[Archive] Ogre Kingdoms Rumors

Admiral:

Is a mammox big enough for a giant to ride like an ogre rides a rhinox? Even if not in the actual rules, sounds like a cool conversion opportunity.

cornixt
Good idea! I hear that Ogre Kingdoms is the most monstrous army.

BeeZharr:

Here’s a link to some pics of some of the new stuff. It’s a little crazy.

New Ogre Kingdoms models

Nebuchandnezzar:

Wow…

They look damn scary to play against, I’m slightly disappointed by the size of the mammox as I was hoping to use it as a war mammoth. Seriously though they look like some damn fine models :smiley:

Murdock129:

Not what I was expecting, I’m assuming the lower of the two massive things is a Mammox, I would have preferred the ogres to have leadbelcher cannons rather than a whip and crossbow but otherwise both it and the Stonehorn look great

The Cannon is interesting, I think it looks like something that could be an epic conversion if it was held by a giant. The scraplauncher has a wiff of Plagueclaw Catapult, kinda like they wanted a kit to be assembled two ways, designed the cannon part and kinda cobbled the catapault together at the last minute. (The cannon also looks like it has a little Chaos Dwarf ass-cannon in it)

The Rhinox Riders (I think) aren’t that good, honestly I’m gonna save up and get the FW ones instead. The creatures look more like Thunderwolves from Space Wolves than Rhinoxes and the riders look kinda spindly. If their not Rhinoxes it’ll be better IMO, and given that their nothing like the other Rhinoxes, thats a possiblity

Skewer Slingers seemed to be an incorrect rumor, and we have to wait to see the new Yhetees, though they might still be good, same with Jahred The Red on Rhinox, Golgfag Maneater and the other Finecast models

BeeZharr:

The Rhinox Riders (I think) aren't that good, honestly I'm gonna save up and get the FW ones instead. The creatures look more like Thunderwolves from Space Wolves than Rhinoxes and the riders look kinda spindly. If their not Rhinoxes it'll be better IMO, and given that their nothing like the other Rhinoxes, thats a possiblity

Murdock129
Someone on twitter was calling them 'Stegacats' - though this might be affectionate mocking.

Ugly Green Trog:

I reckon the cannon of the sky titan will make a good base for a hell-cannon. I will use the ogre as an ogre slave loader for my dreadquake and the rhinox I have been wanting for ages for a dino-riders esque warbeast for my snakebite orks. Anyone else think the mammox riders crossbow would make a good hobgoblin bolt thrower?

Vogon:

Thank you for the images but…

Sorry, not impressed, it looks like it’s more an exercise in big plastic kit making than designing decent models.

I’m sure the rules will make all these a no brainer in the army though. Just get me that Bale Taurus released soon.

Cheers

Vogon

cornixt:

I like all of them except the Rhinox riders. Nice to see GW coming up with some original stuff. I’m loving these new huge models they are making.

Thommy H:

I’ve heard some rumblings that those aren’t the Rhinox riders, but some other kind of monsters, somewhere between a Rhinox and a Sabretusk. Which you can see from the way they look.

Other than that, it all looks pretty funky.

Sanguinarian:

Some of the beasties are a bit too sleek and spiky for ogres IMO. Would have preferred chunky, dim witted looking things. Still, the top one might just find a way into my Chaos Dwarfs or Daemons armies.

Zuh-Khinie:

They all look a bit ‘chaosy’ to me… not really what I hoped for… I’ll probably have to buy them though if I ever want to make my ogre army at least a bit competitive…

Still, as I said… not really the thing I feel fits well with my view on OK…
Oh, and the fact that they made little howdahs to stand on on those monsters is just ridiculous… looking at respective sizes, the ogres would be able to ride them with a saddle, not just stand on them (but of course, the howdahs would be needed for GW to have more sales for WoC (for example) to mount marauders and the likes on those beasts).

Admiral:

Impressive, although especially the Mammox is a lot thinner than I’d have prefered it. The big Sabretusks are decent, although I prefer Rhinoxen. The Stonehorn came as a surprise. It’ll be easy to make Chaos Monsters from these new releases. :hat

wallacer:

Not too bad. I don’t think i’ll be buying them though.

Abecedar:

Just can’t see how I’d be able to use them anywhere. Only ogres I have are all Golgfags or Blood Bowl

Grimstonefire:

Finally figured out what I disliked about the bottom pic.  I thought it was supposed to be a mammoth, not some made up creature.  Now that I know its made up it doesn’t look too bad, but imo a mammoth would have been better.

I’m definitely going to buy that top one and turn it into a lamassu or perhaps some random unridden monster with obsidian horns.

Nicodemus:

These all look like great bitz to have for conversions… although I likely wouldn’t use them for what they’re intended.

Bolg:

How do you carry those things around when you are going to a tournament?

Not really impressed if I may say so, but at least it will be something to laugh at when you meet it on the other side of the table d:

Vogon:

I've heard some rumblings that those aren't the Rhinox riders, but some other kind of monsters, somewhere between a Rhinox and a Sabretusk. Which you can see from the way they look.

Other than that, it all looks pretty funky.

Thommy H
Well looking at the animals pulling the scrap launcher/cannon thing I would agree with this. The mounted animals don't look like a Rhinox at all. If they are doing Rhinox Riders as well perhaps these are the Ogre equivalent of "Fast Cav" and the Rhinox Riders are the "Heavy Cav" (all values are relative ;) )

While initially unimpressed the more I look the more I see things I like and think of conversion possibilities.

Cheers

Vogon

fonejaker:

Am i the only one thinking that the stonehorn would make a good taurus with a crap load of converting!!!

Admiral:

Am i the only one thinking that the stonehorn would make a good taurus with a crap load of converting!!!

fonejaker
You're not alone with that thought. :yar