[Archive] Power of the sprue?

Joshmohr:

After seeing a whole necron army made from 100% sprue’s, i figured: Why dont we try making a few models out of 100% sprues? If enough people agree to do it, why dont we make it a little contest?

It can be fantasy, 40k, lord of the rings, or just about any war-game piece you want.

So- Who’s up for giving this a try?

Borador:

Sounds like fun, I might try to do one after tuesday

What are the exact rules?

We can use sprue in any shape right? (so I am allowed to do some notorious “sprue carving”)?

And just sprue + glue or also other materials?

Cheers,

-Borador

Abecedar:

Having recently made a custom shield for a gamezone shaggothy type thingy. It was wholly out of sprue, wire and glue and then shaped it. I reckon that would be good criteria. How about No greenstuff to make it harder.

Borador:

Yeah that was what I meant with just sprue + glue, wire would be fine IMO :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (no GS that id haha)

up to joshmohr to decide though since he started this ^^

Also, no plasticard?

snowblizz:

Also, no plasticard?

Borador
Umm, no?

The Necron army Joshmohr referred to can be found here:
http://easternfringe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6739

built solely from parts of sprue an glue, very little shaping either.

In essence it is sort of a stick-figure version of miniatures army.

nitroglysarine:

I have a model that is 99% sprue, i’ll get a picture up later.

Grimstonefire:

That’s what at games day they call a Scrap Daemon.

I’d give this a go if we had a decent theme, and as long as it didn’t need to be painted. :wink:

Thorne:

Sure ill give it a shot I got a load of spruse just waiting for something to do with them.

nitroglysarine:

Is this going to be a bit of fun, or a mini competition?

I’d prefer just a bit of fun.

Borador:

Also, no plasticard?

Borador
Umm, no?

snowblizz
The questionmark was there to state it was a suggestion haha.

Thorne:

Will basing materials be allowed ? Not like Uber forge world custom base type things What I mean is flock moss bark sand ect on the sprue model we will be building ?

Grimstonefire:

I think only very basic basing would be best to keep things simple.

Would there be a theme for this, or just build something?  What about something Chaos related (for WH or 40k)?

I don’t have any parts remotely suitable, but I fancy having a go at a spawn!

No greenstuff, but you can attempt to carve the plastic parts.

nitroglysarine:

Is flattening the sprue out with a hammer acceptable to make little plates?

As i’ve done that already without thinking.

Borador:

@ Thorne

Like Grim said, I think really simple basing would be best.

@ Grim

Josh said that anything could be made, 40K, fantasy, chaos related, LoTR etc. ;D (also non-GW war-game stuff) Since he started this I guess that is the guideline.

@ nitro

I guess that’s fine, it’s still sprue right? And if you are allowed to carve, you are also allowed to hammer it down in my opinion!

nitroglysarine:

@ nitro
I guess that's fine, it's still sprue right? And if you are allowed to carve, you are also allowed to hammer it down in my opinion!

Borador
Sweet!, i'm still in the game!
damn it i just lost the game, and the wash game. FECK!!

Grimstonefire:

Excellant.  I’ll make a start on this next week I think.  I’m not planning on painting it.

I might actually use this as a concept test for something else I’m planning to build.

nitroglysarine:

I’d say its would be preferred that it wasn’t painted, kinda goes a way to prove that its all sprue!

And mine would look stupid with paint on!

Thorne:

Cunning plan V1 is still in effect ! God bless my crazy mind :wink: Post 601 damn :wink:

Hazkar:

anything i want from sprues?hmm…sound interesting

just need an idea.is there a deadline or something?

ingtar_shinowa:

this is neat subscribed!