[Archive] New Vampire Counts Models

Merchant:

This sort of rules streamlining and removal is happening across both Warhammer lines and IMHO, not a good change. Its making army choices simpler, sure, but it also removes a lot of the depth that makes the game and hobby fun.

GRNDL
Thats' Right, and another funny thing about the new rules...
Necromancers cannot cast spells, well its' more rituals their are using now.

Another good thing about the old version of the VCs was, if I wanna play an Necromancer army will then I was able to - Having a Necromancer Lord as my army lord, now you have to play as a vampire and a vampire only. A little shame in my book.

torn:

just like to say i pre-ordered the new skellies for advanced heroquest bad guys,

glued them together, painted them, and guess what . . .

i did not enjoy it one bit. the plastics are fragile and fiddly, and a lot of the time the sprue overlaps pieces and has to be sliced off and filed. all the legs are in the same pose which is a kind of slouching forward pose. the shields have detailed fronts but not backs, even if they are obviously planks of wood.

once glued together they are still super fragile, and because of all the holes and pokey bits they stick to each other a lot.

ill admit their are a couple extras on the sprue, a few extra heads, command options etc, few extra sheilds, enough spears or swords to arm all ten with but not much extra. compared to the amount of extras you get with dwarfs its practically nothing.

ok so they do look cool at the end of the day, but they dont get a reccomendation from me.

Kera foehunter:

I got a group of 10 dire wolfs they kick but !!! there so much you can do with them wolfs my pirate hobos will look good on them.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Well I haven’t seen the new skeletons IRL, but when I saw this, I knew that anyone who has to assemble a few units of these is in big trouble. :slight_smile:

Vasquez:

just like to say i pre-ordered the new skellies for advanced heroquest bad guys,

glued them together, painted them, and guess what . . .

i did not enjoy it one bit. the plastics are fragile and fiddly, and a lot of the time the sprue overlaps pieces and has to be sliced off and filed. all the legs are in the same pose which is a kind of slouching forward pose. the shields have detailed fronts but not backs, even if they are obviously planks of wood.

once glued together they are still super fragile, and because of all the holes and pokey bits they stick to each other a lot.

ill admit their are a couple extras on the sprue, a few extra heads, command options etc, few extra sheilds, enough spears or swords to arm all ten with but not much extra. compared to the amount of extras you get with dwarfs its practically nothing.

ok so they do look cool at the end of the day, but they dont get a reccomendation from me.

torn
Got a box of 'em b*st*rd too.. I've never been so angry in my entire hobby-life! God, I hate those skelletons... Trying to make them stick together is like trying to roll a hellcannon up Mount Everest by yourself...! I just feel like hitting something.. again and again and again!

I can't say I'd recomend them to anyone... unless that someone had a fetish for glue and plastic all over...

Phew... I really needed to get that out... sorry, but cr*p... that really ruined my day for now... Don't feel like making any more figures today...

Ghrask Dragh:

that really ruined my day for now... Don't feel like making any more figures today...
Exactly the same just happened to me only with the new winged vampire, don't feel like doing anything miniature related today now :mad ******!!

Kera foehunter:

My dire wolf went togther with no problems.

torn:

metal models are all right, i just use the cyanoacrilate superglue (can get it from heresy) and you dont need any faff.

I spent three days trying to pin a dragon together, gave up, and just used that. solid hold first time, whole thing done in less than 10 mins. Plastic glue on the skeletons on the other hand . . . why dont they make everything as nice and easy to go together as space marines lol

Ingrown:

I’ve just got the new skellies and started building them, and I’ve got to say i like them, I could see them being a right pain to build but just be patient and only glue in two places before letting them dry. The models themselves are great and i quite like the slouching look, sort of ‘lumbering dead’ feel

torn:

I've just got the new skellies and started building them, and I've got to say i like them, I could see them being a right pain to build but just be patient and only glue in two places before letting them dry. The models themselves are great and i quite like the slouching look, sort of 'lumbering dead' feel

Ingrown
yeah they do look fantastic finished, i basically did 1 piece at a time, let it dry and then the next bit, and it was still a pain. i think it might be because the connecting area is very small with things off balanced so they move before the glue has set. the slouching legs are quite good but it would be nice to have a bit of variation.

Kera foehunter:

well i see how this is going Kera no new skellie for me.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Speaking of GW’s new undead range, have you seen Gamezone’s new zombie wolves recently? I think they rock, and I quite honestly can’t understand why GW cannot reach the same level of detail, but makes such crappy comic-wolves instead…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yxa65gOvc8

torn:

they are so evil!!!

why hasnt anyone else thought of a spinning round youtube video to show things off properly?

zagor66:

Its a bit dissapointing that there are only ten skellies instead of the original 20 in the box , rip off.But ill still end up buying them.

Kera foehunter:

those are soooo cooool undead wolves

AGPO:

So to conclude the minis have got worse and the cost of a unit of twenty has gone up by £6. In the last decade and a bit I’ve been in the hobby the cost f twenty skeletons has gone up by 140%. If thats the rate of inflation in the UK then I’m the bl**dy Chancellor.

I do like the new Dire Wolves (£12 for 2 units of 5 Chaos Hounds - what a snip!) and they at least are quick and easy to assemble, even if they’re not great to paint. Also as they are now in seperate armies and I painted mine all daemonic and bloody I can use them as Flesh Hounds as well