[Archive] Publicity Drive

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

Anyhow, back to topic all. Remember, there's that signature banner I posted. Go grab it and starte dposting on other forums too!

Hashut's Blessing
Finally!!! ;)

Where is this banner?

cornixt:

I was just being pedantic ;) But just because an alloy or compound (briefly forgotten the term for a metal and non-metal compound) contains iron, does not mean it will form iron oxide.

Hashut's Blessing
Stainless steel has a bit of chrome and nickel in it, both of which oxidise to a green. The red stuff is iron oxide, and as kera says, it never sleeps.

Here's a link with the banner ad in it. It would be odd to have it as a sig on this site, so no one has...

http://ritesofwar.org/images/sigs/cdosig.gif

Joshmohr:

^^ Kera always seems to know what to say. :cheers

Any advice for a new member?

GRNDL:

Yeah, always support the Big Hats. You know its the right thing to do.

Willmark:

Yeah, always support the Big Hats. You know its the right thing to do.

GRNDL
Hrmmm o_O

Baggronor:

Down with big hats!! Let the mask/helm combo revolution begin!!!:hashut

dedwrekka:

Small hats and masks!

Henroth:

Hey! Chaos Dwarfs fan’s from Spain present!

Maul:

How do we get listed as a supporter of Podhammer?

http://podhammer.net/friends-of-podhammer/

GRNDL:

@Baggranor

I find it disturbing that people can be pro-Chaos dwarves but attack hats whenever they can, like its cool or something. We are supposed to be supporting all our cause. You will note that I didn’t slam masks/helms, but merely suggested that hats be supported. There is room for all in one army. I guess some people have such a narrow vision that they want to include things only they like.

So much for Chaos Dwarf solidarity.

BilboBaggins:

I’m a fan of the Big hats, just look at my army. :hat I do like the look of the masks but they hide the signature TUSKS that proves they were warped by the winds of Chaos. I feel they wouldn’t fit in with my current models.

If they do release new models maybe they can make it with 2 different heads on the sprue one masked and one unmasked. Also make the Hats optionals so people can really vary their models in the army.

GRNDL:

@Bilbo

I agree, in the grand scheme of things, there is still a place for the bitz and as far as hobbyists go, the Hats won’t go away easily. Looking at GW’s current model range, they still support a variety of old looks from obsolete models: for example, space marine sprues, particularly Black Templar and Dark Angels, have bitz for obsolete power armour helms, such as the Maximus and Corvus (Beakie) armour, even though as a standard designs they’ve been gone a long time.

In my vision of the CD’s, there are masks and helms for war and Hats for pomp and rituals. I see no reason to stomp on someone else’s preferrence just because it doesn’t fit in with how I think CDs should, or even will, be.

From an artistic perspective, I feel its a shame that the CD simply be made into short chaos warriors, when they have the influence of a unique look. However, I think in practical terms, and hope for a mix of several creeds, with the Hats perhaps becoming “Hatmets” (helm/hat hybrids), like the “sugar loaf” crusader helms of the real world, decorated up the wazoo.

dedwrekka:

@Baggranor

I find it disturbing that people can be pro-Chaos dwarves but attack hats whenever they can, like its cool or something. We are supposed to be supporting all our cause. You will note that I didn't slam masks/helms, but merely suggested that hats be supported. There is room for all in one army. I guess some people have such a narrow vision that they want to include things only they like.

GRNDL
As I've pointed out before, the Chaos Dwarf community has an image issue. IE, we can't come up with a unified image. Hats, masks, helms, tusks, beards, chaos star, separation from the chaos gods; trying to get everyone in the community to agree on what Chaos Dwarfs should be, or what they even look like currently doesn't work.

To be honest though, as much as there is room-for-all in one army, it's going to be a bit of a competition to see who ends up in any actual releases. A point of pride really, even though we wont really have the final say in what image would get released.

Baggronor:

I find it disturbing that people can be pro-Chaos dwarves but attack hats whenever they can, like its cool or something. We are supposed to be supporting all our cause. You will note that I didn't slam masks/helms, but merely suggested that hats be supported. There is room for all in one army. I guess some people have such a narrow vision that they want to include things only they like.

Erm, which part of what I said sounded like a serious comment? I'm not seriously trying to slate the wearing of large hats by a fictitious race, its frankly not a topic that warrants serious views or any kind of animosity. If you like big hats, good for you. Crikey, a bit of an overreaction :o

Thommy H:

its frankly not a topic that warrants serious views or any kind of animosity
We should put this quote in the forum rules thread.

Willmark:

Or everyone should just have fun with the differences and not take it too seriously.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Also, if this continues on the subject of hats=good/bad, I shall have to lock it. Please get back on topic.

Going back to the banner, it’s somewhere in this thread in one of my posts, as a url (but not linked). Nobody on the website has it in their banner here, but it’s intended to be used on other websites to generate publicity for here :smiley:

Willmark:

This is the one that HB is talking about:

I use it everywhere except this site, as it make little sense to have it in your sig here…

BilboBaggins:

Now I just need one the appropriate size to use as a banner for one of my Chaos Dwarf Warrior units (or Hobgoblin/Sneaky Git).

Onii One Orc:

Actually, I have that banner in my sig here, since I hadn’t thought of anything else that was appropriate yet. :slight_smile: