[Archive] New Dwarf fiction not mentionning CD

Grimstonefire:

Having had it confirmed by Nick Kyme, the upcoming Grudge Lore and Oathbreaker do not contain any useful references to Chaos Dwarfs.��They are to be released in February.

Grudge Lore is a background book about Dwarfs, so I would have expected something in there on CD…?

Nick’s answer

"Chaos Dwarfs - Ah, now wouldn’t that be nice. Unfortunately, there’s nothing on the Chaos Dwarfs in this volume I’m afraid. It’s a tricky one, really and the inhabitants of the Skull Land etc are in a bit of flux at the moment. Much like you, I am equally eager to learn more about the dwarf’s twisted brethren. We’ll all just have to bide our time and be patient at the moment (a quality all dwarfs should have in abundance, of course… "

Whilst I happen to be mentionning books…

Check out Tome of Salvation

“Details on other gods, ranging from Bloody-Handed Khaine to Handrich, from the gods of the Orcs to the insane patron of the Chaos Dwarfs.

Bill-117:

Sigh. No one loves us.

And Hashut is not insane! Well, not unless he wants to be, I guess…

wallacer:

Tbh, if it has nothing on CD in it, then it doesn’t sound like a particularly thorough book on Dwarven background anyway.

Bill-117:

^QFT, wallacer.

Rumi:

lol, wallacer has got a bit damn good point, CD may be lonely and chaotic and don’t have any minatures for the lastest edition but there still damn dwarfs idiots! bah! Wtf is wrong with people ? How can the call it the compliatation of dwarf history if all the dwarf factions are not included in it? And if they say “well dwarfs tried to eradicate all evidence of chaotic dwarfs from their lorebooks” I’ll puke…

Uzkul Werit:

Tome od Salvation, eh? Sounds very interesting. notes it down

Tallhat:

lol, wallacer has got a bit damn good point, CD may be lonely and chaotic and don't have any minatures for the lastest edition but there still damn dwarfs idiots! bah! Wtf is wrong with people ? How can the call it the compliatation of dwarf history if all the dwarf factions are not included in it? And if they say "well dwarfs tried to eradicate all evidence of chaotic dwarfs from their lorebooks" I'll puke.............

Rumi
Actually they did. It is a grave offense to mention the CD in the presence of a Dwarf. They dont want to know about us.

- Tallhat

Bill-117:

Which is why I say now is the time to march on Karaz-a-Karak, and hold their capital until our demands are met…

minty:

Which is why I say now is the time to march on Karaz-a-Karak, and hold their capital until our demands are met...

Bill-117
sorry but, what are we going to say

"hey, you, you dwarfs up there, we want to be put in your lore books or else"

not a very good demand is it?

Pyro Stick:

“hey, you, you dwarfs up there, we want to be put in your lore books or else we will get hobgoblins to spit on you” Is a bit better but still its not going to acomplish anything.

Its a shame that theres nothing in it about chaos dwarfs. It would of sold better if it mentioned thme in some way probably. Im not going to be buying it anymore. The Tome of Salvation looks kind of interesting though…

grunts:

Hey you dwarfs up there, put us in your lore!

No!

What! Why I oughta…c’mere a minute!

No!

Damn…

wallacer:

Actually they did. It is a grave offense to mention the CD in the presence of a Dwarf. They dont want to know about us.

Tallhat
That is irrelevant. It would only be a valid argument if it was not so much a background book for gamers or wargamers but something written as if it were a book of lore written by the Dwarfs themselves (in other words, censored by the Dwarf loremasters).

If it is simply a generic background book written to be used for WH or WFRP then there is really no excuse for deleting the Chaos Dwarfs from it (or for that matter, Dwarfs who live in the empire or in Norsca).

Bill-117:

My demands were gonna be more like,

-Make Thorgrim Grudgebearer kneel down and kiss his own arse

-Recognize Hashut as god

-3/4 of Dwarven women and children are to be shipped to Zharr Naggrund as slaves

-All Slayers are shipped to Zharr Naggrund as slaves and no longer recognized as true Dwarves

-Dawi Zharr admitted to be the only ‘real’ Dwarves

-Gotrek Gurnisson must French-kiss Gorduz Backstabber

-Barak Varr, Karak Kadrin, Karaz-a-Karak, and Karak Eight Peaks are given to the Chaos Dwarves

-Every non-Chaos Dwar must shave. Bald. No body or facial hair PERIOD.

wallacer:

Post that on Bugman’s Brewery and see if we can get some feedback.

Pyro Stick:

-Recognize Hashut as god
-3/4 of Dwarven women and children are to be shipped to Zharr Naggrund as slaves
-All Slayers are shipped to Zharr Naggrund as slaves and no longer recognized as true Dwarves
-Dawi Zharr admitted to be the only 'real' Dwarves
-Barak Varr, Karak Kadrin, Karaz-a-Karak, and Karak Eight Peaks are given to the Chaos Dwarves

Bill-117
That was just....un-called for.

Bill-117:

…what? That’s just what I think we should do.

Plus, make Felix whizz on the Book of Grudges. On every page.

minty:

-Recognize Hashut as god
-Dawi Zharr admitted to be the only 'real' Dwarves

Bill-117
only problem is that, even without allues, the dwarves have the power to crush us dawi zharr without much concern, so if we tried that they'd just laugh, then kick us seven ways from sunday

Bill-117:

Unite the Orcs and the Gobbos. Totally drain the coffers hiring up Ogres and pirates. Infiltrate, too - send parties of CD’s with their beards done in Dwarf fashion and tusks shaved off in Karaz-a-Karak and take assorted towers, rooms and do assassinations in coordination with some Sneaky Gitz.

Mine the tunnels and have them blown once Dwarf forces march into them after the initial taking, and lock down and wait out the countersiege. Possibly have cults of actual CHAOS Dwarfs to summon daemons and whatnot?

Tallhat:

Tallhat
That is irrelevant.��It would only be a valid argument if it was not so much a background book for gamers or wargamers but something written as if it were a book of lore written by the Dwarfs themselves (in other words, censored by the Dwarf loremasters).

If it is simply a generic background book written to be used for WH or WFRP then there is really no excuse for deleting the Chaos Dwarfs from it (or for that matter, Dwarfs who live in the empire or in Norsca).

wallacer
Oh sorry then. I thought it was meant to be written by the Dwarfs. In that case youa are right. It isnt a valid argument. And as such there is no excuse for not including at least some part of the story of the dwarfs that went east.

- Tallhat

wallacer:

Oh sorry then. I thought it was meant to be written by the Dwarfs.

Tallhat
For all I know you could be right. I was just assuming it would be a "normal" facts and figures type background book rather than a "how Dwarfs see themselves" type of book.