[Archive] New High Elves

Yodrin:

I heard that the flying chariot thingy also comes with a bolt thrower option...

RichardC1967
I think it does yes

Hashut’s Blessing:

I don’t seem to be able to see the flying chariot thing or heroes you guys are talking about. But all I can think is - Ice phoenix? Why does it have snowflakes stuck to it? GIANT-ass snowflakes.

Vogon:

I don't seem to be able to see the flying chariot thing or heroes you guys are talking about. But all I can think is - Ice phoenix? Why does it have snowflakes stuck to it? GIANT-ass snowflakes.

Hashut's Blessing
Not sure I'm supposed to do this but....

It seems a bit over the top but then i think the GW are trying to make their setting more individual than so that you have to go to GW to get your stuff.

Loads of companies have High Elf style models but with a flying chariot pulled by a giant eagle they have more chance of calling it *their* IP

Cheers

Vogon

RichardC1967:

I heard that the flying chariot thingy also comes with a bolt thrower option...

RichardC1967
I think it does yes

Yodrin
if you look at the picture of the Phoenix Riders in the link, right above the red and blue Phoenix seems to be two bolt thrower flying chariots...kinda nasty if you get behind your opponents lines

Skink:

Just uploaded on GW’s blog:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/blog.jsp?pid=8900048

FINALLY the hairstyle of Alarielle makes sense (check the 360° spinny gizmo). I like  the new minis!!! Even the flying chariot seems pretty (it’s all about being pretty with elves isn’t it?). The wings of the Phoenix can be used for a Taurus conversion maybe???

ViLe:

ok guys just took a first look over the book… looks alright nothing to imba imho, well the new magic bows with bs5 maybe…  BUT those dumb gw writers gave them asf again, i cant believe it.  
I hope they will give all Elfs now the ASF rule while the new books will be released otherwise it feels just so wrong to me. Its more than just unjustifiable to give a whole army the ASF rule as an army special rule especially if there are two other armies consisting of the same race.
just too ridiculous imho.

what do you think?

Thommy H:

I think it’s fine. They pay the points for it, so who cares?

Vogon:

ok guys just took a first look over the book... looks alright nothing to imba imho, well the new magic bows with bs5 maybe..  BUT those dumb gw writers gave them asf again, i cant believe it.  
I hope they will give all Elfs now the ASF rule while the new books will be released otherwise it feels just so wrong to me. Its more than just unjustifiable to give a whole army the ASF rule as an army special rule especially if there are two other armies consisting of the same race.
just too ridiculous imho.

what do you think?

ViLe
Well one thing is that it is "Always Strikes First" and not "Speed of Asuryan" so anything with a great weapon will be striking in it's initiative order (so usually first) but won't get the re-rolls for any misses.

One thing that gets my goat is the Banner of the World Dragon. 50 points and gives a 2+ ward save against any Magic, magical attacks and magic weapons. So a huge bunker of White Lions with all the heroes on foot in there and that's daemons screwed.

Cheers

Vogon

Thommy H:

One thing that gets my goat is the Banner of the World Dragon. 50 points and gives a 2+ ward save against any Magic, magical attacks and magic weapons. So a huge bunker of White Lions with all the heroes on foot in there and that's daemons screwed.
There's a 39-page thread about this on Warseer. It's pretty funny.

Skink:

Thommy, can you post a link to this thread? Thanks.

Time of Madness:

There’s also a 23 page thread on the Warhammer Forum about the same banner.

And one on the Daemonic Legion website.

Bottom line is the banner is too cheap for what it does. It should have been made an upgrade for dragon princes only. Like the flag of bloodkeep for blood knights and priced at 75pts.

Time of Madness

Thommy H:

Here.

762 posts and going strong. This is what happens when a species stays on top of the food chain for a million years.

Geist:

and the funny part is demons were and are a relatively new race in the warhammer army books selection. I rember a time when demons were not even an official army. Demons are hurt but they can still fight for a draw. In the end a good general can make do even with the worse possible options. Do I want to be that general making that tactical play? Hell no!!

Vogon:

As one of my back up armies is daemons and one of my regular opponents’ primary armies is High Elves we’ve already discussed it and he’s agreed in the interests of us both having a fun game if he knows I’m bringing Daemons he won’t use it (unless it’s in a tournament setting).

I started looking at the Warseer Thread but I ran out of time this morning and it’s blocked at work.

Cheers

Vogon

P.S. the link to Daemonic Legion at the bottom of the page seems to take you to a Japanese page for something random.

Zuh-Khinie:

GW errata’ed the Tau rulebook within a few days after its release… I expect the High Elves to be treated the same way. Not that I really care as a CD and Bretonnia player, I just don’t have that many magical attacks. :slight_smile:

Samanos:

Here.

762 posts and going strong. This is what happens when a species stays on top of the food chain for a million years.

Thommy H
lol there is this guy who says that they benefit from the 2+ ward even against dwellers and other nuke spells. he doesnt seem to have noticed the ''ignore saves of any kind'' part that nuke spells have :P.

snowblizz:

lol there is this guy who says that they benefit from the 2+ ward even against dwellers and other nuke spells. he doesnt seem to have noticed the ''ignore saves of any kind'' part that nuke spells have :P.

Samanos
Deamon players. Not know for their subtlety...

I have a Deamons army somewhere so it's ok to say it right?

For an army that for the better part of 2 editions was called immune to Warhammer this is I have to admit somewhat hilarious.

Bolg:

One thing that gets my goat is the Banner of the World Dragon.  50 points and gives a 2+ ward save against any Magic, magical attacks and magic weapons.  So a huge bunker of White Lions with all the heroes on foot in there and that's daemons screwed.

Vogon

There's a 39-page thread about this on Warseer. It's pretty funny.

Thommy H
There's also a 23 page thread on the Warhammer Forum about the same banner.

And one on the Daemonic Legion website.

Time of Madness
Hahahahahaaa, that so funny, I hope GW gets that they really dropped the ball on this one. I hope they get oodles of hatemail for this mistake. (and I think many tournaments will ban or adjust it very very soon.)

Really happy the dropped the speed of thingy to always strike first, thats a huge difference.

Thommy H:

Yeah, they really dropped the ball on this one magic item which is literally the only thing anyone can find to complain about in this book.

Yodrin:

Should be re-named, Banner of true OP :slight_smile: