[Archive] My first unit of chaos Dwarves off the line (pic heavy)

Maul:

I will likely bump them up to 25 eventually. I also have my sorcerer conversion. My green stuff work is improving, and looking at what some folks have done is amazing.
I was inspired by Matt’s Chaos Dwarf walkthrough on Podhammer.

I hope this link works.

http://s537.photobucket.com/albums/ff332/tiamet-warrior/Chaos%20Dwarf%20Army/

Xander:

I edited your post a bit!

Looks great. Any plans for Hobgoblins? Etc?

Maul:

I am using your method from youtube to begin converting regular night goblins. I am on my first test figure.

two_heads_talking:

the masks look really good. the hair sculpting is amazing. I tried some the other night and all my hair ends up looking dead worms…

furrie:

nice work especialy for a first unit

Sojourn:

I like the hair/dreads. it’s what I did when I made my female CD, she needed braids somewhere!

excellent start Maul. glad Xander’s tutorials are helpful for you. and your GS looks like you’re starting strong as it is.

wallacer:

The dreadlocks are a nice touch. Makes them look like shorter versions of the predator.

Ghrask Dragh:

Yes I like the dreads, nice job :hat off looking forward to your hobgoblin!

I’m off to podhammer to check out these Chaos Dwarf’s

slev:

nice. I’d love to see how you’re going to paint them.

Kera foehunter:

auggggg those be some fine dread locks!!!

cool masks

Borka:

That’s a great start for a first unit!

Xander:

I am using your method from youtube to begin converting regular night goblins. I am on my first test figure.

Maul
Cool! :hat off

Vexxus:

Great work, love the look!

keep us posted on your hobbos!

Willmark:

Great work keep it up!

clam:

I do understand why Matt’s inspired you - he talks very passionately about his Chaos Dwarfs. Think I have heard that episode 5 (or so) quite a few times now.

And your first unit looks great - love the hair :smiley:

Keep it up!

So what’s you paln for colour scheme?

Merchant:

Hi mate - your regiment and sorc is really cool and a great sculp you brin with :slight_smile: :wink:

But I do have to ask, the fire thing in you sorc’er hand - where is it from?

Maul:

I will try to respond to all the questions in one go.

Questions:

Color scheme is described below

The flame in the sorceress hand is off the black coach, I got it back when you could buy bits because it was cheap and screamed to me that it would be useful.

Update:

I have my first 10 hobos (no shields) pinned and built-up (just have to green stuff).

I have two bolt throwers acquired (OOP goblin spear chuckers) The crew are assembled and need to be painted.

I have started to convert BFSP miners, but I ran out of masks and so I am thinking about how to move forward (may sculpt my own mask)

I have my earth shaker (It is a massive lead GW dwarf siege cannon) and am working on collecting parts to build it up on a frame.

I have purchased 10 bull centaurs and am in the process of “gulp” sawing off their hats (don’t tell the hat lovers).

Lastly, I have begun painting my warrior unit pictured above, the paint scheme is presently a tin base on the metal and brass over that with dark skin tones and a dark brown beard. For some reason I went a drab and dark green as my color for parts of the armor. It has been a long time since I have painted so it is taking me a bit to get into it.

I will get some new pictures up when I have the unit painted.

Merchant:

Questions:
Color scheme is described below
The flame in the sorceress hand is off the black coach, I got it back when you could buy bits because it was cheap and screamed to me that it would be useful.

Maul
Okay thanks mate :) :hat off

Kera foehunter:

hat less big hat , great idea on the bull centaurs

can’t wait to see more

Sojourn:

hey Maul, good choice on the hats, imho. I don’t like 'em. :wink:

but you have quite a lot underway! can’t wait to see more pics. :slight_smile: