[Archive] Ongoing HeroQuest Project [July 06, 2019]

Nicodemus:

Got lots of non-CD stuff but rarely ever post it, or else I’ve snuck it into my regular CD blog.

Just by way of catching up, below are some not-too-terrible examples of some of my models that are primarily used when playing Warhammer Quest.

The HQ Gargoyle on the right was one of the first models I ever painted back in the early 90s (the HQ Barbarian was the first).

These guys are on 25mm bases as they are characters for Warhammer Quest (with bases that I never finished).

This pic found its way into my regular BLOG… it’s the current unit of elves I’m working on.

And that pink thing in the background can now be unveiled. I wanted to make a terrain piece with a clock idea to it, and I drew on some of the iconic pieces of clocks with bells struck by hammer wielding tough guys like these:

I bought the bell piece from the current Skaven Screaming Bell, statues from the Chapel as well as the small house structure that goes atop the Watchtower.

This is where I am tonight with it:

~N

tjub:

I do like that bell tower! Great idea… :slight_smile:

ingtar_shinowa:

great models! I love the squigs. Looking to build a squig force of around 100 models just for fun!

zobo1942:

I think you should make a thread called 'Gaming and Time Management: How I use my arcane powers to bend time and space to give me the time I need to complete hundreds of gaming projects.'

No, I’m not kidding. How do you do it all!?

Fequiil:

awesome squigs! espessially mr. tquig.

and ofcourse i love th huge bel tower.

Hashut’s Blessing:

All absolutely beautiful, but I expected nothing less. Thinking about it, I have plenty of Heroquest models laying around and I have no use/skill for them. If you want them, sure they can be marched round and made good use of (I think it’s almost exclusively greenskins, with one nigh-unuseable Chaos Warrior and a smattering of Undead that may end up in my VC army).

Keep up the brilliant work!

P.S. Check out my blog when I start adding things to put into it :wink:

Loki:

Great work on every thing the tower is very very cool :slight_smile:

nitroglysarine:

I love the terrain piece.

great work!

Nicodemus:

No, I'm not kidding. How do you do it all!?

zobo1942
Borderline attention deficit ... not really, I just have lots of ideas and want to do them all.  That and I really do only sleep ~4 hours a night.  I also published 10 research papers last year (chem/biochem/health). That's actually a lot, but I'm gunning for a faculty position and it's publish or perish out there!  We all have the same hours in the day as Einstein, da Vinci, Curie, and countless other formidable individuals throughout history... if they could do a great many things then I have no excuse.
P.S. Check out my blog when I start adding things to put into it

hashut's blessing
Will do!

Well tower is coming along... will be done within the week I think. Maybe sooner.  I'm also working on the finishing touches for my 50-strong dawi slave unit, blazing through 20 CD warriors and several characters... oh and a Hellcannon, but that's stuff for my CD blog ;)   ...oh, and I'm working on several work-related papers... my Chaos Dwarf-themed Warhammer Quest adventure book and several fan rules pdfs for some of my units & unit fillers

~N

ingtar_shinowa:

Nico you can do better and win if you change to the Da Vinci sleep schedule!

Nicodemus:

Not much by way of an updated… just WIP shot of the clock tower/rock outcrop.

Without the building pieces or clock

I also decided that the clockwork statue with hammer needed a track to follow to get him to the bell… difficult to get it to show up when it’s all primed black though, but you can kind of make it out in the first pic.

View from the other side with the skull piece.

… and let me tell you, it takes a while to file all of those Skaven icons off that bell!! Glad I was only making one of these!!

~N

Nicodemus:

… slow going. If I had more time I’d have been able to finish this in one evening. Alas… not yet finished.

~N

Fequiil:

it’s really looking nice!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Not much time, but some fairly decent progress so far! Can’t wait to see it finished.

Then it’s just waiting for my Eshin slaves to bring it home…

I mean, uhm, cough my blog started!

Hazkar:

really like the idea of that clock tower

very original idea and a cool looking terrain piece

nitroglysarine:

Cool idea for the tower.

Is the flash on the camera on high, it seems a bit white for a rock face for my tastes.

Cool idea!!

Nicodemus:

Thanks for the compliments on the clock tower… glad others like it too :wink:

Is the flash on the camera on high, it seems a bit white for a rock face for my tastes.

nitroglysarine
I don’t think the flash is overly bright, in all honesty it really is a very light grey with off-white highlights. I wanted a light coloured terrain piece as I have a lot of dark coloured pieces already and it was getting samey… I was kind of going for a very weathered granite kind of look.  My intention as well is to have the light colour help accentuate the plastic bits they’re done - so the bell, statue, clock face and building pieces should pop out of the rock (I hope!!)

~N

nitroglysarine:

Ha, no I’ve just realised the problem, I usually have my screen brightness at it minimum setting, when I ran an update it reset to the normal brightness for some reason.

It looks fine now! ;p

sorry my bad!!

Nicodemus:

My clock tower terrain piece is not looking significantly different, but it’s significantly more “done”…

Here’s a preview of the bits that are going in to my next terrain piece…

~N

nitroglysarine:

I’m guessing from the bitz, temple to sigmar?