[Archive] New LOTR Cave Drake Model

Xander:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod900147a

This is a pretty sweet model and would make for an excellent Dark Elf monster.  Also would make a very good aquatic sea monster.

What do you guys think of this new miniature?

nitroglysarine:

that’s one of the best monsters i’ve seen GW do.

nice! do they have a new monster sculptor or something?

Thommy H:

Better than the other LOTR dragon, certainly.

Xander:

Better than the other LOTR dragon, certainly.

Thommy H
I concur with you there.  

A pair of wings on this could also like quite nice.

aka_mythos:

Its pieces like this that make me feel GW is a victim of their own success. That the popularity of Warhammer and 40k has meant that they have been forced to do stylized models to those games aesthetics and we lose out on more models that are as nice as this.

Kered:

That model is just amazing, I must find a use for it.

Fequiil:

i think it’s a really nice model.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Very nice! I wish they’d make LOTR models in scale with Fantasy Warhammer. I’d like to use their Dwarfs as alternatives for my CD’s.

Grimstonefire:

I think big monsters are much more forgiving in scale than regular models (I considered isengard trolls for a CD unit before I looked at the price).

This dragon is MUCH better than the previous one, which imo was probably one of the top 3 worst GW models of all time.

zobo1942:

Really nice! I wonder what it would look like with some fell beast wings?

Edit: Also, it’s metal, which is a bit of a surprise!

Zanko:

Nice dragon … but nothing extraordinary! :~

In comparison with most other GW dragons this model is quite cool but there are much better ones from other companies like Reaper, Ral Partha, …!

:hashut

m3lvin:

Brilliant!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Well it’s a clichée dragon, nothing special style-wise, but a nifty model and great sculpt. And the paintjob on this particular one is awesome IMO. :hat off

Obsidian:

I like it!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Baggronor:

:o holy crap, I might just get that for my DEs. Its about a million times better than the Hydra model. I might even sculpt some extra heads for it… Love the little baby one next to it.

GRNDL:

Very nice! I wish they'd make LOTR models in scale with Fantasy Warhammer. I'd like to use their Dwarfs as alternatives for my CD's.

Tarrakk Blackhand
That is precisely why they don't make them in the same scale. So sales of one range isn't cannibalized by the others.

KillCow:

Two questions. One: is it plastic? Two is it a Perry brothers sculpt? After all they did the bulk of the big hat chaos dwarfs, and are my personal favorite sculptors. Its a shame they don’t do more for GW right now.

tjub:

I like this one, looks were “elfy”… :slight_smile:

slev:

brilliant. I love it. Now if only I can find a use for it…

warh:

Its Awesome!!! the best dragon GW made so far