[Archive] New Skaven clanrat pics

Crube:

I think you may be right, although maybe not exactly as we’ve seen it before…

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

The Doomwheel is the only classic “artifice” model that they took away, unless someone can think of anything else

Kera foehunter:

so when did they take away the doomwheel !! i like that one the beat

are they going to still have the ratting gun guys

Baggronor:

Are they bringing back the Vermin Lord? He was always my favourite, I still have the model.

Swissdictator:

Are they bringing back the Vermin Lord? He was always my favourite, I still have the model.

Baggronor
Agreed, that would seal the deal for me and I'd pick up Skaven.

Kera foehunter:

Are these new clanrat are going to be a box set of 20 and you can make one of these 3figure

as a choise

Crube:

There’s still some debate as to whether they’ll be 10 or 20 to a box…

20 to a box is the side that currently seems to be winning - I dont think even GW would release something that needs 20+ as a minimum unit size in smaller boxes…

If we were to see Plastic Stormvermin, then I think we’d see 10s of them, but clanrats have to be in 20s surely…

Kera foehunter:

I would like to see them as 20 figures . Are they sill going to have the plague monks too,

i like them the best

turquois dwarf:

I think the static poses is because they are studio models. aparantly that is how it is with the dark elf knights, the studio ones look stiff but the models can be asembled in more dramatic poses.

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

They did say a while back that they would not be bringing back the Vermin Lord as it is seen to be to Daemonic - ie the preserve of chaos - but there is also rumours of it being a special character.

In all likleyhood they will come in packs of 20 for £18 and boxes of 10 for Stormvermin knowing GW, good question is what the price for them will be

Swissdictator:

Yeah, the Clanrats should (per figure) hopefully be rather cheap… due to the quantity needed. With the vast numbers needed there can be a price where it might be fairly cheap, but still provide big profits due to people buying so many…

I think the static poses is because they are studio models. aparantly that is how it is with the dark elf knights, the studio ones look stiff but the models can be asembled in more dramatic poses.

turquois dwarf
This is true, the heads actually molded so you have a slight arc with how you can pose it.

Grimstonefire:

@Kera

They are not replacing the Rat Ogres (shame) or the plaguemonks. I don’t know about anything else though. I’m guessing the warpfire throwers will be changed as the models look quite dated imo.

Seeing as there may be 3 of these portable weapons now they should just release them as a separate box so you can make any of them.

Astranagant:

With carved up Plague Monk or Goblin arms and Goblin heads these would make decent armored Hobbos, and would go well with my Plague Monk Sneaky Gitz/Bolt Thrower crews.

GRNDL:

From what I can tell, the current Warpfire throwers don’t look that different from when the Skaven first came out in 85/86 ish…

Crube:

Just so you know, clanrat plastics are £20 for 20 and stormvermin are £30 for 20.

And I think the Vermin Lord is making a return too…

Kera foehunter:

@Kera
They are not replacing the Rat Ogres (shame) or the plaguemonks.  I don't know about anything else though.  I'm guessing the warpfire throwers will be changed as the models look quite dated imo.

Seeing as there may be 3 of these portable weapons now they should just release them as a separate box so you can make any of them.

Grimstonefire
Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the monks and the rat ogres are what i like

clam:

Army book cover is revealed:

And a few more peaks are announced for tomorrow at the Astronomican at the GW web site

Swissdictator:

Very nice covert art. De, Skaven, and Lizards have been the only books with cover art that I have liked in 7th edition… which is highly amusing since they all have significant presence in the “New World”… though for the Skaven that’s historically speaking.

Thorne:

Anyone for Warhamster ? I like the old ones better I must admit. These look like a ral partha or even black tree design wrong proportioned skaven’ish’ copy.

Swissdictator:

Is it me or is the cover art fairly similar to the old one? Which is fine by me…