[Archive] New Warriors of Chaos Thread - Discussion of New Models, Army Book, Etc

wallacer:

The latest i’ve heard is that:

The Chaos Spearhead is released October 18th and contains the

following new models:

5 plastic Chaos Knights

5 plastic Marauder Horsemen

10 plastic Hounds

10 metal Chosen

Khorne Lord on Juggernaut

Mounted Undivided Lord

Wulfrik

Slaanesh Champion

Khorne Champion

Nurgle Sorcerer

Forsaken.

M6, 1+d3 attacks, chaos warrior statline, but comes with slightly less armor. Might not have frenzy.  Doesn’t cost much more than a warrior.

Chaos knights.

Str. 4. Magic weapons come base. Magic weapons make them become str. 5, and they can get lances. Mounts are daemonic, cause fear.

Chosen

WS6. Not sure about the other stats. Eye of the gods table, roll 2d6. On a 2 they become stupid. On a 7 nothing happens. They rest are +1 stat boosts apart from rolling an 11 or 12. An 11 is cause fear, if they cause fear they cause terror. On a 12 they get multiple boosts.

Marks of Chaos:

Khorne = Frenzy

Nurgle = -1 WS and BS for enemy when attacking or shooting the unit

Slaanesh = Itp, but ASF also for characters and I think Giants and Ogres.

Tzeentch = +1 ward save and +1 to cast if you are a wizard.

Army rule IS re-roll panic.

Gaze of the Gods table

you roll 2D6 in certain situations, which are:

Character wins a challenge (doesn’t include beating unit champs however)

Character kills a large target

Trolls regenerate 2 or more wounds

Characters can get Chaos Gifts aswell as Magic Items (much like how the

Vampire Powers work)

War Alter is IN!!! Sort of like a Chariot mounted Cauldron of Blood if you

will in that it is a chariot type model but gives benefits similar to the cauldron

Knights are S5 with magical attacks, or

at S6 with non-magical attacks, lance replaces the magic weapon.

On top of that, Chosen may roll at the start of the game and the War Alter

allows one unit per turn roll, as one of its benefits.

Horsemen and Giants can now be marked, and Ogres can be marked too.

Oh, and Ogres have Chaos Armour

There is a Troll special character who apparently is some kind of king for the brutes that appear in the new army list.

(these rumours come from Warseer via Warpmaster)

Ghrask Dragh:

There is a Troll special character who apparently is some kind of king for the brutes that appear in the new army list.

wallacer
That sounds awesome!

Cryonicleech:

By Khorne, this is great news. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! (and hashut…)

p.s., will we be receiving a new chaos warriors plastic box? 12 is a very saddening number.

Filipicusius:

Wallacer: Usually i don’t like what they do to the army lists nowdays, but this sounds AWESOME!!! I hope there is at least one character from Norsca, and that they include Aarbal the undefeated, Valnir the reaper, Dechala the denied one and Engrim van Hortsman. I am probably going to pick up my khorne army again.

Cryonicleech: Again with the Khorne thing…

Does Zhar Naggrund need an Inquisition?

Xander:

Ogres with Chaos Armour, hehe, cool.

Hashut’s Blessing:

For those that asked about Knights/Chosen being core, they must be as the only other thing that could be core in the spearhead is marauder horsemen. I annoyed to see two Khorne characters, a Nurgle one, a Slaaneshi one AND an Undivided one (what is Wulfrik, by the by?) and NO Tzeentch characters… Tzeentch seems to be getting left out lots recently (no new models with the daemons book, no Tzeentch models in the Chaos spearhead). Also, Khorne seems to be getting a lot of love: Daemons book, models-wise for daemons, models for mortals, Warriors artwork etc etc. I’m not sure I’m liking this. Also, what is the Gaze of the Gods thing? Tthat used to be a magic item… Also, what do you mean by trolls can regenerate two wounds? One thing I am glad to see is that Knights can now have lances again… Although, I find that magical attacks for them is a bit strange, really… Daemonic mounts? Do they only have 1W though? Fear because of the mounts, but I think that’s been added purely because of the reaction players facing them used to have.

Ghrask Dragh:

Yeah I read somewhere Tzeentch slept with GWs wife and now they don’t talk anymore :slight_smile: (credit to one of the guys on Warseer for that one, made me laugh anyway!)

GW go with whatever’s popular, probably the answer.

I would also like to know about Wulfrik?

snyggejygge:

Knights is definitly not core, marauder horsemen is core, as is hounds & they are the only core units in the spearhead, remember spearheads aren´t armydeals, they´re just new models arriving earlier for those hardcore fans (that´s why there so many characters).

