[Archive] New Skaven clanrat pics

SteveM:

Is it me or is the cover art fairly similar to the old one? Which is fine by me...

Swissdictator
Very similar, especially if you put the two covers side by side and compare how many elements are the same or similar (eg. colour palette, one character standing out in the centre of the cover, rats in foreground with shields, light source in upper right corner, etc ).

Kera foehunter:

it is a nice coveri like the underground look to

Swissdictator:

@SteveM: Yeah, it looks like the character standing out is also on a cannon, but I could be wrong.

Also the tide of rats underfoot.

I’ve always loved Skaven, the 6th edition book was perhaps the best of the 6th edition books in terms of writing and fluff (in my personal opinion). I always liked the concept too. If there are plastic Stormvermin… or a Vermin Lord… the odds are VERY likely I’ll build an army. Even if I decide not too, I’ll be buying the book without question.

I am excited to see what is revealed tomorrow. Even if plastic Stormvermin end up costing close to the current ones (I hope they don’t)… it will still be nice as they’ll be easier to convert. I want to give them all gas masks to make for a very skryre heavy feel.

Edit: I’m mildly surprised (I don’t know if I’d say upset) that some people reacted so negatively to the new ones! Especially after so much demand for new ones. Granted, I wasn’t one of the ones calling for new ones (aside from the tails, I though they were alright). Overall I think the new ones have a lot of potential. I’d need to see sprue pics, but it looks like they’ll look very skaven (strange armor and all). Plus 'eavy Metal seems hit or miss today. It could be their paint job or posing that is offsetting it. So I think waiting to see sprue pics might be in order, as they could be a lot of cool bits for customization.

CDblunderbuss:

Not too fond of these new Skaven, preferred the old ones. I’m gonna collect some Skaven (just a couple for Mordheim) but I’m gonna try and find some old models instead since I think they look a lot better.

Henroth:

wallacer
But the champion Clanrats is equal that gladiator rats by Peter Griffin. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWsXOxp4lZQ

wallacer:

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=6055

Its on page 2 of the Skaven Discussion

clam:

Yeah, I put it there. Didn’t think we needed a thread for every single picture that comes with Skaven. But maybe we could change the title to just ‘New Skaven pic’

slev:

Where this not a CD forum, I’d disagree :wink:

Loki:

Thats some cool artwork, cant wait to get my paws on this :slight_smile:

Crube:

Soon to be on the GW Astronomicon site…

Incoming: Skaven

�?" Article by Adam Troke

The Skaven are warped and mutated creatures, as much rat as man. They are hideous, hunched monsters, a grotesque parody of humanity - the stuff of nightmares given form. From their underground empire they plot the downfall of the other races, preparing for a day when they can rise up and usurp the civilised world.

As a race the Skaven fight as an innumerable horde, a chittering, squealing army of cruel and malicious warriors who, though individually weak, are incredibly dangerous in large numbers. Armed with notched blades and pilfered spears, the Skaven Clanrats are supported by towering war machines of incredible power - from the arcane technologies of the Doomwheel and Warp Lightning Cannon to the infernal magic of the Screaming Bell. With these ramshackle weapons of war in their midst, the Skaven are a truly terrifying and deadly foe.

This November, the Skaven are being set loose, with a 112-page army book packed full of detailed background, lavish artwork and all the rules you’ll need to unleash the Skaven on the battlefield. Of course, there’s also a dazzling array of fantastic new miniatures on their way too, including stunning multi-part plastic kits and finely detailed metal miniatures.

Keep an eye out for September’s issue of White Dwarf for even more tantalising Skaven news!

Warhammer Armies: Skaven - 112 pages of pure, rat-shaped awesomeness!

This plastic Clanrat is just one of the fantastic new Skaven miniatures coming this November
The picture is one shown in the first post of this thread…

112 pages… :squeak:

Baggronor:

Rude cover :slight_smile: Shame they’re not all of the same quality, the VCs cover is awful.

Border Reiver:

Anyone notice the similarity in a lot of the cover artwork?

Long line of troops either getting ready to strike an opponent that is just off picture, or shooting with a heroically posed fighter encouraging them to advance/keep steady? Or the biggest bad ass in the book charging forward on his “glorious” steed?

Swissdictator:

112 pages? Sounds like it will have lots of cool background… and/or rules, though I suspect the former.

Maybe they found a way for you to choose a clan like Vampires used to do with bloodlines?

SteveM:

They specifically mention the Doomwheel so I suppose that it is safe to assume it’ll be returning along with a new model.  Looks like the September WD will be worth buying this year.

Swissdictator:

I still say DE, Lizards, and now Skaven are the only 7th edition books with good cover art. The new Skaven one is VERY similar to the previous one as we discussed in the other thread. Plus it is 112 pages! WOW.

I do agree, the new VC book looks horrid!

Crube:

All the Sept WD has on Skaven is the box out shown in the 1st post of this thread…

SteveM:

All the Sept WD has on Skaven is the box out shown in the 1st post of this thread....

Crube
If that is the case then I'll save my US$9 for the October or November issue.

Crube:

…or hang around here / warseer / BoLS for the latest :smiley:

Swissdictator:

I’d keep an eye n the UnderEmpire too.

I’m all about cross promotion. :wink: