[Archive] Pfreck's Chaos Dwarf� � warband [WIP]

Pfreck:

Hey guys!

I’ve been working on my Black Dwarf warband for the Mordheim supplement Border Town Burning a week or so, and this is what I’ve done so far. My goal is to finish them for a Mordheim meeting in two weeks…

These are the mini’s I’ve been working on. Two regular Chaos Dwarf henchmen and a Goaler, heavily inspired by Snotling. :slight_smile:

I’m also working on my Bull Centaur. I used to original Bull Centaur body and decided to start sculpting the upper body because I didn’t liked the original one.

And to show you guys how dedicated I am atm, I even got the Black Dwarf PDF on my iPhone! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hopefully I stay motivated to finish this warband in time!

Cheers

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

Bassman:

Awesome armor on your dwarfs. Nice and clear gs work.

Xander:

You’re back! Welcome back!

They look awesome. Snotling would be proud.

clam:

I can see the inspiration here :wink:

You did great with these. Very nice sculots.

Have you thought abort giving the shields some kind of sculpted on icon?

And then I’m just looking forward to see the finished BC.

Any ideas how you’ll do the Sorcerer and the Informers?

Kera foehunter:

Nice work!!cool bull centaur i like the use of the female reaper figure

theblackmage:

nice dwarfs with goggles, I may have to borrow that for my war machines.

also like the bull centaur:hat off

Loki:

Great gs work on these models looking forward to seeing more :slight_smile:

Hashut’s Blessing:

Looking excellent so far. Are the white blobs on the gaolers forehead tiny horns or something? (sorry, laptop isn’t showing them well) As has been asked, what are you thinking of doing for the sorcerer? What’s your warband list looking like at the moment?

Pfreck:

Thanks a lot for comments guys! :slight_smile:

Xander, it’s good to be back… glad to know that you missed me! :wink:

Clam, I actually did that right after I took the pictures! I sculpted the Rune of Hashut on one of the CD henchmen’s shield. I’ll show some pictures of it soon… The icon itself is actually sprayed black because I did that icon a while back on a different mini, so I guess it’s better to show it once it’s painted? :wink:

As for the Informers, they’ll be Hobgoblins with Slings and Maces. I’ll be using Night Goblin bodies with some modifications (much like Xander’s Hobbo’s)… I only found a pair of Goblin Wolf Rider legs so far in my bitzbox, so I’ll have to look for another 3…

Kera, thanks a lot! Would the mini be better with a pirate hat on her? I actually did a little mock-up sculpt of her wearing a pirate hat… It looked quite cool tbh… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hashut’s Blessing, the ‘white blobs’ are plasticard rods drilled out to look like goggles. It might look weird on some monitors but it’ll look better once painted. :wink:

For the Sorcerer I’m using the [[BFSP]] Cannon loader with the cannon ball (like everyone does?) but I’m still open for suggestions! :cheers

Here’s the list of the starting warband:

Black Dwarf warband

HEROES

Sorcerer [93gc]

/ Axe, Hammer.

Bull Centaur [106gc]

/ 2 Hammers.

Goaler [63gc]

/ Hammer, Steel Whip.

Goaler [56gc]

/ 2 Hammers.

HENCHMEN

2 Chaos Dwarfs [96gc]

/ Hammers, shields.

4 Hobgoblin Informers [80gc]

/ Slings, maces.

Total:

Kera foehunter:

@ Well since you ask Well yes she would and a cutlass in her hand too

* kera smiles *

Pfreck:

Not sure if I can post pictures of the finished Henchmen in this thread… But here are some pictures!

And also a WIP shot of my Sorcerer and my second Goaler. :smiley:

What do you guys and girl think? :slight_smile:

Loki:

These models are looking awesome, that rune of Hashut on the shield looks ace, for the lava are you going to make it lighter or is it finished ?

Crube:

Very nice work - it’s great to see such crisp sculpting. It looks fab once painted too. All to often sculpting can look fine when it’s green, but a coat of paint shows up the slightest imperfections.

Any special tips or tricks, or is it just a combination of raw skill, patience and practise.

Hazkar:

wow:o

your gs skills are awesome,so well detailed

they look great

love it

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Excellent work, love the goggles! :hat

Xander:

Excellent stuff.

Painted pics are okay, as you’ve shown the WIP pics already.  When I first set up the site, there was the Conversions and Showcase dichotomy. When the blog section was later added, it sort of took away from the dichotomy… I am still trying to work out a good way to deal with the distinction.

At the rate and quality of your Warband, this might have a future on the main site once completed. :wink:

tjub:

Wow, great work! :slight_smile:

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

clam:

Pfreck-ing cool warband :smiley:

I love the coloured versions of these. You did great - and glad to see the warrior did get a shield rune :wink:

Looking forward to see some WIPs of those Informers and your progress on the BC.

Border Reiver:

Normally, I don’t like the “masked” look for Chaos Dwarfs, but for yours I am willing to make an exception. The warband has a very cohesive feel to it and this really improves the whole.

Excellent work.

Kera foehunter:

Well this girl thinks he need a tall hat !