[Archive] News from games Day Chicago - and VERY good ones!

Grimstonefire:

15mm, and that was just the tusks! :slight_smile: (I started playing CD in 2005)

Kera foehunter:

you guys act like your going to the prom !! i want to see a book cover or a figure !!

then i decide

Thorne:

and big hats too Kera

Perturabo:

Must… not… wet… self!

I don’t want to get too excited about this untill we are absolutely definitely certainly 100% positive. Beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Still, good news! :slight_smile:

Grimstonefire:

The good thing now if this does prove to be correct is that we can all make informed decisions about spending/ time painting our current models etc.

It would have been extremely annoying if GW had kept it secret right up until the release of the cover/ pics of the majority of models (which we clearly won’t be getting before say january at the soonest, more like may).  Those on a tight budget need to plan for this a LOOOONG way in advance. I for one won’t be buying any new models for CD until I hear a lot more.

Kera foehunter:

im sorry but till there is a pictures Mear words don’t get me excited!!

mattbird:

seeing as how GW have been saying there will be new Chaos Dwarfs for years now, I find it hard to get excited about this without any details. It could easily be another “yes, we have plans for them, they will be back, not sure when.” just as they have been saying all along…

fingers crossed!

wallacer:

Well since i’ll almost certainly buy anything they release for CD i’d better start cutting back on my wargaming expenditure (especially if FW are going to be releasing some supporting models as well).

Encouraging news.

The Warseer thread is here:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211757

Skittles:

Ok, stuff I’ve found:

Angels Sanguine: News: Gamesday Chicago - Chaos Dwarfs Will be Updated!

According to here, CDs are confirmed for being a GW ( and not FW ) release, though big hats are being replaced by Masks ( like the Hellcannon crew ).

I’m still digging to see if I can find more sites and sources…

clam:

Not much news about that. No one at the studio likes the big hat - stated quite a few times during the years. And the Hats has always been given as excuse for selling so badly. They won’t do the same mistake twice :wink:

Would still like to know in what context this bit of news were given - but should this really be the new non-human race - 2010 could be an very exiting year here at CDO :smiley:

Xander:

I better finish my army pronto, so I can start another one. :wink:

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Yay! :cheers

Well seeing how long the Dark Eldar have been in the works now since it was confirmed by GW that they would get an update I would expect it will be anywhere between 1 and 3 years until we actually see any releases. I also wouldn’t say that one can already go into detail on how the miniatures will be designed, though I rather expect them to be a mixture of helmets and masks and not (snif) hats.

But hey, maybe they come up with something completely new and exciting in the end, instead of revisiting all the old designs that we already had 15 years ago…

Henroth:

YEEEES !! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

For end, one light to end of tunnel. :slight_smile:

Possible date of start ?

Loki:

What great news to wake up to this morning, lets hope its true :slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

like a true cd im stubborn !!!it sounds to good to be true !!

I’m Happy !!Buy are they going to be a dwarf army ???with dwarf rules

Grimstonefire:

Seeing as this is not a first wave of rumours, it is a confirmation of an update, I would expect serious rumours to start coming through say nov/dec for 2nd release in 2010, april/ may for 3rd release, maybe june/ july for 4th.  If GW tries to stick to the 6 month window… :wink:

If I had to put money on it I would say Q3 2010. If you relate that to this year that would translate to september or october. That way they can really hype it up at games day, maybe even getting people to part with their money for forgeworld advance orders.

So using my guesstimates that would mean serious leakage happening around april, with claims about how models look by june etc.  Anything between now and then may be limited to a couple of model greens, maybe some small rumours but nothing substantial about content.

Falter:

Excited about new book? Yes!
Affraid of removal of big hats? Yes!

I started playing Chaos Dwarfs because I found the hats super-duper-awesome!
Hoping for tall hats :hat, if no tall hats I might only buy the book and some new choices… Like immortals and such.

Orcs and goblins will prolly be removed from the list as well… And I just painted my black orcs …

Willmark:

If this turns out to be correct then we worry about the look of the models.

As far as my own opinion they are a forgone conclusion: aint happening again. YMMV so take as you will.

NOTE: we will NOT be engaging in flame wars about hats vs, non hats on this forum, everyone take note…

Grimstonefire:

NOTE: we will not be engaging in flame wars about hats vs, non hats on this forum, everyone take note...

Willmark
I agree 100% here willmark.

There are several things we will need to be discussing as a forum in the near future if this turns out to be a complete book (not RH #2 etc).

The new models will come down to take it or leave it, convert or accept, but don't complain either way! ;)  The prices we can all complain about.  Rules and general fluff we will have to accept, but this is worthy of a separate thread at some point.

Willmark:

And for the record with my own personal feeling of hats I don’t like um, by the same token if anyone wants to make their army with hats: have at it.

Bottom line is we will not tear ourselves apart with a “War” over them, not on my watch or the rest of the Staff for that matter.