[Archive] New Raging Heroes Lamassu!

Grimstonefire:

Check out this guy

http://www.ragingheroes.com/blogs/news/2153242-whod-buy-a-manticore

I realise it is a manticore, but for such an awesome model who would really care!?  ;)The tail would need some work obviously.  It is a reasonable price as well, considering the size and quality.

nitroglysarine:

i love that model!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Fallen246:

That looks fantastic.

Shakhorth:

:o WOW :o that’s an awesome miniature!!!

furrie:

I think it would make a great Lamassu

Bolg:

yes its beautiful. but it doesnt really fit whit most GW models I think…

tjub:

sweeet!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Obsidian:

With some work it might work indeed.

Golder Goldeater:

It is beautiful ;_; But I thin that converting it would ruin the model.

Grimstonefire:

Interestingly I believe that the picture above is actually a 3D render of the model. They will then 3D print it to make the master model.

They put the model up in 3D render form to get feedback, so it can be changed before printing.

Thommy H:

Call me when it’s actually a model.

Fequiil:

Call me when it's actually a model.

Thommy H
yes( well, don't call, just PM me:P)

nitroglysarine:

on a second look, i think it could make a cool ‘Greater Varghulf’ for a Vampire Counts army.

Think the spiny look of it makes it look very dark.

warh:

With a normal nose I think it would be awesome as a lamassu

Grimstonefire:

Lol. Either the Raging Heroes guys are reading this, or someone has mentioned our plans to them.

On a final note, some strange short people with leang beards and very big hats have been thinking abut converting it into a lamasu. This was something we hadn’t thought of… We might offer an alternate head that could be purchased separately.
Raging Heroes - Manticore WIP - Page 2 - Forum - DakkaDakka

Fequiil:

Lol.  Either the Raging Heroes guys are reading this, or someone has mentioned our plans to them.
On a final note, some strange short people with leang beards and very big hats have been thinking abut converting it into a lamasu. This was something we hadn't thought of... We might offer an alternate head that could be purchased separately.
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/30/324486.page

Grimstonefire
lolz, we're called "some strange short people with leang beards and very big hats".:P

nitroglysarine:

they are on to us, quick RUNNN!!!

cornixt:

lolz, we're called "some strange short people with leang beards and very big hats".:P

Fequiil
I resemble that remark! - physically, nothing to do with miniatures

The face only needs minor alteration to be less lion-like and it would fit very well. The GW Lammasu was very similar to the GW Manticore of the time anyway.

Da Crusha:

wow very cool model. with an alternate head it would most definitely be a lammasu. I don’t know if the tree would be right for cd volcanic region though. maybe if it was standing on jagged rock or something.

clam:

Raging Heroes does some rather interesting miniatures - but this isn’t their best. Looks more like a Beast of Khorne than a Manticore (IMO)

Till now - all miniatures have come in a 54mm and 28 mm scale.

Pictures are often the concept for the 54mm highly detailed ones - but their 28mm’s a cool to - but pricey.

The Manticore seems to be a single model release/one scale model - so it rather interesting how big it actually is.

And if you asked me - this is - till day - their best piece:

This was supposed to be my entry for GH XIII -if the could have delivered this in time - but they couldn’t guarantee it :frowning: