with a bit more bling would be awesome!

RTMaitreya:

Oh my. Yes, put me on the list, please. This guy is GREAT.

RTM

theforgefather:

wow thats amazing!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

vulcanologist:

Thats very clever! Can you talk us through the whole process from start to finish?

Stepper:

O_O ubercool. put me on the list, i needs one precious yes i does

(soz my gollem side takes over whenever im really excited)

Ciao,

Stepper

Hashutcopper:

thats an awesome love the combination between forge world and older models

Ghrask Dragh:

Wow

Really, wow, we haven’t had anything like this on the forum before, its a very nice idea indeed. The face has so much character and its a great pose for a deamonsmith too. Have you thought about doing a bust of this mini, would really suit your sculpting style.

Well done mate, awesome contribution to chaos dwarfs :slight_smile:

furrie:

Great model, the only problem I have with the mini, is that is looks to tall to be a chaos dwarf.

Agalstrax:

Please put me on the list too.

This guy is really great!!

Cassarus:

That’s a lovely mini, well done :hat off

Ravenswood:

He looks more like gnome not dwarf, but anyway he is looks nice)) If you produce his bust i will buy it!!!

P.S. I also want copy of his 28mm mini)

Yro:

Thanks to all!

yes, the current version is too tall, i fixed that in the final version, with shorter legs and bigger head ^___^

I’m really happy for all the comments! when the final master’ll arrive i’ll copy it and sell it ( i think it will be about 5-7 euros)

And also, i’m testing the ground about commission sculpt… if i can organize the thing, somebody could be interested!?

furrie:

Thanks to all!
yes, the current version is too tall, i fixed that in the final version, with shorter legs and bigger head ^___^

I'm really happy for all the comments! when the final master'll arrive i'll copy it and sell it ( i think it will be about 5-7 euros)
And also, i'm testing the ground about commission sculpt... if i can organize the thing, somebody could be interested!?

Yro
Depending on the final result, I might be interested. If the final result of this was is to my liking I'll probably make a request for some models and might buy this one.

MLP:

That’s fantastic! I’m really interested in the whole process, what are the set up requirements and costs for something like this?! If you don’t mind me asking

Ender SpiteSworn:

Sweet! I was wondering when these 3D print models will start showing up. Great job and awesome showcase for the technology.

French_noodle:

Really cool ! If you start producing and selling, i will be part of your customers, if you accept to send in France :slight_smile:

I’m not totally fond of the bottom/legs of this model, but it is VERY nice anyway and so i wanna support this and have one ^^

And also, i’m testing the ground about commission sculpt… if i can organize the thing, somebody could be interested!?
For me, it will mostly depend on prices. But big YES, i am interested.

Great idea, great job, i wish you all the success you can hope for :slight_smile:

Alakihel:

Amazing stuff mate !

Put me on the list too :wink:

Cheers,

Alakihel.

DAGabriel:

Agree with all the praises, put me on the List, too!