[Archive] Official Chaos Dwarf Mentions Thread

Xander:

Interesting discovery, I do not own the book however.

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

I had a look in VC book today.

Anyone have this so we can add the direct quotes to the Wiki?

The timeline also mentions the Vorag/ Tower of Vorag thing, but doesn't mention CD part in it at all.  So I think we can assume that the Plain of Bones and the Tower of Vorag are no longer part of the CD empire (if they ever were).

Grimstonefire
wasnt vorag the ghoul king who was eventually killed by a goblin bolt thrower

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

not entirley a chaos dwarf mention but very close, in the first blackheart book - cant remember the name - there are dwarfs making a cannon twice the size of a great cannon for the forces of chaos

a mention in the book The Heart of Chaos by Gav Thorpe

page 386

They had been even easier pickings than the elk, and the slaves Asdubar had captured had numbered many times over the number of warriors he commanded.

The stunted firemasters of the bleak lands to the south had been pleased and exchanged many fine swords and suits of armour for the slaves.

Xander:

Nice stuff. Was that the extent of it? What was the context? :slight_smile:

Hashut’s Blessing:

I recall another WHFRP book having a CD mention. I have a feeling it was Realms of Sorcery. When I have a little time, i shall try to find it again. I’m quite sure it’s to do with a mention of the Hellcannon. So, it may be the Old World Armoury instead.

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

Nice stuff.  Was that the extent of it?  What was the context? :)

Xander
thats all there was about the cds, it was just after an attack on the empire by chaos forces led by a now daemon prince (was an imperial knight), the empire was led by elyssia (i think thats her name) set 200 years before current date.
it was a little bit about the chaos survivors when they got back home with thier slaves

Obsidian:

Okay, got an entirely new one! (think and hope!:shy:)

In White Dwarf 205 was the beginning of a campaign called ‘‘Dark Conspiracy’’. It started with lizardmen versus Bretonnians and later most of the Warhammer World got into it. Apparently the Bretonnians stole powerful artefacts and the Lizzies, a couple of centuries later, want them back.

In White dwarf 208 (the final chapter) there is a brief overview given for the different races. This is mentioned about Chaos dwarfs;

Chaos Dwarfs

Tucked away in the dark Lands, the Chaos Dwarfs barely saw any action with either side. Of the few battles they did participate in, they only managed to win just over a third, a lacklustre performance only matched by the Skaven.

Hey just typing it over, don’t shoot me please!:wink:

There was also a very small picture with a battle report on it but only the first page can be read.

Not much I know but atleast it’s something right?! Tomorrow I hope to get some more old stuff out of storage to see what I can find. I know I have White Dwarfs stretching back all the way to issue 50-ish and some single issues even older so maybe I’ll have some nice finds…

Hashut’s Blessing:

Right, I don;t know if it’s been mentioned (I may have done), but they are in the Old World Bestiary, as are Hobgoblins and Bull Centaurs. When I remember and have time, I shall post this information and the information from the Realms of Sorcery book.

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

i dont know if its been mentioned elsewhere on the site but having just read the Heldenhammer book the Orc warlord of the Black Fire Pass seems to be a Black orc with an Obsidian Axe

cornixt:

Anything that is not on the [[Chaos Dwarf References]] page should be added if possible.

Arlon:

heres somthing from the world of warhammer pg 101 starts on the 16th line under the wing

“Perhaps, even the sorcerous god of the Chaos Dwarfs is a manifestation of the Changer of Ways”

Ancient History:

I’m not sure if this qualifies as “official.” WD325 (US) had a Slayer Sword Challenge where the four American Slayer Sword winners were given a (then new) Orc Warboss sprue, a paragraph describing an Orc character, and then had to complete a model for said description.

To quote the relevant decription; Orc Warboss Grog’nok Ironback on an Ironback Boar.

Grog’nok is the Black Orc leader of the Ironback tribe, a large Orc force in the Dark Lands. The Ironback tribe has a long history of interaction with the Chaos Dwarfs and in the past, Grog’nok served the Warlord Azeros. Azeros released Grog’nok from his service decades ago and granted him the Ironback Boar, a mighty Chaos Dwarf creation. The Ironback tribe continues to trade slaves and gold to the Chaos Dwarfs in exchange for weapons and other materials. His tribe is especially cunning and ruthless - no doubt a result of the constant interaction with the black-hearted Chaos Dwarfs.

Xander:

Current References udpated with [[Daemons of Chaos]] mentions:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/wiki/index.php?title=Chaos_Dwarf_History_and_Fluff#Current_Chaos_Dwarf_References

Hashut’s Blessing:

It’s taking ages to copy out all of the stuff from the Old World bestiary, but it shall be done!

Gaixo:

So is this only for current/canonical references? There’s a page from the Blood Bowl Star Players supplement about CDs. It’s from 1989, so obviously out of date, but slightly interesting and amusing.

shoestringrobba:

Very interesting, guys. Perhaps we will get a new book after all.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I put the stuff up on the wiki AGES ago.

Have we got the whole list of references from the WoC book? Particularly the timeline…

cornixt:

Yes, they are all in there (I may have missed one though)

[[Chaos Dwarf References]]

Hashut’s Blessing:

I’ll quickly check the one I thought of :wink:

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

A good thread as it involves Chaos Dwarves in the new HOC book

http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176236