[Archive] New cd what will they look like

Kera foehunter:

well here you go what do you think the new cds that comming out will look like

i think they be a small scaled down version of the chaos warriors

With there dreadlocks beards

Border Reiver:

Similar to the Hellcannon crew, but the warriors will have lammelar armour. The champions, heros, lords and sorcerers will have taller helmets (including masks) than the rank and file, but not as extreme as the previous versions, prhaps similar to the ones referred to as Warrior A and B.

dedwrekka:

Helmets, scale armor with plate armor coverings, no hat (probably the closest you’ll get is similar to the Ironbreaker helms), beards.

Could be wholly armored in full plate though.

Thommy H:

Quite short and with beards.

Swissdictator:

I seem sort of combo of masks/helms. Helms for foot troops.

Hats possibly for sorcs. If there are hats, they’ll likely be crossed with masks… and will probably small (think Dwarf Ironbreakers).

Overall though: I think they’ll look cool… whichever path they go with.

I do like the tusks and curly beards from the big hat era, and I hope those stay.

Guardian_A:

I think Border Reiver has it pegged. The Hellcannon Crew is probably going to be a pretty good gague of what to expect. Maybe some Warriors of Chaos style armor just to set them apart from the regular dwarfs which have a lot of chainmail on them, and the ornimentation at the bottom of the beards instead of scattered throughout like the regular dwarfs is another nice touch. I’d like to see them keep the tall hats, but I expect they will tone down the size and add more detail & veriety instead.

clam:

Quite short and with beards.

Thommy H
Second that :D

Actually I don't care - only thing that I really want is updated rules. Rules that will make our army legal every where. Btw: I've already found the way our army should look like - just go back something like 20 years :D

Willmark:

In full agreement with Clam the Marauder style minis pwn all!

Kera foehunter:

im thinking there going with a new figure !! something to get the young one to join in

probably a mutated dwarf with heavy armor!!but some thing to please the old one too

like a small cd warrior with a beard

AGPO:

I reckon they’ll look totally different to both the marauders and the bighats. The hellcannon crew is the closest I can see them being to anything current but I think they’ll look more heavily armoured - like a cross between Dwarfs and the new Chosen

Swissdictator:

something to get the young one to join in

Kera foehunter
Is Willmark going to have to kill some younglings?! ;)

Ultimately, I suspect that while many may grumble regardless of which they choose... we will happily embrace new Chaos Dwarfs in the end. A style not of our personal preference is better than no update at all! While I'm with Willmark in that Helms have become my favorite, which is ironic as when I first started I loathed them, I'd be happy with hats or helms... unless they completely botched the job!

Besides, with how many people here that have converted armies... would anyone really be heart broken if they had to do minor conversion work on some new figures to make Immortals or other units introduced? I suspect we'd accept it, convert up, and move on... or embrace the style.

We have the tools. We have the talent. It's Miller Time!

So we'll make whatever path they choose, work... and look damn sexy doing it too.

Guardian_A:

im thinking there going with a new figure !! something to get the young one to join in
probably a mutated dwarf with heavy armor!!but some thing to please the old one too
like a small cd warrior with a beard

Kera foehunter
I'd like to see two sets of heads on the sprue.  That way you would have one set that you could make a classic "Big Hat" theme, and the other set would allow you to give them a more current "Chaos" feel.  Maybe some mask options that could attach to the helmets for a little extra veriety.

We always get a few extra heads and options anyway, so this would be a good way to keep everyone happy.

Sojourn:

I’m thinking that they’ll go for a softer appearance, and instead of hats, masks or helms, maybe daisy chains and veils… with pretty high heels and whimsical skirts and dresses…

wait… no, that’s not right.

Probably short, little hairy men with plenty of armour. :slight_smile: what else could they look like, they’re dwarfs afterall! :wink:

GRNDL:

Ok, with that description I think someone should sketch up or sculpt a CD in a skirt, high heels, with daisy chains and veils… Maybe that should be Golden Hat #10?

Swissdictator:

Ok, with that description I think someone should sketch up or sculpt a CD in a skirt, high heels, with daisy chains and veils... Maybe that should be Golden Hat #10?

GRNDL
GRNDL: Are you offering to pose for that sculpt? It sure seems like it.

*vomit*

dedwrekka:

something to get the young one to join in

Kera foehunter
Is Willmark going to have to kill some younglings?! ;)

Ultimately, I suspect that while many may grumble regardless of which they choose... we will happily embrace new Chaos Dwarfs in the end. A style not of our personal preference is better than no update at all! While I'm with Willmark in that Helms have become my favorite, which is ironic as when I first started I loathed them, I'd be happy with hats or helms... unless they completely botched the job!

Besides, with how many people here that have converted armies... would anyone really be heart broken if they had to do minor conversion work on some new figures to make Immortals or other units introduced? I suspect we'd accept it, convert up, and move on... or embrace the style.

We have the tools. We have the talent. It's Miller Time!

So we'll make whatever path they choose, work... and look damn sexy doing it too.

Swissdictator
You'd never get us to agree on a style anyways. If given any choice at all, we'd stick to our guns (hats, masks, helms, whatever).
Ok, with that description I think someone should sketch up or sculpt a CD in a skirt, high heels, with daisy chains and veils... Maybe that should be Golden Hat #10?

GRNDL
GRNDL: Are you offering to pose for that sculpt? It sure seems like it.

*vomit*

Swissdictator
Just leave out any thongs.

Guardian_A:

You lost me at daisy chains, . . . . . :sick

Henroth:

i think they be a small scaled down version of the chaos warriors
With there dreadlocks beards

Kera foehunter
I coincide, though too have Hats, but be exclusive for Lord CD's, Heroes CD's and/or CD's Sorceres.

:hat off

Hashut’s Blessing:

What I’d expect would be a fully armoured and clothed Chaos Dwarf, probably scale mail and with a helmet or hatmet, not a mask. I’m under the impression that the Hellcannon crew have the masks primarily to protect their faces against the extreme heat of the daemon furnace and decided to make them look fearsome (hence the skull one etc) because they can. They have no clothing on their arms because of the same heat and so on and so forth. Essentially, I think they’ll be much like the 4th edition big hats, but with smaller facial features (comparitively) and helmets/hatmets instead of hats. Weapons: sabres/falchions/simialr swords (maybe for unit champions) as hand weapons, similar axes to the 4th edition ones (similar and with variation, but not the same :wink: ), round shields (like the marauder shield the splits it into three with a spike in the middle) and, obviously, blunderbusses.

Just my opinion :wink:

Kera foehunter:

GRNDL
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrh

'm thinking that they'll go for a softer appearance, and instead of hats, masks or helms, maybe daisy chains and veils... with pretty high heels and whimsical skirts and dresses...

what type of shoes sojourn????