I think that Tzeentch is left out once again not due to them having a grudge against Tzeentch, but rather because of warhammer online, the Chaos faction in that game is Tzeentch only & my guess is that they will release new models in the future which will look like the warhammer online models.

It has been cleared out that Chaos knights don´t ride daemonic steeds, that was just wishlisting, they will however have magical weapons granting them +1S for a total of S5, which they can replace w. lances (so S6 on the charge, but “only” S4 otherwise).

Wulfrik is a new character which I have never heard about, but according to rumours on warseer & COTEC it seems like he´s some marauder chieftain who knows every language in the world, running around challenging any enemy heroes he sees.

Gaze of the Gods used to be a chart on which you rolled when you played a gift on a character, to see whether that character was under the gaze of his patron god, depending on the roll it could happen some good things, nothing at all & some bad things, they just removed this in 5:th edition for a general Chaos gift you could play before the game instead & in 6:th edition it was removed alltogether for a magic item instead, so it´s nothing new & seems to be working pretty much like it used to.

As for trolls regenerating & rolling on the table, it will work like this:

If your troll get wounded say 3 times & manages to regenerate 2 of those wounds, the troll gets to roll on the Gaze of the Gods table, this represent mutations growing out instead of the normal bodypart.

wallacer:

I’ve heard on Warseer that GW are going to start staggering their release schedules (in other words releasing them in stages rather than in one big hunk with each new army book).

That means Tzeentch are probably part of the phase 2 releases for Chaos, no doubt (as someone mentioned previously) to capitalise on Warhammer Age of Reckoning (or whatever that computer game is called) which apparently has Tzeentch as the only Chaos God.

I hope there is at least one character from Norsca, and that they include Aarbal the undefeated

Filipicusius
There were rumours drifting around on Warseer that the dude on the Juggernaut was Aarbal, but they seem to have been quashed (although you could probably still use him as Aarbal if you wanted to).

Filipicusius:

wallacer: Hmmm, pitty. They seem to be removing a lot of the old characters, those lads at Games Workshop. We can always hope he is among the characters that doesn’t have a model.

So, Wulfrik? He knows every language in the world and his name includes “Wolf”. He apears to me to be very Norscan. I’m considering starting a new chaos army, as my khorne army is 'bout 8000p big, themed around Norsca.

Willmark:

Ahem, you mean like this?

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/6437

:hat off

Cryonicleech:

I annoyed to see two Khorne characters, a Nurgle one, a Slaaneshi one AND an Undivided one (what is Wulfrik, by the by?) and NO Tzeentch characters... Tzeentch seems to be getting left out lots recently (no new models with the daemons book, no Tzeentch models in the Chaos spearhead). Also, Khorne seems to be getting a lot of love: Daemons book, models-wise for daemons, models for mortals, Warriors artwork etc etc. I'm not sure I'm liking this.

Hashut's Blessing
I've noticed that too. When I heard about the new daemons army, the first thing i thought was building a Tzeentch host. But after i noticed NO new plastics for ANY Tzeentch models, I lost faith in the horrible schemer. Khorne showed me the light though, and now I am born anew.

Perhaps you're right snyggejygge, and even though I am Khorne's number 1 fanboy, I hope that Tzeentch recieves some love.

@Filipiscusis: Yes, Khorne. And bring down your inquisition, I will strike it down.

Filipicusius:

@Cryonicleech: Who said anything about me coming to you? I simply challenge you on a duel! You will find me on the far side of the lava pit.

And to the rest of you! Tomorrows lunch will be roasted heretic!

Cryonicleech:

@Cryonicleech: Who said anything about me coming to you? I simply challenge you on a duel! You will find me on the far side of the lava pit.

And to the rest of you! Tomorrows lunch will be roasted heretic!

Filipicusius
It matters not if I win or lose, simply that the blood god is appeased. He cares not from who the blood flows, just that it does!

anyway I found something on 40konline and thought I should share it

Rumoured list so far:

Special Rules:
'Mark of Chaos Undivided' no longer exists. Instead, it is an army-wide Special Rule justified by the fact that Norsemen are Just That Hard.
The other marks have also been changed. How is not specified, although I for one pray to Tzeentch not to 'bless' each of my Warriors with a Talisman of Protection.
The marks are, as in Daemon armies, designed to work together, although this is somewhat less integral (in this army the marks, if any, decide a bonus, not the whole statline). Norsemen tribes only rarely fully dedicate themselves to a single god, treating the Chaos Gods as a proper pantheon for the most part.

