[Archive] Official Chaos Dwarf Mentions Thread

Gilzam:

Should be if you use the Harvard Refrencing method?

I did it in university with books and websites so im guessing it would be ok if you used that method?

Still not 100% though :~

cornixt:

If you can get the full proper title (if that isn’t it), publishing date and page numbers, then I’ll add it to the [[Chaos Dwarf References]] page. I recently went through the Realm of Chaos books and added loads. There is a very interesting bit of fluff about the origins.

I was surprised to learn that both Realm of Chaos books are being exchanged on torrents.

wallacer:

I was surprised to learn that both Realm of Chaos books are being exchanged on torrents.

cornixt
It's not really that surprising.��Those books sell for a fortune on eBay, especially LaTD (I sold my copy for US$150).

Do you actually want me to type up the text and post it here, or do you just want the page numbers and reference info?

cornixt:

I don’t need the actual text (although I’m sure I’m not alone in wanting to read it), a brief description is fine.

wallacer:

Okee doke, i’ll gather the reference info and post it here tomorrow.

If anyone actually wants the text in it’s entirety posted here, let me know and i’ll type it up (although it may take a while).

Pyro Stick:

I found a mention in the old Undead book but since its not being published at the moment i didnt know if i should post it.

wallacer:

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay: Old World Bestiary, Black Industries, 2005.

Pages 17 - 19: contains a summary of the Chaos Dwarfs, as seen from the “Common View”, “Scholar’s Eye” and “Our own Words” (i.e. how the CD view themselves).

Pages 25 - 26: contains a summary of the Hobgoblins, as seen from the “Common View”, “Scholar’s Eye” and “Our own Words” (i.e. how the Hobgobs view themselves).

cornixt:

WHFRP stuff added. The page is for anything CD, ever, so an old Undead book is fine as a source.

wallacer:

WHFRP stuff added.

cornixt
Neat. If you want the full text, just let me know.

Pyro Stick:

Warhammer Armies: Undead

pg10:

The Plain of Bones

North of the kIngdom of the Ded, east of the Worlds edge mountains, lies the Plain of Bones. This is a desert land, despoiled by windblown pollutants carried from the furnaces and factories of the CHaos Dwarf Empire and ravaged by centuries of abuse by wandering tribes of orcs and goblins. The northern and eastern edges of this awful place about the empire of the Chaos Dwarfs is where the dread tower of Gorgoth looks out over the Desolation of Azgorh. The Southern boundary lies on the beaches of poisoned sand along the shores of the Sea of Dread.

Tallhat:

How very cool :slight_smile:

- Tallhat

Uzkul Werit:

Troll Slayer By William King

p21, Geheimnisnacht

’I have heard tales of whole armies of dwarfs dedicated to the Ruinous Powers.’ - Felix Jager

’We do not lightly talk about such things. We have vowed eternal war against the abominations you mention and their dark masters’. - Gotrek Gurnisson

Do we have a page on the wiki for Zhardrach from Palace of the Plague Lord yet?

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

white dwarf 153

page 37

paragraph 2/3 on the left hand side

Pyro Stick:

Posting what it says would be a good idea. I doubt many people have WD 153 lying about at hand.

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

i would do but i dont have it physicly with me at the moment.

basicly its about orc tribes and how the chaos dwarfs taught them to use metal, and that cd mages are particualy welcomed because of thier weapon enchanting prowess and they take orks as bodyguards

Pyro Stick:

i would do but i dont have it physicly with me at the moment.

basicly its about orc tribes and how the chaos dwarfs taught them to use metal, and that cd mages are particualy welcomed because of thier weapon enchanting prowess and they take orks as bodyguards

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!
Sounds awesome. Post it when you can. Dont you mean Weapon Enhancing? Thats like the fluff im writing for my army.

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

found it :cheers

The most complex relationship Orcs have with another intelligent race is that between thier tribes and Chaos Dwarfs. According to Orc belief, when the Orcs were simple brute creatures, without knowledge of metal or how to make weapons, it was the Chaos Dwarfs who taught them to construct warmachines, smelt iron, and fashion wargear. Even today, Goblins trade gold and captives with the Chaos Dwarfs which they sell on to the Orcs.

Chaos Dwarf mages are always made welcome in the Orc camps and treated with honour and respect. The Orcs rely on Chaos Dwarf Mages to help them make the most complex warmachines and magicly arcane devices. For thier part the Chaos Dwarf Mages recruit Orcs as bodyguards and take Goblin slaves and human captives who they put to work in thier sorcerous towers.

curlybeard:

The white dwarf magazine (either june/july 2007) the one with the free mighty empires sprue, has a whole mightyt empire map based on the realm of the cds, giving quite a lot of detail about the cds. they had painted the tiles as obsidian fields with lava rivers[/u] here is pic from their site

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

are there not chaos dwarfs in the last story of ignorant armies, they meet the chaos champion kurt von diel - yes the infamout von diel family :slight_smile:

also

cds are briefly mentioned in the new vampire counts book about zombie dragons and that the dragon cemetary is south of the cd realm

Grimstonefire:

I had a look in VC book today.

Anyone have this so we can add the direct quotes to the Wiki?

The timeline also mentions the Vorag/ Tower of Vorag thing, but doesn’t mention CD part in it at all.  So I think we can assume that the Plain of Bones and the Tower of Vorag are no longer part of the CD empire (if they ever were).