[Archive] News from games Day Chicago - and VERY good ones!

Grahg the Elfmuncher:

NEWS: Gamesday Chicago-2009 LIVEfeed - Bell of Lost Souls

-Chaos Dwarves WILL be updated!
So after all that rumor-mongering it’s finally officially confirmed.
I guess it’s time to break out ale barrels?

Swissdictator:

It’s exciting, isn’t it?!

Grimstonefire:

We’ve been following this in the rumour speculation thread, but is one thread enough to contain all this excitement!?!?!  I doubt it. :slight_smile:

Still trying to find out what exactly ‘updated’ will mean, and from who.  But seeing as there’s been rumours that the rumoured race would be announced there and we hear CD as the only ones mentioned so far I think it’s safe to say that it has now been officially announced!

So finally we can start discussing it properly.

This should be a very entertaining year coming up.

Swissdictator:

Now I wish I had made it. :frowning:

snowblizz:

OOoohh… didn’t see that. Since there’s never any new rumours I don’t pay attention to the rumour thread! :stuck_out_tongue:

Ironically this means I have the problem of choosing between waiting for new miniatures or make them…

A great day nonetheless.

clam:

Says whom? - and when? We have heard it so many times before - like “if it’s up to the design studio” and “Chaos dwarf is still a big part of the Warhammer world”. Would really like to hear more about in what form this was announced - and by whom!

Skittles:

Well, suffice to say, Swiss and I ( mostly I, cause Swiss is too busy spreading his poster to every warhammer forum in existence ), have been monitoring the rumor mill. So far, I have yet to see anyone contradicting these claims, and I’ve seen at least one of the Warseer regulars posting in the same thread - assuming he’s read all of it, I would take this at least as a partial sign that it isn’t just wishful thinking.

Xander:

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

:slight_smile:

Willmark:

I’m cautiously optimistic, still need some confirmation, if this is indeed true then: [size=xx-large]rock on fellow Dawi Zharr![/size]

Hrothgar Goldgreed:

… can’t be … :o

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Willmark:

Again I caution patience my young padawan learners. We have no idea as to the context of the conversation and even if this was from someone in the know.

Anyone know if one of the design team was in Chicago for this?

Thommy H:

I don’t think this will be the new army. Just because they’re going to be done doesn’t mean they’re going to be done now.

GRNDL:

Oh god no, now its not going to be cool to be a fan of Chaos Dwarves anymore… /sigh

Well, unless you like Big Hats, anyway… Have at thee, Helm/Mask heads!!

Swissdictator:

“I played Chaos Dwarfs when we only had two pages of rules.”

“When I was your age I had to make my own Chaos Dwarfs!”

Thommy H:

I played Chaos Dwarfs when they had a compilation book made up of White Dwarf articles.

Baggronor:

‘I played Chaos Dwarfs back when they actually sold the models in stores’.

Rumours sound encouraging anyways :slight_smile:

Grimstonefire:

This was from the design studio seminar.  I think we could trust jervis to be in the know :wink:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?aId=400014a

I played chaos dwarfs before they were even invented and people threw rocks at dinosaurs for fun! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

cornixt:

So who said it, and can anyone confirm what they actually said?

Grimstonefire:

Bit of a time lag, I guess most people will be posting in the evening which would be early morning for us brits.

GRNDL:

I played chaos dwarfs before they were even invented and people threw rocks at dinosaurs for fun! ;P

Grimstonefire
Was that using the Tusk rules? And if so, 15mm or 6mm?