[Archive] My Dark Elf army is the greatest power for evil!

ross_lionheart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3FzLdGe2YY

This is not my dark elf army lol!

warh:

:o:o:o … x.x

haha that was weird :sick

nitroglysarine:

on a similar note:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK_G3bfEmL0&feature=related

and this is why I larp, go dark elves!

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Funny, very deadpan. I liked it! :slight_smile:

snowblizz:

ross_lionheart
I really really dislike that guy...

Da Crusha:

@nitro: haha I was just about to post a link to that. Yeah!

Tarrakk Blackhand:

HEY! He mentioned Chaos Dwarfs!

You know, some of my customers sound like this guy! LOL!

nitroglysarine:

@nitro: haha I was just about to post a link to that. Yeah!

Da Crusha
it is quite an informative video. :hat off

Baggronor:

Lol the funniest part is the youtube retards who don't get it.

Nitro, I never saw any of that when I went LARPing. All I got was fat guys dressed as goblins.

Da Crusha:

Lol the funniest part is the youtube retards who don't get it.

Nitro, I never saw any of that when I went LARPing. All I got was fat guys dressed as goblins.

Baggronor
I remember watching a larp and the the 2 guys were having a stare down, each wearing kimonos and a sword at their side. suddenly, one guy rolled a few dice, and then the narrator turned to the other and said "your dead".

nitroglysarine:

I remember watching a larp and the the 2 guys were having a stare down, each wearing kimonos and a sword at their side. suddenly, one guy rolled a few dice, and then the narrator turned to the other and said "your dead".

Da Crusha
Now that larp would suck. we hit each other with larp weapons (not boffer), a few of us have got hurt, but not badly.

Baggronor:

Lmao. The ones I went to were the LARP weapon variety; they were fun weekends but impossible to roleplay at because nobody could seem to stay in character and their costumes were so awful. My German friend had told me about the LARP she had done back home, where her friends hired out a castle for the weekend and built a chaos temple and stuff, so was quite disappointed by the UK efforts. The German guys even made a suit of armour in a replica of the Chaos Lord from the front cover of the 6th ed HoC book, and had some massive dude wearing it. The photos looked awesome. The Brits just seemed to be in black t-shirts and jeans mostly :~

nitroglysarine:

I’ve run four events locally, and they have always been used around a barn, the quality need to be in the roleplay, and then secondly the props, the site is however awesome.

The plot in our system can be quite dark murder, sacrifice, genocide, but there is one topic we’ll never run (the obvious crime)

snowblizz:

I’ve always considered LARPers nerds. :~ You know, people even crazier than those who play with little dolls.

Unfortunately my opinion of LARPers is now forever branded by that 6’ guy dressed in a French maid costume. He had balls for doing it, I’ll give him that but still… it’s one of those not that common times I feel very conservative*.

The fat guys dressed as goblins seem much more common than the howt Dark elf Sorceresses.

*the other is when they want me to pay back-taxes

Baggronor:

I've always considered LARPers nerds. You know, people even crazier than those who play with little dolls.
Lol nerd snobbery?! :) Is there an actual nerd hierarchy? I'd like to think we're near the top, personally, although I bet every other sub-species of geek would disagree.

nitroglysarine:

I've always considered LARPers nerds. :~ You know, people even crazier than those who play with little dolls.

Unfortunately my opinion of LARPers is now forever branded by that 6' guy dressed in a French maid costume. He had balls for doing it, I'll give him that but still... it's one of those not that common times I feel very conservative*.

The fat guys dressed as goblins seem much more common than the howt Dark elf Sorceresses.

*the other is when they want me to pay back-taxes

snowblizz
Consider this, is sitting at home playing say wow not getting any exercise better than doing basically the same, being social with people basically roleplaying wow and getting exercise?
I'd say its better, and on a par in geek level. ;P

Best quote my mate made was 'i'm not a geek i'm a level 9 Necromancer.

hashuts lil helper:

snowblizz:

Consider this, is sitting at home playing say wow not getting any exercise better than doing basically the same, being social with people basically roleplaying wow and getting exercise?
I'd say its better, and on a par in geek level. ;P

Best quote my mate made was 'i'm not a geek i'm a level 9 Necromancer.

nitroglysarine
I didn't make the comparison with World of Wimps now did I? I made the comparison to us, the super cool Warhammer players.

Surgeon-High Priests Warning:
Posts of geeks calling other geeks geeks should not be taken too seriously.

And *yes* there is a nerd hierarchy as seen by previous poster.

Baggronor:

There doesn’t seem to be a ‘Wargamer who sculpts and casts his own figures’ on the hierarchy. Either I’m right at the top or right at the bottom :cheers

Although I have had work published, though admittedly not in sci-fi or fantasy…

I made the comparison to us, the super cool Warhammer players.
My mate was mocked once on Warhammer Online for actually being a player of tabletop Warhammer. The mind boggles.

snowblizz:

There doesn't seem to be a 'Wargamer who sculpts and casts his own figures' on the hierarchy. Either I'm right at the top or right at the bottom :cheers
Although I have had work published, though admittedly not in sci-fi or fantasy...

Baggronor
Depends... can you get the breasts right?
My mate was mocked once on Warhammer Online for actually being a player of tabletop Warhammer. The mind boggles.

Baggronor
The mind boggles indeed.