[Archive] New Dwarf fiction not mentionning CD

Bill-117:

Yeah… It won’t be included, from Dwarf perspective, because they were in wrong. We went east and were goo little dwarves, and when Chaos first came they shut us out.

Dwarves don’t like demerits on their record…

Uzkul Werit:

It even says in Trollslayer that they rarely speak about the Dawi Zharr. Wer’e the black sheep, see. :smiley:

Bill-117:

We’re in Trollslayer too?

minty:

gotrek complains humans go to chaos to eaisly, felix play us as his trump card and gotrek almost goes man

and I don’t feel like a sheep, i’m not wooly, black or a quadreped. checks mirror oh bugger

wallacer:

Are the Gotrek and Felix novels really as bad as everyone says they are?

Bill-117:

I dunno. CD content has to equal goodie points, but they seem so… overdone. There’s what, like 11 of them now?

Horus Heresy is waaay better… much better than the book-a-day crap BL usually cranks out.

minty:

Are the Gotrek and Felix novels really as bad as everyone says they are?

wallacer
BAD????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

there some of the best books ever written, though the ones by william king far exceed nathans there new ones are still cool

Bill-117:

is suffocated by the army of question marks; dies

catbarf:

It is a grave offense to mention the CD in the presence of a Dwarf. They dont want to know about us.

Tallhat
Which is why I say now is the time to march on Karaz-a-Karak, and hold their capital until our demands are met...

Bill-117
CD: Hey! You! Put us in your book!
D: You don't exist.
CD: Um, okay, we're just gonna march in this city.
D: People are dying... hmm... plague. Yeah, we'll call it a plague. Of course it wasn't the ch-*gets slapped by another Dwarf*
CD: *much looting*
D: Okay, a plague that eats metal and foodstuffs.

Bill-117:

A plague that has Earthshaker cannons and Lammasus…

Nazhur:

An all out war between CD and regular dwarfs would be intresting. I actually think that they are really doing very little to destroy each other, as they both know that they are relatives even if they are bad relatives. think both “races” rather try to destroy everyone else and then take care of each other. Many people think CD are weak but we, true followers of Hashut knows that its not true. To bad only that GW is holding us back…

D’dos Croizii:

It’s a shame that Chaos Dwarfs aren’t even getting a brief mention, even the “History of the Chaos Dwarfs” in the 5th Ed Chaos Dwarf book should be worth a paragraph about the migrating Dwarfs.

Quite strange, and a sad day for Chaos Dwarfs everywhere.

AGPO:

My demands were gonna be more like,

-Make Thorgrim Grudgebearer kneel down and kiss his own arse
-Recognize Hashut as god
-3/4 of Dwarven women and children are to be shipped to Zharr Naggrund as slaves
-All Slayers are shipped to Zharr Naggrund as slaves and no longer recognized as true Dwarves
-Dawi Zharr admitted to be the only 'real' Dwarves
-Gotrek Gurnisson must French-kiss Gorduz Backstabber
-Barak Varr, Karak Kadrin, Karaz-a-Karak, and Karak Eight Peaks are given to the Chaos Dwarves
-Every non-Chaos Dwar must shave. Bald. No body or facial hair PERIOD.

Bill-117
only problem is that, even without allues, the dwarves have the power to crush us dawi zharr without much concern, so if we tried that they'd just laugh, then kick us seven ways from sunday

minty
Um, the dwarf empire has fallen my friend, they are a borken power and against an Empire the size of the dark lands with the allegance of all the grreenskin tribes of ourt domain, and the "friendship" of the ogres and tribesmen of the North not to mention what mercenaries we could hire, we'd walk them.
We're just too cool to.
Period.

The main reason for leaving us out is they haven't decided what they want to do with the Chaos Dwarfs yet so they won't publish any vaguely official background until they know what line they're taking

wallacer:

I actually think that they are really doing very little to destroy each other

Nazhur
Nothing whatsoever, I should think.
CD only really wage war for slaves, and regular Dwarfs seem content to pretend that CD don't exist.

Bill-117:

Out of sight out of mind.

Although, I have little doubt that small parties of Slayers out of Karak Kadrin head to Zharr Naggrund on a regular basis to kill off the high leadership, or scheme with the dirty hobbos of our downfall.

But nothing overt - no massive armies crossing the mountains or proclamations to the Empire to send thousands of troops to crush the Dawi Zharr. Just little things…

Grimstonefire:

Quote from Nick:

'There are two voices in this book, one, the dwarf voice, relates the actual entries given in the various books of grudges; the other, the empire scholar, adds observation and detail to these extracts examining culturally relevant tangents. '

So no excuse not to include the Chaos Dwarfs from the Empire Scholars POV

wallacer:

In other words it’s exactly the same as the Children of the Horned Rat supplement for WFRP - it has the scholar’s voice and the “how we see ourselves” voice of the race in question.

Thanks Grim, that’s interesting to know.

Bill-117:

Quote from Nick:

'There are two voices in this book, one, the dwarf voice, relates the actual entries given in the various books of grudges; the other, the empire scholar, adds observation and detail to these extracts examining culturally relevant tangents. '

So no excuse not to include the Chaos Dwarfs from the Empire Scholars POV

Grimstonefire
I doubt the Empire scholar knows more than rumors. I mean, the Dwarfs would do all possible to conceal knowledge. I can only think that would be effective.

wallacer:

I think it would be more than rumours.

During Archaon’s invasion the Chaos armies used Hellcannons obtained from the Chaos Dwarfs. It seems reasonable to conclude that the Empire forces would have captured some PoWs during the war who had seen Chaos Dwarfs and Zharr Naggrund.

While their knowledge would certainly not be extensive it would certainly be proof that CD exist.

Bill-117:

Yeah. But I assume that the Emp’s bureaucrats would have tried to squelch that knowledge.

Since the Empire’s best buds are the Dwarfs and like, I don’t think Dwarfs would take kindly their secret to be made public.