[Archive] Newsletter due today

MartyF:

Cool, so whats the deal the deal with Golden daemon? Do you just turn up with a minature and fill in a form?

Vogon:

Pretty much.

You have to queue in a different location to the main event entrance and you get let into a certain part of the hall which is closed off from the rest abou thalf an hour earlier than the main doors open. Once inside a lot of people the queue up by the door to the main arena where all the stores are, though last year all the studio stuff was in the golden daemon area.

Ugly Green Trog:

did it last year but didnt go que up at the inner door, saw others doing it but used the chance for a quiet look around and as a result spent an hour and a half queing for the FW stand. this year I am running from the inner door to FW as fast as I can :slight_smile:

Vogon:

I’m with you there Ugly :slight_smile:

As you now have to pay in advance for all FW stuff you pre-order I may as well hoof it over there quickly. I just hope my daughter can keep up.

Vogon:

Just noticed this on the GW website.

Tamurkhan: Throne of Chaos is the first new Warhammer Expansion from Warhammer Forge, and it will be available for you to look through, together with Forge World’s other new projects at this year’s Games Day.

and here’s the link

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?aId=17900005a

That doesn’t look promising

Ugly Green Trog:

GRRRRR I don’t want to look through it I want to buy it, Hashut damn you GW for once im actually begging you to take my money! Still If I can’t buy it I will save money as I won’t buy any CD without first looking through the book so I will prob only buy a few knick-knacks for my heresy era BA

Galladorn:

All I ask is a high resolution camera be present during a viewing of the book…

rabotak:

All I ask is a high resolution camera be present during a viewing of the book...

Galladorn
+1
I will buy the book anyway, no matter the cost, but some unofficial sneak peeks ... :yar

Time of Madness:

Just got off the phone with my contact at Forge World and it is bad news for those attending Games Day :frowning:

The finished Tamurkhan book will be on display to look at and to view. However they will not have any forsale as the book has just recently been sent to the printers and won’t be ready for a couple of months (end of Oct - start of Nov).

They will be doing pre-ordrs for the book at Games Day. Pre-orders for the rest of the world/public will begin at the end of Sept.

Time of Madness

fonejaker:

Just got off the phone with my contact at Forge World and it is bad news for those attending Games Day :(

The finished Tamurkhan book will be on display to look at and to view. However they will not have any forsale as the book has just recently been sent to the printers and won't be ready for a couple of months (end of Oct - start of Nov).

They will be doing pre-ordrs for the book at Games Day. Pre-orders for the rest of the world/public will begin at the end of Sept.

Time of Madness

Time of Madness
MY FACE WHEN SEEING THIS

Time of Madness:

Also forgot to mention that the experimental chaos dwarf rules/point costs for the models already released did not change.

Time of Madness

wallacer:

The finished Tamurkhan book will be on display to look at and to view. However they will not have any forsale ... Pre-orders for the rest of the world/public will begin at the end of Sept.

fonejaker
Thanks for letting us know. I guess the end of September isn't too far away.

rabotak:

Also forgot to mention that the experimental chaos dwarf rules/point costs for the models already released did not change.
Time of Madness

Time of Madness
do you know if this also implies that the rules dont change as well?

Time of Madness:

Just to clarify the experimental rules for the following have not changed.

- Iron Daemon

- Deathshrieker

- Infernal Guard

- Magma Cannon

- Dreadquake

I’ve been told the rules you see on the Forge World website “experimental rules” for the Chaos Dwarf releases have not changed at all. So what you see should be in the book.

Hope that makes more sense now, sorry.

Time of Madness

Veshnakar:

Interesting! So the Infernal Guard are in fact core as opposed to what the French GD list says then rather than being an elite special choice. I wonder if that means the basic chaos dwarf warrior is out of the equasion for the Legion of Azgorh army list! Interesting indeed.

Time of Madness:

Interesting! So the Infernal Guard are in fact core as opposed to what the French GD list says then rather than being an elite special choice. I wonder if that means the basic chaos dwarf warrior is out of the equasion for the Legion of Azgorh army list! Interesting indeed.

Veshnakar
Ya to be honest that was one of the things I thought would be changed. It makes more sense for them to be a special choice.

You may see people just taking infernal guard for 11pts instead of the basic warriors at 8pts. Is an extra +1S worth 3 pts? I'm not sure really.

Time of Madness

Nicodemus:

I think the idea is that the Infernal Guard are still a Core choice in a Legion of Azgorh army, but are a special choice in a WoC army that contains a Daemonsmith.  The basic CD Warriors are still in and are still Core.

As far as points go, you’re getting more than just +1S. For your 3 extra points you get the Shield, where as the Core Warriors have dropped the default HW & shield combo at 9pts, and it’s now just heavy armour and the HW for 8pts. IG also have the Blackshard Armour with the 4+ ward save and 5+ vs. flaming attacks… which is great armour for CDs to have, finally, not to mention the Fireglaive upgrade option (better range) and the Overseer has the pistol/Naptha bomb option as well.

Veshnakar:

Correct! But at the same time, having both the Chaos Dwarf Warriors and the Infernal Guard as a core choice seems a tad bit redundant as the Infernal Guard don’t exactly have “elite” stats like two attacks, or high weaponskill, like Chaos Warriors to Marauders for Warriors of Chaos.

As much as I would like to see some standard infantry with the curly beards of old, I think I am okay with just the infernal guard as our mainstay infantry, only assuming we get access to hobgoblin infantry as well.

OTOH this leaves a spot to be desired in the special choices for the forgeworld list. Perhaps we are intended to use Bull Centaur and the K’daai as our elite though.

All things aside, I am REALLY excited about the list and I can’t wait to get my hands on it! Everyone in my FLGS has already agreed that they are okay with me using it, and I spoke to 3 of 4 of the big tournament organizers in my area and they plan to accept it’s use in tournaments as well, assuming there’s nothing TOO over the top in the list.

:cheers

Hashut’s Blessing:

Frankly, I’m rather excited to know that it will definitely be viewable at GD and released for sale within a few months of that! Glad to know that Infernal Guard are core and I think it works fine: heavy infantry (not the heaviest) and slightly cheaper medium infantry, with hobgoblins as cheaper infantry. As said, those 3pts provide +1S, +1AS, a 5+ Ward against flaming attacks, a shield and access to fireglaives/magic banners/hailshot blunderbusses (may not be available to normal warriors).

Regardless, good that it’s confirmed :wink:

Coopervisor:

Veshnakar
That is good news for me. I was hoping infernal guard would stay as core. That way a good force can be built with figures already released / seen in WIP. Other wise for a new chaos dwarf player, the only other option would be to wait on the hobgoblins / cd warriors or get from another range.