[Archive] Painting The Renegades

clam:

Great work - Pyro! :cheers - and I will look forward to see Khazek in all his glory, who is my personal favourite of the Renegades. Didn’t know that Doomaxe came with ram horns - is this a original version (Limited edition?) or have you turned to a conversion here Pyro:)

cornixt:

What are these models, im unfamiliar with the 3rd Ed range...
How come they all have names?

Traitor King
They are all in the [[Chaos Dwarf Catalog]] under Renegades. Check out the new reference spreadsheet I put together with all the 3rd ed names (all single Chaos Dwarf models released in 2nd ed were given names but they lost them in 3rd for some reason), the link is at the top of the page.

Pyro Stick:

Didn't know that Doomaxe came with ram horns - is this a original version (Limited edition?) or have you turned to a conversion here Pyro:)

clam
I thought it was a fake cast when i got it so i asked Harvestmouse over on HoH and he said that the Renegades were the most popular 3rd edition Chaos Dwarfs so they came out with alternative versions of most of them. My Doomaxe is just an alternate version that was released later.

Pyro Stick:

Didnt really know what i could do to make Foaming Mad Furikson look good so i just tried to make his sword interesting and hopefully when i add lava to the base that will distract everyone from his face :slight_smile:

Willmark:

You have 3rd edition figures, you lucky bastage! On yeah great painting by the way too :wink:

zagor66:

I really like the face.

Pyro Stick:

I actually dont like anything about Foaming Mad Retard Face. If he had a mask over his face he would be much better.

zagor66:

And a BIG hat!!

Pyro Stick:

A big hat wouldnt suit him at all.

zagor66:

I think so.

Pyro Stick:

You must be shot. It definately would not hiss, hiss

zagor66:

May Hashut strike you down!!!

Pyro Stick:

Ill be painting Khazek Doomlord for tomorrow. I have a funny idea of what to paint on one of his shoulders and i think ill just paint the rune of hashut on the other. Hes going to have the same scheme as the mage. Red helmet and grey cloak.

zagor66:

Anticipation…of pictures.

wallacer:

I’m impressed by your work ethic. I haven’t been able to motivate myself to paint anything for weeks now.

Canix:

Looking forward to khazak ,foaming guy could do with a mask but you look to be modelling these 3rd ed unconverted as i will:mask

Pyro Stick:

I'm impressed by your work ethic. I haven't been able to motivate myself to paint anything for weeks now.

wallacer
Well since i have october holidays im trying to get as much done as possible before i have to do homework etc. Hopefully i will get more bulls and the hellcannon done. I doubt the crew will get done though. Anyway, look out for a Khazek update tomorrow.

clam:

I’m also looking forward to see Khazak - one of my favorite models! G! - I hope i’ll find the boxset some day!

Pyro Stick:

I'm also looking forward to see Khazak - one of my favorite models! G! - I hope i'll find the boxset some day!

clam
http://tinyurl.com/2csvox

Pyro Stick:

Ill try get better pics tomorrow. You cant see the colour very well in these.