[Archive] New K'daai Destroyer WIP

Zuh-Khinie:

I generally dislike the model… however, I like the fact that it’s rear-end resembles that of a juggernaught of Khorne.

Seeing as we build those for the hideous host from the North, why don’t we just build a very big one? Would make for a cooler front-end on that mini than the one they’re making now.

cornixt:

The silly spindly back legs are still there, and I still don’t really know what to make of the rest of it. Some of it looks good, some just random armour in weird places. Give it some meaty back legs and it will look much more like the monster it is supposed to be, even if a bit ugly/weird.

Thommy H:

It’s not a bad model per se it’s just…what is it? There’s no focus for the concept. It’s supposed to be a bound daemon inside a shell of ensorcelled iron, right? Well then, why can we see flesh? It looks like a living creature. It should look mechanical, or something like the Fireborn anyway. That’s a simple concept executed well (although I think they should look more squat and dwarfish - they don’t fit the aesthetic of the rest of the army), but this is just…big armoured monster.

Danzig:

I kinda like it… but I kinda like the Maulerfiend too. They look pretty similar.

The price/size will make or break it for me.

It’s still a let down though. It looks a lot like it did the last time we saw it. I guess they haven’t had too much time to work on it, too busy making more Space Marine shoulder pads.

ClawLeader:

It has its up and downs. Not flattered with it for the CDs but it isn’t terrible. Just not what we normally invision.

Looks like a sick Titan

Grimbold Blackhammer:

Forge World generally puts out some really fantastic figs but this may be the worst interpretation of something I’ve seen them attempt. I’m not sure why they’re having such a hard time with this but whatever is in the picture, it’s just…bad. Like ‘no one will buy that model’ kind of bad. I’m not sure who the sculptor is but I think he’s missing the mark. Might even say this is a start fresh kind of project.

I feel bad for criticizing so harshly.

gIL^:

If theres more pics please link them :smiley:

BABIS:

It's not a bad model per se it's just...what is it? There's no focus for the concept. It's supposed to be a bound daemon inside a shell of ensorcelled iron, right? Well then, why can we see flesh? It looks like a living creature. It should look mechanical, or something like the Fireborn anyway. That's a simple concept executed well (although I think they should look more squat and dwarfish - they don't fit the aesthetic of the rest of the army), but this is just...big armoured monster.

Thommy H
so true....

Soulassassin:

I think TommyH has a good point regarding the mish-mash of concepts. Hard to really tell how good/bad the model is without more pictures.

I think he looks a bit sad though :frowning:

Skink:

Agree with the mish-mahs of concepts. But this is so frustrating, I wanted the flaming bull appearing on Tamurkhan since the first time I saw it as a leaked picture. And not this hideous monstrosity.

The Odor:

… Is it just me or does it look far to Orky?? Like a greater daemon of Mork or something…

Fuggit Khan:

I have a feeling that because of the amount of time it's taking for it to be completed, and by it's look, that the sculptor doesn't really know where he's going with it.

Sticklander
So true...the sculptor seems to be all over the place, not sure where he's going with this thing. But I'd like to give the sculptor some advice as to where it should be going: the trash.  :hashut

Skink:

I have a feeling that because of the amount of time it's taking for it to be completed, and by it's look, that the sculptor doesn't really know where he's going with it.

Sticklander
So true...the sculptor seems to be all over the place, not sure where he's going with this thing. But I'd like to give the sculptor some advice as to where it should be going: the trash.  :hashut

Fuggit Khan
Amen. I remember that when he first showed the sculpt somebody asked him about the concept and he answered "I haven't even read it's fluff".

cornixt:

Here are few of the other pictures, poached from the Gamesday thread:

BABIS:

Here are few of the other pictures, poached from the Gamesday thread:

cornixt
"K'DAI"

I have no words O_O

RiTides:

Those pics are a lot better, cornixt! Thanks :slight_smile:

I actually think it’s alright when not viewed only from the front, I like the stance… and of course the fact that it’s based on a bull.

Bitterman:

Horrible, horrible, horrible.

I guess I’d better convert my own after all.

They could have based it on any of the concept art, all of it was better. Or even ripped off some of the ideas from this very site (there’s plenty of good ones), I don’t think anyone would have really minded.

The sad thing is, when that comes out and no-one buys it, they’ll probably conclude there’s no demand for Chaos Dwarfs…

Vogon:

I love it and will keep badgering Forge World until it’s released.

Seeing it in person is well worth it.

Cheers

Vogon

wallacer:

According to a guy who spoke to Alan Bligh at Gamesday “The K’daai Destroyer is a work in progress. It is meant to represent the god Hashut and that it might need a bit of remodelling so that it doesn’t look like a 40k demon engine”.

Vogon:

Well I spoke directly to Steve Whitehead who is sculpting it and he says the issue is around making it work in the moulding process and the fact because it’s a freelance piece it keeps getting pushed back behind Heresy product and it’s half moulded but on hold. I’m not sure that he’s going to do any ore sculpting work on it.

Cheers

Vogon