[Archive] My Other Distractions

Admiral:

The Spectres are much more classy rides than any of the Martian longshanks. I’ll bet for your humans! Looking good, and looking forward to see them all painted.

Abecedar:

Thanks Admiral. I love the armoured cars.

Abecedar:

I got a pair of tee-shirts the other week and I thought I’d share them (visually).

My daughter and I. She’s just gotten engaged to a computer nerd. So don’t despair it can happen

tjub:

I got a pair of tee-shirts the other week and I thought I'd share them (visually).
My daughter and I.  She's just gotten engaged to a computer nerd. So don't despair it can happen

Abecedar
You seem to have raised her well! ;P:cheers

Admiral:

Nice! Is that Willmark on the T-shirt? :wink:

Abecedar:

Could be, its a distinct likeness

Abecedar:

Had to make some time to get some of my other hobby stuff out of the road.

First up my rash of Animals for Saga

The Aurochs, mule and cart, and a couple of other bits aren’t quite finished but the rest are ready.

Abecedar:

Some individual shots of them

First the turkey and the Armadillo

I might fix the mold line on the Armadillo one day

And my spotted politician, I mean my “Pig at the Trough”

Abecedar:

Next up the barnyard birds.

The chicken flock

And my Magpies

Abecedar:

Here is my hear of goats

And my Lama’s

Abecedar:

I picked up two North Star(?) wolves last year and I decided to paint one as "Ghost from Game of Thrones

And I’ve a Donkey with the “Comic” style face just for fun. He’s not quite finished yet

Abecedar:

And I’ve been assembling some 15mm Building from 4 ground for use in my martian wars game.

And a pic from my last game. I totally got the points wrong and the poor old humans didn’t stand a chance

Abecedar:

At little wars in Canberra last month, I picked up some more animals for my Saga - The Dark Ages display,.

And I finally got some of the Undead Samurai from Fantasy Skeletal Samurai 28mm

Just because I liked them.

Abecedar:

Some small ammunition / supply points i have made for All Quiet on the Martian Front.

The top one is done with a paper towel draped over the boxes and dampened with glue. I wasn’t overly happy with it so I made some camoflage netting out of an old exfolliating towel I had. I think it looks better.

Abecedar:

And here is what else I’ve done for my Martian front game.

Some 4Ground 15mm buildings

Abecedar:

Nico’s thread - http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=5751&pid=285417#pid285417 has inspired me to try my hand at making dungeon tiles for my son.

tjub:

Cool, good start! Really should try something similar one day…

Nicodemus:

Nico's thread - http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=5751&pid=285417#pid285417 has inspired me to try my hand at making dungeon tiles for my son.

Abecedar
Again, nice start!! Did you free-hand cut it with a hot wire cutter or do you have one of the flat-bed wire cutters for perfect 90-degree cuts?

Abecedar:

I used a scroll saw to cut out the circle steps in the 50mm foam board and then the rest is freehand with a scalpel and a long exacto type blade.

Fuggit Khan:

Wonderful work on that spiral staircase !

I just love stonework spiral staircases, I don’t know why, but they just appeal to me. Even in video games (Skyrim, Dark Souls, etc) I get all excited when I get to run up and down in them.

Very nice precise cuts and it really conveys the look of stone.

Excellent :hat off