demi_morgana:

hello,

the contest is ended so I can present bigger pics of my entry :slight_smile:

and if you’re inteersted in WIP protos - just click here :hat off

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

Ubertechie:

Hi there

I thought this was an excellent model and a very interesting diorama - however I didn’t vote for it because I didn’t understand the warmachine or how it was meant to work.

Maybe for future GH competitions being able to submit some supporting text would be a good idea that I will suggest to Xander.

Overall it reminded me of classic WW2 dioramas that all tell a little story and are akin to a 3 dimensional photo / snapshot in time - very very impressive stuff

Ghrask Dragh:

I loved this entry, it’s everything I think Chaos Dwarfs should be… quirky, innovative, different and ingenious!!!

Honestly I think this is one of my favorite GH entries ever and has really raised the bar for entries. The painting is fantastic.

I love it!!

:cheers

Kera foehunter:

that great !! i like it alot

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I felt a little the same way as Ubertechie, I didn’t understand if it’s part of a warmachine or a warmachine in itself - but the execution and the paint job are phantastic. That toad is also a funny and memorable little detail. This certainly makes a wonderful display piece. Who knows, you might actually want to enter it into the next Golden Demon contest! ^^

Border Reiver:

I agree that your painting and diorama skills are top notch, I just didn’t see how this was a warmachine.

snowblizz:

Duh!

It is a super-deathroller-thingy. Obviously it rolls around squishing the foes of Hashut!

Swissdictator:

How in the world did you paint the metal? I really love the paint job. Very nice work! Nice conversion work too, a lot of detail all around.

It is nice in the sense I get the feeling that this is a snapshot in a story. A story which I think would be cool to hear and might make a good WoH submission. (hint hint).

Canix:

Thats a great piece of work there :hat off I can see alot more detail now in these pics but i still think skaven doomwheel .Still an astounding entry :hat

orcs of fire:

BRILLIANT…

I also agree with ish and ubertechie, the paintjob is the best!!!:hat off

TLTG:

I kind of thought it was a turbine from some sort of chaos dwarf boat or plane.

…I’m still totally hung up on how awesome it would be to have chaos dwarfs in flight caps and scarves flying tiny biplanes. I know.

demi_morgana:

I just didn't see how this was a warmachine.

Border Reiver
well I also cannot see much machine in pointy tube filled with gunpowder - mine at least have an engine :hat off (2 engines to be frank ;) )
How in the world did you paint the metal? I really love the paint job. Very nice work! Nice conversion work too, a lot of detail all around.

It is nice in the sense I get the feeling that this is a snapshot in a story. A story which I think would be cool to hear and might make a good WoH submission. (hint hint).

Swissdictator
base color was gw boltgun metal, after that there were many (MANY) layers of glazes: blue, brown, some reddish and mixes of these colors; when glazes dried up - boltgun/chainmail drybrush and glazes again... after painting whole piece was covered with many layers of matt varnish;

there was short story behind the project but unfortunately it's far to short and boring to present it anywhere... :~

so.sad:

Ha, I knew it was you doing this.

Though CDO has very gifted members there are few that can paint to such high standart.

Will you be painting scibors new dwarfs, too?

demi_morgana:

Will you be painting scibors new dwarfs, too?

so.sad
no, my painting skills definitely don't fit color scheme we try to keep on the site... :~
but I think sooner or later I'll paint some so-called chaos dwarfs (the true name of the race is Moscals btw) just to expand collection of minis in my glass-case

tjub:

This entry is really well done, but I too must say that I didnt really get it at first…

Zanko:

Your GH entry was one of my favourites and I voted both times for it. :cheers

I also do not really understand the mechanism but it just looks great, is unique and brilliant painted!!! :hat off

So I want to see more minis/models like this one … please!!! :wink:

:hashut

two_heads_talking:

This was my favorite model of them all. it was my first pick in each vote.

cornixt:

I just didn't see how this was a warmachine.

Border Reiver
well I also cannot see much machine in pointy tube filled with gunpowder - mine at least have an engine :hat off (2 engines to be frank ;) )

demi_morgana
Still leaves the big questions: What is it? How is it meant to work? What does it do?

GRNDL:

@cornixt

I imagine it rolls toward the enemy and crushes them, or scatters them to the winds so they can be mopped up by following units.

Its a CD doomwheel, motorized.

clam:

As said before ‘Demi_M’, this was the best paintjob in all GH VIII (IMO) - if I could, I would have given this entry all my 3 votes in the last round. You enty is totally unique and innovative - and I really, really love it.

Do you have any ‘greens’ to show as well?

I’m really looking forward to see more chaotic dwarfs/Moscals for your hands. Hope you’ll come around and show us.

:cheers