[Archive] New High Elves

Zuh-Khinie:

http://grimdark.org/Forum/showthread.php?tid=488&pid=2374#pid2374

Enjoy! :slight_smile:

Yodrin:

Eagle chariot:)

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Kera foehunter:

Kera shakes her head come on Elves ??

warh:

Pretty nice models I must say.

Geist:

Elves in a boat, they in a boat flying in a boat!!! Yo I am in my flying boat!!!

Grimbold Blackhammer:

I feel ill.  I think I have a case of avian flu coming on… =)

Animatone:

Zuh-Khinie,

Thanks for the link!

I’m already annoyed though… Whenever I even think of High Elves I start hearing the words “Drain Magic” being said somewhere and I just lose interest. But as for the models I do like them a lot. I honestly have always thought high elves were the coolest looking of all the elf armies GW has and really do like the look of what’s been posted so far. Lets just see how the book is though, now that’s what I’m real interest in!

Thanks again

gIL^:

They look great, It makes me exited to think what there going to do with Wood Elves “IF” they get round to it.

Samanos:

�T think that these archers are a different unit than maiden guard. link below has pretty much the same pics but also includes a hoeth battlemage (!) and a maidenguard model.

New Pictures Leak - Ulthuan

Geist:

Why worrie about drain magic? As it currently stands its a +3 to a casting cost and in this edition only truly effective if you stack it with more than one casting. The new spell will more than likely work better in the current meta, but as a signature it wont be that over the top. Don’t worrie about it, killing a mage is still a relatively easy task.

Vogon:

I fear that one of my regular opponents may be getting a few upgrades.

There are some nice looking models there but what are those archer things with the blue flaming bows?

Cheers

Vogon

Bassman:

Finally decent looking High Elves! Still false Elves but at least good looking :slight_smile:

tjub:

Like em! :slight_smile:

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Bolg:

There are a few really big gaps near all the wings of the flying creatures… and everything really shouts plastic

But In wonder what they will do with the rules, I do hope they lose the always strike firste with greatweapons and that terrible book of total power.

There are no woodelf rumors right?

rpitts2004:

There are a few really big gaps near all the wings of the flying creatures... and everything really shouts _plastic_

But In wonder what they will do with the rules, I do hope they lose the always strike firste with greatweapons and that terrible book of total power.

There are no woodelf rumors right?

Bolg
No wood elf rumors except late this year early next year. The high elves are losing always strikes first and gaining martial prowess army wide ( fight in extra rank)

Please note these are still rumors

French_noodle:

I mostly hate these models, but i hate GW’s High Elves, so maybe it does not count.

I am happy the queen (alarielle ?) is back, because she is an important part of the warhammer background. But i really hate this new model : her crown, far too big wand and ridiculously high hair are making me thinking about some sailormoon-style cosplay. On the other hand, the face (probably because of the painting) is … well i don’t know how to say it without being rude in English, but she looks like the old bartender in some house in eastern europe where you can pay for some fun with ladies, see what i mean ?.. Now imagine the same bartender dressed up like sailormoon, and i think you’re not too far from this model :o

Eagles chariot. I don’t have any problems with illogical models. It’s magic, it can flies, all right. Definitely don’t like the concept anyway.

Still, the guy with the banner is one of the few GW Elves models i will ever find really cool. Very charismatic IMO.

Maiden Guard’s bows are looking great. Sure hope wood-freaks will have the same, they deserve it. Faces seem to be al the same, which would be a shame seeing Dragon Princes have various expressions.

Shadow Warriors, at last, will be able to make it to Mordheim, the only place where High Elves can get dirty enough to be respected :cheers

++ Hate to paint these guys too…:hat

Baggronor:

Magicy bows look cool. Eagle chariot possibly daftest thing ever.

Shadow Warriors look good, though paint scheme too bright. Hero bloke looks nice.

They are still HEs though :sick Bring on the DEs!! …Ahem, I mean make more CDs!!

Goltor Lintrepide:

Everything looks cool exept the eagle chariot and the magic blue phoenix.

vulcanologist:

I like them…but…come on…High Elves?? GW always seem to be releasing High Elf stuff! Or does it just seem like it?! Where are the Dwarfs or Wood Elves or Brettonians ? (not that I care about the latter two of course and only look forward to Dwarfs for conversion potential!)

RichardC1967:

I heard that the flying chariot thingy also comes with a bolt thrower option…