[Archive] Other than CD's what type are you?

nitroglysarine:

Apart from CD’s, what other army do you collect CURRENTLY for WFB?

I’m wondering if we tend towards another army more, say Warriors of Chaos, or Demons, or even the putrid clean dwarfs, or is it a nice balanced venn diagram.

Obviously pick as many armies as you have, the poll is set to allow multiple picks.

-note yes i have had to merge ‘types’ as the max is 10 in a poll, but its the style of models i’m after seeing a pattern in.

dncswlf:

um, poll?

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

nitroglysarine:

um, poll?

dncswlf
Sorry, typing 10 names took a while :p
This seems to be a bug with the site that when you first post, your post is visible before you finish the poll page.

Blue in VT:

um, poll?

dncswlf
:hat off I was about to say the same thing!

For me...in order or size of collection:
Regular Dwarfs (3rd 4th edition)
Empire (3rd 4th edition)
Chaos Dwarfs...smallest group...though they are my current favs!

Cheers,

Blue

nitroglysarine:

pop it in the poll :wink:

Obsidian:

Chaos in all its myriad forms! :cheers

Bolg:

I play Vanilla Dwarves and Orc & Gobbos. but I also collect DOW. (and I started a Dark elf army but I didnt vote for that one as I have no intention to pick them up in 8th edition)

nitroglysarine:

Well its a “shock” so far we collect mainly Chaos and Dwarves :stuck_out_tongue:

-lets see how it unfolds

Neil:

Everything apart from Elves, Tomb Kings and Brettonia

warh:

It’s Skaven, Dwarfs and Goblins for me

Nicodemus:

I guess Skaven and O&G, but that was only a recent discovery that I just so happened to have enough painted models for a 1500-2000 pt Skaven army and probably an equivalent O&G army. Oh, and I guess I have close to 2500 pts of Daemons too.

Since we mostly play Warhammer Quest I did a survey of what I have to make a game-legal army (points don’t include magic items, just plain vanilla units, maybe with or without shields in cases, as needed):

Chaos Dwarfs 8500pts (might be closer to 10K now, I haven’t added it up in a while)

Daemons of Chaos 2500pts

Skaven 2000pts

Warriors of Chaos 750pts

Dwarfs 1000pts

Orc & Goblin 1500pts

High Elves 750pts

If I had to guess I could probably eek out a 500-750pt game-legal list of:

Vampire Counts

Tomb Kings

Ogres

Empire

Dark Elves

Beastmen

Really though. Chaos Dwarfs is where it’s at. All these other models are just there to be slaughtered and enslaved by my Dawi’Zharr :wink:

Pyro Stick:

Im sure theres a few of these threads around already but i couldnt find them. If i find the links ill post them later.

Currently i collect Tomb Kings, Night Goblins, Wood Elves, Chaos bits and pieces (collector models etc) and Skaven, although the only playable army i have is Tomb Kings (have around 3000+ points, less than 1000 for all other armies) and i havent used them in years.

Zanko:

Dwarfs and Dark Elves! :hat off

I don’t know the exact points I own … you can see many of them in my other thread! :wink:

:hashut

nitroglysarine:

Im sure theres a few of these threads around already but i couldnt find them. If i find the links ill post them later.

Currently i collect Tomb Kings, Night Goblins, Wood Elves, Chaos bits and pieces (collector models etc) and Skaven, although the only playable army i have is Tomb Kings (have around 3000+ points, less than 1000 for all other armies) and i havent used them in years.

Pyro Stick
Yeah i had a look for them to, but couldn't find one, so I thought, what the hell!
Thought it might be interesting to see the CD cross section.

More orge collectors than I expected so far compared to the others.

Willmark:

There are “other” armies besides Chaos Dwafs? News to me.

GRNDL:

There are "other" armies besides Chaos Dwafs? News to me.

Willmark
Says the guy that has the High Elf fetish and prominently shows it off to the rest of us CD enthusiasts... :)

furrie:

Al forms of chaos (was my first army)

dwarfs

skaven (just started when the island of blood set came, already have a 2500+ army off these rats)

I’m also planning on starting an ogre army

Fallen246:

O&G, everything chaos, I am planning on getting some Ogres, more of a fun thing than a legit army, and Dark Elves (not the wussy other kinds!).

I was possibly considering Lizardmen, but that’d have to come after these probably. Too much to work on as is :stuck_out_tongue:

tjub:

None, at the moment my Chaos Dwarfs are the only WFB army I collect and they are more of a modeling project than a playable army. Guess I play about 2-3 battles a year. Hade been playing for more than 15 years though, so Ive been through most of the other armys at some time.

Loki:

I have

Chaos Dwarfs

Dwarfs

Empire

Kislev

WOC

VC

Ogres

Orcs and goblins

Dark elves

Daemons