[Archive] New Raging Heroes Lamassu!

vulcanologist:

Wow … If they really do include that head variant put me down for one! Any news on riders legs grim??

nitroglysarine:

now thats a fine looking fella!

Blind Berzerker:

That new concept artwork looks quite interesting! Too bad I was thinking more along the lines of the ‘classical’ big hat look for my army, for which that would be looking too detailed and chaosy, but for the newer Masked style, that beast would rock!

This was supposed to be my entry for GH XIII -if the could have delivered this in time - but they couldn’t guarantee it :frowning:

clam
Now this one I do like. I’m thinking more along the lines of unit filler for a block of Warriors or possibly Hobbos; replace the cherub with a CD or Hobbo brandishing a whip, work the drums into something else (supplies, ammo etc) and you’re there! really cool potential indeed and not only for CD armies.

As mentioned, it would surely be appropriate as a Warshrine, be it with added embellishments of course.

Absolutely filed for future reference!:hat off

++EDIT++ :idea come to think of it; might that be a possible subject for a future Golden Hat? a ‘Unit Filler’ base? Be it square (2x2), or like the ‘Regiment Base’ (1x4)?

Unzul:

wow… fantastic model… how much it cost??

Da Crusha:

ooh love the lammasu head! good thing this thing is coming a long, I almost settled for the classical lammasu.

Grimstonefire:

And here is the Lamassu head sculpt!
We'll post more images of the completed sculpts coming up in the next few days.

The Manticore (and Lamassu) master is in its final 3D-printing stages. This means that the first resin casts should be ready for shipping around the 20th of December!

Many of you have asked about the possibility of pre-ordering the Manticore, so we will open the pre-orders towards the end of the week.

clam:

Awesome work there. It was very, very vice of you bringing the Lammasu to their attention.

Do we know how big it is? It looks gigantic - and you won’t probably not even be able to spot a dwarf rider :smiley:

Will seriously think about getting myself one of these.

Grimstonefire:

It looks quite big, but I think the smaller version (28mm scale) it’s not actually.  Looking at the early pics with the ruler next to them I think it’ll be perfect as a CD scale mount.  Big, but not huge.

The big version (54mm scale) would be very impressive.  Not sure if that would fit on 50mm or not.

nitroglysarine:

Now that’s cool!

next… the taurus! :smiley:

Fallen246:

And here is the Lamassu head sculpt!
We'll post more images of the completed sculpts coming up in the next few days.

The Manticore (and Lamassu) master is in its final 3D-printing stages. This means that the first resin casts should be ready for shipping around the 20th of December!

Many of you have asked about the possibility of pre-ordering the Manticore, so we will open the pre-orders towards the end of the week.
(Pics)

Grimstonefire
Must... accumulate... more... money...

fattdex:

http://www.ragingheroes.com/blogs/news/2378582-manticore-gets-a-lamassu-head

Oh yeah, I like

It is a headswap of their Manticore http://www.ragingheroes.com/blogs/news/2309242

May not be for everybody but looks nice to me

EDIT: whoops i didn’t realise this thread was here, i went looking in the news section

Edit #2  We tend to only use the news section for forum news and “Chaos Dwarf” news round ups from GW ;). - Grimstonefire

Grimstonefire:

Thread merged into this one. :wink:

I’ll update the thread title.

Thommy H:

This still isn’t technically a “model” though, is it? Call me when they’ve actually made the thing instead of rendered it on a computer.

Da Crusha:

Awesome work there. It was very, very vice of you bringing the Lammasu to their attention.

Do we know how big it is? It looks gigantic - and you won't probably not even be able to spot a dwarf rider :D

Will seriously think about getting myself one of these.

clam
it isnt too large, just right in my opinion. I can't wait!

Grimstonefire:

I am curious how they work out the base size on this one, as there wouldn’t normally be a use for a ‘monster’ that’s 30mm based.  It would be a little small for a chaos lord at that size.

It would have been nice if he was 20% bigger, as I wouldn’t need to find a base then. :slight_smile:

Da Crusha:

I would just cut away their base and put my own.

Raging Heroes:

I am curious how they work out the base size on this one, as there wouldn't normally be a use for a 'monster' that's 30mm based.  It would be a little small for a chaos lord at that size.

It would have been nice if he was 20% bigger, as I wouldn't need to find a base then. :)

Grimstonefire
Well, it turns out that you are pretty much getting your wish! We sent it for 3D printing last week and scaled the entire Manticore/Lamassu almost 20% larger. The base you see on the image above is now at 37mm instead of 32mm.
BTW, the base you see on this image is only there for scaling purposes, the actual mini will not have it.

dncswlf:

ZOINKS!!! wow…

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

cornixt:

Simply awesome

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Da Crusha:

umm :~ these pics were already posted on post #46