Lord of Chaos
Sorcerer Lord
Daemon Prince

Exalted Champion
Aspiring Champion
Chaos Sorcerer
?Rumoured New Character?: (a greater variety of characters was talked about in the Chamber of the Everchosen)

Warriors of Chaos: Points drop, new marks
Chosen Warriors: Seperate entry, new marks. Points drop? New models?
Marauders: Points drop.
Marauder Horsemen: New plastic models, points drop.
Chaos Cultists: Human stats, Ld6, 2 Handweapons, no armour. May be 'Marked' in a similar manner to Spawn. (eg. different effects)
Warhounds of Chaos: New, plastic models.

Chaos Chariot: Points drop, new Marks. New plastic model.
Knights of Chaos
Chosen Knights: Now a seperate unit choice. 'Stats to rape a Blood Knight'. May ride Daemonic Steeds.
Forsaken Warriors: Infantry unit - halfway between Chaos Spawn and Chaos Warrior.
'Chaos Brutes': As-yet unnamed Ogre unit - may be upgraded to Troll-kin, Ogre-kin or Were-kin. If Dragon Ogres are not in the list, there might also be a Drake-kin option.

Chaos Spawn: As now, 'Marks' altered.
Hellcannon: As now, no Daemonic Gifts, possibly only takes one Rare choice.
Chaos Giant: As now.
Dragon Ogres: May appear in the list as either a Rare choice or an option for being Drake-kin. Main evidence for this is the 'Lightning God' Special Character (see below).

Special Characters:
Archaon and Galrauch return.
A new Slaaneshi character with the visuals of an angel, who has Stupidity due to occasionally becoming enraptured with his own reflection in a mirror-shield.
A new Shaggoth character known as 'The Lightning God'.
Archaon may, in the same manner as Mannfred from the Vampire Counts book, be taken from different eras.

Other Rumoured Special Character set-up:
Archaon the Destined - Archaon in the middle of his rise to power
Archaon the Everchosen - As in the current book, with the new rules for Marks incorporated
Archaon the Once-Vanquished - Archaon after his defeat in the Storm of Chaos?
Crom the Conqueror - Undivided Lord that gives bonuses to Marauders
Arbaal the Undefeated - Juggernaut mounted Khorne Lord with special greatweapon
Valnir the Reaper - Nurgle Lord with special Flail. VERY hard to kill
Dechala the Denied - Slaanesh Hero with special dances
Aekold the Lifebringer - Tzeentch Hero that gives Regeneration

zorn sabretooth:

if wulfrik doesn’t have a beard

i’ll eat my (big) hat

Aekold the Lifebringer - Tzeentch Hero that gives Regeneration what kindof name is that !!! what was wrong with hellbrass!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

khorne ftw!!!

Cryonicleech:

They probably ran out of ideas, he he he.

Also, Valnir the Reaper??

P.S. The New Juggernaut is the model for Arbaal the Undefeated

snyggejygge:

Cryonicleech, those rumours are very old, they´re like 50 pages back on the warseer rumour thread, some corrections have been made since then:

Mark of Undivided is indeed gone, but it isn´t an armywide rule either, the armywide rule is “only” re-roll panic, while MOCU was re-roll all failed Psychology tests.

Marks is exaclty as wallacer said in his post.

Chaos cultists are NOT in the list, nor are Chaos brutes (instead we got Trolls, Chaos Ogres & Dragon Ogres).

Valnir the Reaper was called exactly the same in 5:th edition, so atleast his name didn´t change like Aekolds, the life bringer sounds quite stupid imo, even though that is his gift it sounded better just using his normal name.

There is only 1 version of Archaon according to the latest rumours on COTEC.

No sorry the Jugger rider is NOT Arbaal, it´s a generic Jugger riding character, has been cleared out on warseer by Hastings & Harry (the 2 most reliable sources yet).

Cryonicleech:

Oh, sorry bout that. I’m not too great with rumours. I was hoping for cultists though, silly little nutters.

cornixt:

Didn’t Arbaal ride a Flesh hound? I suppose he could get promoted

snyggejygge:

He rode THE flesh hound, it was way bigger than a normal flesh hound (atleast twice the size, bigger than a Juggernaut), from Champions of Chaos:

The Hound of Khorne:

The Hound of Khorne is the Blood God’s own Flesh Hound, a Daemon of huge proportions combining the attributes of a Flesh Hound with massive size and power. Only Khorne’s chosen Champion is rewarded with the Hound of Khorne, which the Champion rides in the fashion of a monstrous beast.

So riding a Jugger after that would hardly be a promotion…