[Archive] New K'daai Destroyer WIP

Thommy H:

From Games Day. I’ll say this for it: it’s certainly a model of some kind.

Sticklander:

I have a feeling that because of the amount of time it’s taking for it to be completed, and by it’s look, that the sculptor doesn’t really know where he’s going with it.

gIL^:

I don’t kn… Why has he… what is th… WHAT?!

Yodrin:

Hmmmmm, seems like bits from a trashcan put together!!!

Willmark:

Apparently we have entered 40k…

Averrucus:

ugh.

surely not my cup of tea.

and suddenly my Iron Monger K’daii is more Fantasy than the real model. lol.

Chico:

Lets be fair… its shite. heh

Zanko:

This model is one of the worst and ugliest I have ever seen! :mad

:hashut

lukealexandermorton:

An absolute disgrace why can’t he just copy the monster arcanum picture that amazing and all the other sculptors have copied art work. What a waist of time and money

Thommy H:

The big problem with the Destroyer is that they clearly had no idea what it was when they wrote the rules and description for it. This is what happens when you write rules that are divorced from models or at least concept art - it’s just “generic fiery monster”, and that’s why we have wildly different illustrations in Tamurkhan (magma bull thing) and Monstrous Arcanum (metal beetle thing). If they’d just…you know…figured out some internally consistent imagery for what it was, maybe based it on the existing background (like a melee version of the Hellcannon, for example) they wouldn’t be struggling to depict it now.

Skink:

It never happened.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

gIL^:

Worse still it will be £70 or even £80

lukealexandermorton:

The monster arcanum is a perfect example metal armour bull with bad ass arms what else do you need …:slight_smile:

Willmark:

The big problem with the Destroyer is that they clearly had no idea what it was when they wrote the rules and description for it. This is what happens when you write rules that are divorced from models or at least concept art - it's just "generic fiery monster", and that's why we have wildly different illustrations in Tamurkhan (magma bull thing) and Monstrous Arcanum (metal beetle thing). If they'd just...you know...figured out some internally consistent imagery for what it was, maybe based it on the existing background (like a melee version of the Hellcannon, for example) they wouldn't be struggling to depict it now.

Thommy H
^pretty much this.

This is the definition of "throw something at the wall and see what sticks" both in terms of rules and the model.

Discoking:

Absolute disgrace - From the feedback given the last time images were released;

Nothing has “improved”.

& from the fact they spelt K’daai wrong & it’s still WIP, I hope it has another year of development.

This model is currently awful. & if it’s released similarly to its current design, I sincerely hope it fails.

Only people who play in GW shops & WHW would ever buy it.

:frowning:

Skink:

Absolute disgrace - From the feedback given the last time images were released;
Nothing has "improved".

& from the fact they spelt K'daai wrong & it's still WIP, I hope it has another year of development.

This model is currently awful. & if it's released similarly to its current design, I sincerely hope it fails.
Only people who play in GW shops & WHW would ever buy it.

:(

Discoking
Not even them if you consider that there are a lot of viable GW alternatives.

Geist:

Right where to start, looks like an black orc head on a massive scale with that silly orc neck guard helmet thing running under the jaw line, only this one goes out to silly long horns. I live in Texas and horns like those are almost never seen on cows, steer have horns that go up and forward in odd jutting angles. Point is not side by side like that.

Next the arm guards look exactly like a knock off of the same ones that the tombkings necro sphinx has.

The angle of the body makes me think that it has short legs again.

Overall from what I can see in that picture it feels too clunky and too many flat edged surfaces.

A destroyer should look like a giant skeletal frame work with fire licking up and down the entire thing. I based my creation on the fluff and it came out fairly good (in my opion) for being fully scratch built.

One day when I figure out picture fu I will put a pick of mine on here. FYI mine has no legs he rides a wave of flame/magma.

Nicodemus:

Thanks for the post Thommy!! I see some bits on there that would be worth keeping for a conversion, but from what I can see so far I’d be going with a very different look/design.

I really like everything else from the Warhammer Forge CD line, so I guess they’d allowed to have something I don’t care for or that’s not exciting. It’s just too bad that it’s this.

~N

Ugly Green Trog:

I saw this today and it looks alot better in person the pic is an unflattering angle. But it isn’t amazing but the detailing on the engraved armour is nice. It’s back end is quite cool.

JMR:

I think it looks pretty interesting actually. It’s nice to see something out of the norm.