[Archive] N!TR0's Fresh Mantic Blog (Update 30-5-11) - BC Changes

nitroglysarine:

one or better two numbers smaller would fit much better!

Zanko
numbers smaller? :~

which? height or width?
its the same height as a tjub pin, so i'm guessing width?
i quite like the broadness of it to be honest. :~ i'm in a muddle now.

maybe i should do a rank of them?? see what they look like ranked up?
Perhaps I could clip the bottom of the pin off to make it shorter but keep the broadness??

suggestions please :D

aka_mythos:

Lol… I think you should just cut some feet off somewhere and glue them to the bottom of the hat. That things huge.

nitroglysarine:

thinking of cutting it in half around the middle, and seeing if a squatty hat would work with the ‘flat heads’

nitroglysarine:

Anyone know the diameter and height of the old Cd of the hats?

that fella:- http://sheffieldirregulars.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/chaos-bighat.jpg

I’m trying to what to aim to modify them to.

aka_mythos:

Just eye balling the picture relative to the base… its about 12-15mm at the largest diameter and about 20mm from brim to spike tip.

nitroglysarine:

Just eye balling the picture relative to the base... its about 12-15mm at the largest diameter and about 20mm from brim to spike tip.

aka_mythos
oh yeah, *doink* - didn't think of that.
I make mine (after a 'technical edit' involving a hacksaw and removing 8mm) about 18m wide and *now* 6mm tall.

Will pop a picture up soon.

nitroglysarine:

Left new, right old silly hat.

Better?
He’s a more sensible height now at least.
although he seems to look a touch oriental, or is it just me.

Shakhorth:

Much better, I’d like a hat like that. Would protect me from the rain :wink:

nitroglysarine:

Yeah it is a touch ‘umbrella’ like.

I have a funny feeling i’ll be getting a few more of these done tonight. Then the green stuff can come out to play :smiley:

I do love doing the dread beards.

Also I got my Immortals helmets done tonight, they are pretty cool, and even thought of a way of covering up the moulding lines and the faults that come from my method of casting - they might look a bit ‘beefeeter-eque’

-Pics to follow

Zanko:

I agree - the second yellow BagHat is much better!

Looks good not silly! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:hashut

nitroglysarine:

sweet, working on a blunderbus-dude atm.

think i’ve got an odd way of making the blunderbus.

grisnik:

Very nice start on the CDs from Mantic…

Question… how are you finding them to rank up though? I am also trying to make mine with GWs… though am concerned on how they will rank up nicely… or at all in some cases…

nitroglysarine:

Very nice start on the CDs from Mantic..

Question.. how are you finding them to rank up though? I am also trying to make mine with GWs.. though am concerned on how they will rank up nicely.. or at all in some cases..

grisnik
Basing:- trail and error, I find that the turny bases actually make it easier to find positions that they work in.
Great weapons managed to get five next to each other, and they look quite good. - need to be caseful with the green stuff dreads though to make sure I don't make a mistake.

Left:- Immortal with my odd heads, Right:- Blunderbuss - to short?? - its telescopic so i can make it about 1cm longer if needs be. i'm not sure how long to make it.

Same image but with dreads in place.

nitroglysarine:

Image of them ranked up, bottom obviously has the spray on beard, can’t put my hand on my green stuff :frowning:

This one was to show that the mantic dwaves are a bit taller than the GW dwaves, … i can live with that :smiley:

Still they are shorter than the damn humies.

nitroglysarine:

after a bit of thought, i think i’m going to give my immortals some nice modded axe things:- see picture

The only problem is I have is i need some axes like the old chaos one pictured. any suggestions to get hold of the bits??

nitroglysarine:

after an hour the green stuff is on, jaws done, beards done.

Opinions? Comments?

I’m mulling over making the tusks a bit smaller, its just really REALLY hard to attach when they are smaller. :~

Da Crusha:

I think they looks pretty nice. alot better with the new beards, tusks look good. the only thing I would try to do is sculpt another line in between each of the beard curls. I always felt that the beards looked nicer the tighter the curls are. although, I have never attempted to sculpt bighat style curly beards before.

Clinkz:

I think they looks pretty nice. alot better with the new beards, tusks look good. the only thing I would try to do is sculpt another line in between each of the beard curls. I always felt that the beards looked nicer the tighter the curls are. although, I have never attempted to sculpt bighat style curly beards before.

Da Crusha
i would have to agree about the beards, but apart from that they are looking pretty nice :hat off

nitroglysarine:

So thinner beards and more lines or just more lines? - that’s quite hard to do in places if the beard isn’t to well attached.

I’ll give it a go.

aka_mythos:

I think its more a comment on the texture of the beards. Rather than having lines that go completely across each lock of beard, try making them only go part way across alternating which side of the lock of beard they start from. That seem to be standard look. The way you have them, while they look good, maybe too good in a sense.